Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The IronHide Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 3* IronHide

Comments

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    And no he didn't. Not even top 200.
  • And that's what makes this thread annoying. He's given the opportunity to earn flat out the bot he wants and doesn't make an honest effort. He's more concerned with getting his name in Guiness. Like that's actually going to happen. I would definitely feel for sympathetic if he was giving an honest effort but he isn't. He is in the extreme for casual playing and complains about not getring what he wants going for some record that ultimately means nothing because he is putting forth next to zero effort
    You should take his complaining with a bit of salt. I think he knows exactly how casual he is and how that affects his chances. However I would've liked to see his name in the leaderboard somewhere :) or maybe I just missed it.
  • I am. And if you find it, post a screenshot here. I'm not here trying to mess with his thread, I just would like to see a bit of effort if he is going to keep this going. Seems like he's putting more effort into contacting Guiness(I seriously doubt he actually has but never know). Oh well. I guess people find this interesting somehow.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    There is one particular thing about how he opens crystals that makes me laugh. Even though we all know the spinner is just for show, why always wait until IH passes by before tapping?

I mean... If things were different and the spinner did actually influence what you get, then this would be the absolute worst way to judge when to stop it.. With the lowest probability of landing on the bot you wanted.

Just sayin.

And if you've been trying this for 90 days the same way and failing...Call me superstitious but I'd be trying anything I could think of differently.
  • I'm just reminded of when I wanted a 3* original Prime. His arena came up and I busted my butt to get what I wanted. You know how that ended? With me getting a 3* Prime. I worked for what I wanted and didn't pay a dime.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    place your bets on which milestone he got to.

If all the milestones weren't reached then I'd sincerely and respectfully suggest not bothering with this 'gambit' any further.

I'm sorry but it's just not interesting to hear the story of the person who is saving up daily crystals trying to get a 3* from them when it's like a what.. 1-5%? chance to get a 3* from a daily. Everyone gets daily crystals, this is nothing special and no special effort for something you claim you want.

It's hard to tell if it's even legit or just a giant troll. I mean, who opens a 4* and just complains without saying a single positive thing about it.

Every 'update' is like listening to someone saying they want to lose weight and get six pack abs while eating big macs every day... and then hearing them complain that they gained weight instead of losing weight as if it's not their fault.
    I actually got a 3* ironhide from daily crystals a couple times ;)
    actually.. you know what.. I haven't gotten a single 3* bonecrusher yet at all, I should start my own gambit and get in to the guiness book of records.

If you only need AGBandits level of effort to get in to guiness then I'll automatically get in.

Who else randomly hasn't gotten a particular 3* yet? Get your gambits out.
  • 813xf35kfmmv.png
    *ahem*
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I shall be starting a Ramjet gambit!
    Just kidding, but seriously I opened a lot of Airhead crystals

• Hey, Commanders.

A few posts have started to lean towards insulting the poster rather than contribute to the actual topic. Let's remember to keep things constructive. If you're interested in participating in the discussion, keep it focused on the spirit and intent behind the activity.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Who else randomly hasn't gotten a particular 3* yet? Get your gambits out.

After all this time I still don't have a 3* Barricade(a 4* on the other hand....)

Nor have I yet to get a 3* Ultra Magnus
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 100: Slightly different video for this week as I respond to most comments verbally. Only 14 Crystals to open this week (as that's average for ME). Single digits would be a bad week and Crystals numbering 20 or more would be a VERY active week... maybe not for any of you guys... but for ME.

Also for this week, I was able to compile data differentiating between casual, daily and hardcore players...
    To reiterate that there's never been any misconceptions as to the type of player I am and will continue to be, refer to the chart below.
    gh5trhes8ivp.jpg

Comments:
    • Despite the various amounts of criticism, ONE and ONLY ONE underlying key point needs to be brought to the forefront. I called from the very beginning that at best, MY luck is so atrocious or at worst that I'm the target of some "game hook algorithm"... and the proof of that would be shown in the coming weeks and months of how I'm unable to acquire my favorite bot. So without deviating from the original plan, I've still been able to acquire well over a dozen "useful" 3* Bots. Had ANY ONE of those Bots been the proclaimed goal, this Gambit would've been over by now as I've already duped a few of them (including ones I'm happy with like Prime and BB).
    • But yet I called it. So the question now becomes why was I SO fortunate to obtain all of those other 3* Bots but not THE ONE? In all honesty, there IS NO ANSWER. I will be the first to admit it. BUT, for the spirit of this thread, my journal and it's intrinsic entertainment value, you HAVE to take this journey for what it is... not seriously.
    • With that all said, always keep in mind the following caveat: If my dialogue or actions offend you, that's a surefire sign you've missed the point. Which leads me to the "tongue-in-cheek" ramblings of my THEORY about how I'm a victim of a "game hook algorithm". 1) 2* IronHide was THE FIRST bot I ever duped and maxed out. This clearly sent the message that it was my favorite. 2) 2* IronHide has ALWAYS been in every mission roster I can fit him in, whether 3, 4 or 5 member squads, he's in there. 3) and finally the creation of this thread possibly didn't help in volunteering what my account's favorite bot is... so I probably shot myself in the foot there...
    • Moving forward and staying ON TOPIC, I'm actually interested in hearing which favorite bots you've yet to obtain or are close to. Misery loves company! 3* IronHide or Bust!
    I'm afraid there are some misconceptions in your table about HC players. Of which I consider myself one. I haven't opened a 4h or daily (or alliance) crystal in months. I keep collecting them though ... until the rewards improve ;) (Though to be honest I think most people do just open them ... )
    edited October 2017
    What was your rank last IH arena?

