Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Health Penalties

I just got halfway through round 24 on TLK challenge. I used my 4* star Mirage to beat Megatron and I got an AMAZING run.
I was able to beat him and as Mirage was celebrating the game lagged out and wouldn't load the result screen. Now I know that this was no connection issue on my end because I was playing a video on my computer on the background at the same time.

So the game keeps telling me that it's trying to connect to the servers but the loading cog just keeps turning. Eventually I just closed the game because I was stuck either way. And guess what? I came back to my Mirage who has lost half his health and a full health Megatron.
I get the concept of health penalties. Otherwise players could just restart the game and try again which defeats the purpose of the challenge, but I lost health after the fight was already done. So my suggestion is: Can we just get an energy penalty for Special Missions?
There are still people who's game randomly closes while playing and we're getting punished for that and that's just not fair. Let me know what you think of my suggestion or leave another one down below :)

Comments

• wish there was a way for the game to detect which end the disconnect comes from and stop penalizing players for problems on their end........yup, pipe dreams
  • +1.
    And there's even easier than detecting which end disconnects :
    1/ maintain a state machine on the device and the server
    2/ implement a message queue.
    If the sync message fails, resend it as soon as network is up.
    In any case, restart the fight with the last common state between the device and the server, and this for both bots.
    Pretty simple dev pattern
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    wish there was a way for the game to detect which end the disconnect comes from and stop penalizing players for problems on their end........yup, pipe dreams

If it was that simple and as well if it’s on their end then everyone would be disconnecting. It’s the combinations of your device your os on device and game, and your network connection.

I myself have never crashed in am or special event since Beta that I can recall. Now since iOS 11 and games latest update I have random lag spikes and even more excessive heating up, before removing case prevented any heat related slowdown now it doesn’t
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I agree completely. If the game is going to be prone to crashes and errors, it needs to remove the punishment for "leaving" the fight. I've crashed during Arena matches and it just restarts the fight, which is understandable. A massive HP punishment and full enemy heal is not okay.

I didn't even bother trying to fully complete the 4* challenge. I have terrible luck and just know the game will crash at the absolute worst times. I got enough essence to finish my T3 Basic and I was gone.
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    wish there was a way for the game to detect which end the disconnect comes from and stop penalizing players for problems on their end........yup, pipe dreams

If it was that simple and as well if it’s on their end then everyone would be disconnecting. It’s the combinations of your device your os on device and game, and your network connection.

I myself have never crashed in am or special event since Beta that I can recall. Now since iOS 11 and games latest update I have random lag spikes and even more excessive heating up, before removing case prevented any heat related slowdown now it doesn’t
    Mustangjon wrote: »

That's awesome for you not having the crash issues I've had to suffer through. I mostly play from home after work on a solid wifi connection. Never had an issue with connectivity like this from any other app or game. I tried to use my Samsung phone and same crap.
    Must be the worlds biggest coincidence that so many players have described the exact same situation.
  • Sorry MJ if I come back sounding like I was slinging a turd at ya, I'm just frustrated.
    Was not my intent. If we take the end user's connection out of the equation, where's the problem lie?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    Well as many players that have the issue that many or more don’t, so once again what I said stands true it’s the combination of device os and game (also memory on your phone other background apps).

Never stated it didn’t happen but saying their server is dropping connection is incorrect or everyone would experience this
  • I like your posts so I'm just gonna stop here
  • I'm dropping out recently once on almost every raid since the recent update. I haven't updated to iOS 11 yet however so I thought that might have something to do with it.
    iPhone 5S.
  • @Kabam Miike Any plan to finally implement a proper state machine for bots health + message synchronization ?

It's becoming really anoying, to not only loose a fight you really won just because the last sync message couldn't make it to your servers, but also restart the fight - at best 2min after, because you need to restart the game - with half HP while the opponent restarts full life....

If your dev team find it to difficult - or admittedly to costly for the device for instance - to implement a full state machine + message queue, please start with this simple rule : if the fight is won, it's won !
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    This has been a constant complaint against the game since day 1, and I have never really seen any Kabam Mod really address it more than "Thanks for the feedback!"

On one side, I can understand the need for having a health penalty system. Its to deter people from force closing the game during a fight they are losing in the hopes that when they come back their bot will still be alive. But for a game that already has pretty serious stability issues across BOTH major platforms (Android/iOS), I find the fact that they still have penalties that leave your bots with 50% less HP after a game crash pretty excessive.

Im not saying get rid of all HP penalties altogether, but maybe instead it could be 10% HP...or even better, how about a debuff that is placed on the specific bot that is a -75% attack penalty that lasts for 2hrs or something? Those would still deter people from abusing the system, but not over penalize players for the games own faults.