Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The strong get stronger while the weak stay the same slow progress

Comments

• Lots of people consider "pay to win" player an insult. Saying someone is one of the best is an easy claim to back up. Now if I said he was the best, that'd not only be incorrect but a personal opinion.
  • So he's one of the best out of the small portion of players you know? I can accept that glad it's cleared up. I'm not insulted people pay to win it's a way of life not just this game but it's kinds hard to watch someone gloat on a thread that applies to them much less than others who do not pay to win. As I said no harm intended
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Troll? Lol questioning something makes me a Troll, I think you should put some thought into the meaning of the insult you just threw at me. Comes across very slow minded

Toughnut is one of the best players in the game, along with anyone in OVPWR. The ov family values skill over wallet. I personally prefer videos over screenshots. How do I know that's your hit streak? Could be someone else's.

Are there alliances that Actually value wallet over skill? Just wondering
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Are there alliances that Actually value wallet over skill? Just wondering
    No. Only those which value trainers over skill.

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Toughnut has legit skills. He also pays to stay at the front of the pack. Those aren’t mutually exclusive. I’d say everyone who gets things first is paying for it. The ones who also have skills can pay a bit less. He was second to finish ROK by about half an hour, and it’s his screenshots and descriptions of the mods that everyone else uses to think about what bots to bring.

He did it with only WB as an armor penetrating bot, no OGP, no Rat.

Not disputing any of the other issues here, but this much is fact
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Doesn't really matter how Toughnut stays on the top, but he is there. And OPs claim is that it's hard for new players to catch up and will get even harder in the future.

Some of the top players saying "for me expert is easy" doesn't counter OPs point, it prooves it. Because for most people right noch expert is not doable.

For me personally it doesn't really matter, this isn't a direct competition (even if Kabam want's too seem like it), so I don't care if anybody has rank 5/50 bots for days.
  • Hi, everyone -

I really appreciate the OP taking the time to bring up their concern for us to see. It's important to hear from everyone in our game, top spenders or those who don't spend at all. This also goes for players of different levels. All of your opinions and thoughts are important to us, to our teams, and to our game.

Where I appreciate everyone stepping in to say something, please refrain from going towards an argumentive path. If we can't keep this discussion on the topic, it will be closed and currently, I do wish to hear more from everyone on this. Constructive feedback on the matter is super beneficial and appreciated.

Thanks again, gang.
  • I think with my current bots I possibly could explore expert if I'm honest and I'm not disputing the difficulty either I love that fact you brought harder content and great rewards with it I simply think adding a feature like having to explore heroic before expert would be beneficial in lower players realising they're not developed enough yet which in turn helps to realise unfortunately some people are just at a more skilled stage or in turn have a bigger wallet. We were all begginers once.
  • This proves nothing toughnut your a well known player for spending to finish things. You'd have had to spend a load on refills alone. Do it with the same I'm using n I'll be impressed. $ don't impress me skills do

You should join him for a week in am in OVPWR. And your thoughts will change abt him
  • Dircules wrote: »
    Troll. Toughnut is a wizard with his bots. Just happens that he is also in a position to put enough money into the game to get a droolworthy roster. But you don't stay in ovpwr long if you can't finish AM in 15 items or less at their difficulty.

That diff is 100÷)
  • uLtrashOck wrote: »
    This proves nothing toughnut your a well known player for spending to finish things. You'd have had to spend a load on refills alone. Do it with the same I'm using n I'll be impressed. $ don't impress me skills do

You should join him for a week in am in OVPWR. And your thoughts will change abt him

You still baffling on about it? I'll happily do that if he would like me to :)
  • I don’t really consider myself “strong” but I am close to another r3 4*. Question: what does that make me?
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited October 2017

They have a new difficulty with an entire t3 for completion, which is essentially (on easy paths) playing decently to stay alive for the bosses to throw everyone at, then if you have to slop it pay to slop or do some endless repetition... but the point being the new difficulty is achievable while still being a new difficulty for somebody with no r3 4*s yet. They added an entire alpha for 15k chips in raid and 2000 T3 shards for 35k (which certainly doesn't require a fully loaded roster) vs. I do not recall the amount... 4k? Was it, or only 2k? Even if 6 that was for a month long event? There is quite clearly GADS more levelling material, including for those trying to level their first rank 3s, or I'm not sure how I have 1.5 new t3s with zero 4*s in the last week. And I haven't even completed expert yet. Vs. 1 ever in the entire history of the game BEFORE the change, so I'm just going to have to point out that asserting there is less T3 than before is fairly insane. I could support maybe a statement that says "It would have been perfect if the chapter shards were still in there too", but any statement implying less T3 or other levelling material now (for anyone) is silly.
  • I have to apologize for complaining about the new i actually like them alot because on my days i work i can only do like 1 maybe 2 play throughs so i can only get bout 200 to 400k points but still getting decent rank with that like in crystal bounty with 240k points i got 400 4* shards, 1000 3* shards and whatever else it comes with so thats pretty decent being that theyre only 1 day. Cant complain bout that at all
  • Meant to say new arena above
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Just some 2 cents, everyone crying that only the top players can do this and blah blah blah it costs so much money you can’t, we’ll guess what, those top players already spend a ton of money to be in a position to be able to do these events free, you can’t complain that someone has a better chance if you don’t put the same assets in. You guys say you can’t even get a r3 bot, they put a whole t3 in the raid store for doing something everyone can, RAIDING.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited October 2017
    Everyone needs to stop and realize, OP included, that a lot of the older players have been here since launch day(like myself) or beta launch(like Toughnut and many others). What this translates out to is that new players will NEVER catch the old players simply due to the kind of game this is. Even while the newer players are grinding hard, SO ARE WE. New content is going to be added and it is going to get harder and harder as time progresses. Power creep is just that. It's for the veterans that this content is added. NOT new players. NOT mid tier players(a skilled mid tier could).