Also, it's IH arena again.

Hmm, this table is a bit misleading. For example, 'in an alliance' has you as the same as a hardcore player, but your alliance is less than half full and not active. 'participate in arenas' puts you the same as a hardcore player as well.. but if that were true you'd already have IH from the last arena.

I'm not sure how it helps to show anything accurate or useful.

My fave is Soundwave.

When are we getting a Soundwave avatar on the forums T_T
    A little clarification on the table: The option choices were Never, Sometimes & Always as it pertains to how often somebody participated in an event each time they logged into the game. The labeled choice was only selected as representative based on majority percentages..

So for example, under using Daily Boosts. A majority of Casual players Never use boosts when they log on, a majority of Daily players Sometimes use boosts when they log on, and a majority of Hardcore players Always use boosts when they log on. So although there was a smaller percentage of Hardcore players that Sometimes or even Never use daily boosts, they represented the minority of their group. Thus why "Always" was selected as the representing choice.

And yes, I Always participate in arenas when I log on... How that does NOT equate to me already having IH the same as a hardcore player is because my participation is still limited by 1) my skill in the arenas and 2) the frequency and duration of being in said arenas compared to HC players on a daily basis.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Guys... There's lighthearted banter, and then there's just being harsh for the sake of it.

He's a casual player that logs in every day. This whole thread makes more sense now. I assumed for the longest time he was stacking shards like most other players in the game, but thats not what's happening because he has real life priorities.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Manthro wrote: »
    Guys... There's lighthearted banter, and then there's just being harsh for the sake of it.

He's a casual player that logs in every day. This whole thread makes more sense now. I assumed for the longest time he was stacking shards like most other players in the game, but thats not what's happening because he has real life priorities.

Nothing wrong with that.

sadly at this point of time the game doesn't favor casuals that much.. grinding for the 3* / 4* bot crystals is currently the optimum way to play the game. Around 1-2 hours a day for a laid back player and 3-4 hours a day for a hardcore player like me. For free to play players that is.. if you drop some money here and there probably less hours needed (for 3*s). 4* bots still requires u to grind often.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    He even stated in his first post when restarting this it was for entertainment value nothing more
    Day 108: If there ever was a week of wasted crystals for worthless bots, this was it. Just an overall "blah" week.
  • StealthmodeStealthmode Posts: 218
    edited October 2017
    Did you win the Guiness World Record yet?? Lol @AGBandit Also, i heard you had a Youtube acct, and i would like to know what it is called so i can watch one of your vids
  • But I’m also a casual player (Formerly hardcore, especially since school makes it difficult) that logs in everyday, plays for 2 or so hours, doesn’t stack crystals and I have 2 r3 4*s. (Practically) I have my own “Gambit”-esque thread and update it every other week. just adding my input. Do i deserve to be attacked? Lol
    Did you win the Guiness World Record yet?? Lol @AGBandit Also, i heard you had a Youtube acct, and i would like to know what it is called so i can watch one of your vids

Just click on any of the highlighted Day Numbers at the beginning of each of my posts... you'll be taken there.
  • I did it! finally! Took me just as long if not longer.
    vckmqdzzbf79.png
    Day 120: I went AWOL for about a week there, I was so busy, I even missed my chance at getting the free 3* Starscream. Major loss there. (Sarcasm alert.)

Comments:
    Congrats Prom, but I sincerely doubt yours took as long as mine is taking (and will take). What level are you currently? I still don't even a single 3* IH to begin with...
  • AGBandit wrote: »
    Day 120: I went AWOL for about a week there, I was so busy, I even missed my chance at getting the free 3* Starscream. Major loss there. (Sarcasm alert.)

Comments:
    Congrats Prom, but I sincerely doubt yours took as long as mine is taking (and will take). What level are you currently? I still don't even a single 3* IH to begin with...

I am currently sitting at level 43 with 2 rank 3 4*s and grinding as hard as i can towards another one while at the same time participating in my highest AM difficulty to date (However... there’s one non-featured 3* bot i haven’t gotten... Bumblebee.)
    Day 127: Same Old $#!+, Different Week...

Comments:
    Well as I stated in my initial post many moons ago.... I bet I have someone's favorite in my collection, and they have mine in theirs... In a perfect online gaming world.... trades.
    edited November 2017
    Day 136: I've never gotten so many IronHides in one sitting... No I'm serious... this is beyond coincidental!
    Day 142: I had no idea that 3-Star Bots could be obtained from the Free Daily Crystals... huh, you play long enough... you learn things.