As such. Weak players don't stay weak. There have been a few ways to acquire T1 alpha for awhile. T3 basic is now getting out there too more but it's still a grind. Here's the thing tho. If you need T3B, then there are several ways to acquire it. And getting that first 1 is always going to be the hardest but if you don't need it, then YES, it is going to be out of your reach until you're ready.

All the while, the top players are STILL going to playing and grinding and advancing.
  • Your correct it could be. It's not but hay-ho. I'm sure my alliance could vouch for me as much as you do for your friend. And as I said before in this thread there's no insult intended to him. But I feel your insult was very intended towards me. As for being one of the best players in game I hardly think that's your call to make unless I'm mistaken and you know every player in the game? That would impress me for sure

I have been in the same alliance as nut since April. He does have skills. Second player in the game to complete ROK and with 3-Star bots. You sound like you have some skills. Teammates can testify to your skills if you are playing a D level in AM that your roster is overqualified for. Why not apply to OVP and show them what you got? Lol
  • You still going on about it lmao no one is playing level I play a high level but enjoy playing with the alliance I'm with since I started this game. Anybody can do ROK With 3stars if they pay big to do it. Now leave it alone the debate finished days a go lmao
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    This some good reading for the bathroom y’all are a trip man.
  • You still going on about it lmao no one is playing level I play a high level but enjoy playing with the alliance I'm with since I started this game. Anybody can do ROK With 3stars if they pay big to do it. Now leave it alone the debate finished days a go lmao

I just saw your comment and thought I’d add a reply. Not going on about it as I’m hardly here anyway. Anybody can do it with money, and you are right. It’s a matter of choice. Enjoy your level.
  • My level is just fine brother I completed last knight challenge and expert spotlight with no spend so maybe those need to spend ain't that good after all
  • Man this discussion still going started it a while ago lol
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    just play what your level is at.. if you're ready for more challenge then apply for a higher difficulty alliance doing higher level AM..

spend more, grind more, and improve your skills at the same time.. that's how you will upgrade even faster. Else don't throw your rage at others who are way ahead of you.

i'm doing difficulty 70+ and most members in my alliance try not to spend energon on potions when we can. Instead we focus on the best masteries and improving our skills to beat AM using less P2W methods as much as possible. I only have rank 3 4*s btw. Teamwork is also crucial else with rank 3 4*s a team will even struggle at difficulty 50-60 - trust me been there done that. Choose a good alliance - contribute and don't complain (only bring it up to leaders when a player isn't pulling their weight in AM).. stick till the end and you'll be rewarded.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    O.K so I have to say with the new arena system and everything the rewards are way more evenly spread out then before. So my impression is they tried to address this problem, how successful we will see, but it's a step in the right direction.
  • Why not make a scaling system...As your bots or alliance get stronger, everything gets harder...

Your weak alliance still has a chance to get the same rewards as a strong alliance, only difference is it is made easier for them, and the strong alliance now has to battle harder to get the rewards and cannot partake in the rewards that weaker alliances get...or same with arena...?

OR would that be too much to logistically work out?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Am gets significantly harder at the top even if your bots get stronger... even an r5 bot is almost tripled in pi by opposing bots... so difficulty getting harder is pretty much already in place
  • Hey guys, let's get back into the topic, OK?
    As I saw, the game is more benefits the high level players and really discourage the low leveled players to advance. Why we not stop talking about OP player and RoK but talking about how the game make low leveled players advance into a high leveled players? So the game would survive longer? I'm myself are not too high leveled player to be honest, I only have 2 Rank 3 4 Stars and much maxed out 3 stars. So doing this would make the game better, because which game only wanted to have high level players but no newbies?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Hey guys, let's get back into the topic, OK?
    As I saw, the game is more benefits the high level players and really discourage the low leveled players to advance. Why we not stop talking about OP player and RoK but talking about how the game make low leveled players advance into a high leveled players? So the game would survive longer? I'm myself are not too high leveled player to be honest, I only have 2 Rank 3 4 Stars and much maxed out 3 stars. So doing this would make the game better, because which game only wanted to have high level players but no newbies?

Doing this would make the game worse. The high level players got there because they spent lots of money.

If newer players could just easily catch up by getting tons of easy resources for free, then players would stop spending money to stay at the top.

As it stands, there are now plenty of ways to earn the resources you need to progress, but don't expect to just have a full squad of 5x r4 4* bots overnight.

I'm in the #2/3 ranked alliance in AM. I only have 2 r4 4* bots and I've been playing since March.

It takes a lonnnng time man. You need skill, patience and perseverance... Or money.

I prefer patience and a little bit of spending.
  • KatsisKatsis Posts: 3
    Agreed to the op’s main idea hence my first ever comment in this forum. I thought of quitting the game cause I got stuck with 4star bots maxed at r3. There is no real chance for me to gain T2, not even a piece of it, considering the difficulty.
    I don’t really consider myself “strong” but I am close to another r3 4*. Question: what does that make me?

Beginners and people like me who play for months will be stuck at this point and eventually quit cause we don’t afford to pay for a slight chance to earn the items we need. T3 spark can be acquired with considerable efforts but T2 alpha...

If the admin sees this which I assume he already acknowledges of what’s going on I suggest there will be a real change to this. Otherwise people will quit and this is a fact.