Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bonecrusher too strong, needs nerfing

When fighting bonecrusher with a lesser level / ranked bot they always loose. I’ve been fighting, not taking hits from Bonecrusher, his block / Bleed do to much damage.
What’s the point in having a 2* fighting against a 3* or 4* Bonecrusher and no matter the situation I will lose, because of the bleed damage in inflict on myself. This is pointless, it’s not even a challenge, it just suicide and stupid.

Echo-5

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I used to think the same thing.

Try using a demo bot against him. They don't Crit except for on specials, and most demo specials are ranged.

Aside from that, mv1 or duped grimlock.

Remember, bleed and all other DoT abilities are based on how much damage base melees will do to the bot you are using. So, if you're using a significantly weaker bot vs BC, you're gonna take significantly more damage from his bleeds.

Demo bot. Try it.
  • Motormaster never takes a bleed for me
  • Iron hide rips through him very well as does ramjet but as manthro said mv1 or gridlock are top choices
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Mv1 Optimus prime is the ultimate Bone"Crusher" (bad pun)

Like Manthro suggested, demos are good substitutes as most of them never crit melee attacks. Galvatron being the main exception. Bots with ranged heavy attacks help keep that needed distance from him.
  • Once you get up to max am difficulty mv1 isn't good enough imo. Like others said IH, meg or ramjet. If you use wasp or mix they crit on auto attacks.
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    So what you are saying is that you can only use specific bots when fighting BC? What if you're doing arena or raid and one of your three bots isn't MV1? I nearly lost my Bumblebee against Bonecrusher without taking a single hit, and the PI was comparable. I think this is just cheap, and a way to force players to use repairs.
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    edited October 2017
    Double post because of laggy Internet.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Bee crits a lot that’s just poor choice in who to use, they gave you all the options of who you can fight with
  • I hv a 4str rnk4 Bonecrusher. Forget abt nerf i think he needs a bleed buff
    xJamesss wrote: »
    in arena you dont have a choice lots of times and you get bleed out

So then win the other 2/3
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    in arena you dont have a choice lots of times and you get bleed out
    You still have the choice to:
    1. do better in the other 2 fights. And you have 2 chances in each fight considering the lame "pause and force close" trick. I once escape the death sentence from IH's S3 and beat him in our rematch.
    2. use 5 energon to refresh. But risk of facing BC again.

Luckily I never came across a team of 2 BC's, that can be a death trap.

Anyway, BC is special and contributes to the bot-diversity in this game. He can't be fought with your eyes shut, you need to know the trick and that makes for the fun part of the already finger-wearing game.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Or just learn to use what you got and stop whining. Bonecrusher is a frightening bot to face when you don’t know how to fight him. Takes time and practice to beat BC, and nerfing him would only harm your fighting ability.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    well its kinda stupid when 1 bot is death sentance for most bots

Death sentence? Hardly. MV1 heals itself against it, Grimlock care less about the Bleed, most bots with fast but low-crit melee can pressure it into submission and demo / range bots kills it without even losing a drip of energon...

As some already said, choose the right bot against it and it is just as hard as any other bots...
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    edited October 2017
    Since all this October stuff has come out, probably half of my arena matches are made up of a 4 star bot and his 3 star version too, and then some random bot thrown in. I've had a ton of fights with two Bonecrushers, or two Ironhides, or Bayformers Prime. Its ridiculous how much its happening now. And if its not that, its often all 3 enemies are the same type (demo, warrior, etc.).

I absolutely hated Bonecrusher, and came close more than once to rage-quitting because of him. But like the others say, learn how to fight him and you'll be fine. Some matches you win, some you lose, no matter what you do.

• 1)Dude, Bonecrusher is the Master of Bleeds. I always use MV1, because i know he will destroy Bonecrusher. Most any other bot besides him will get rekt.

2)You are using TWO star bots to take out THREE star and FOUR star bots. That pretty mich sums it up right there.
    Echo_5 wrote: »
    When fighting bonecrusher with a lesser level / ranked bot they always loose. I’ve been fighting, not taking hits from Bonecrusher, his block / Bleed do to much damage.
    What’s the point in having a 2* fighting against a 3* or 4* Bonecrusher and no matter the situation I will lose, because of the bleed damage in inflict on myself. This is pointless, it’s not even a challenge, it just suicide and stupid.

Echo-5

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Bonecrusher should kind of be like the Dark Knight class in Final Fantasy XI, they have high damage output but have very low defense so the class bleeds out enemies and even have some HP absorb skills.

The high damage done from Bones' blood spikes should be compensated by nerfing his defense, the devs should give him lower or weaker armor, and maybe change up slightly his signature allowing critical hits to have a 25% chance to absorb a percentage of energon from opponents. Just a thought.
  • Echo_5Echo_5 Posts: 33
    The point is if I want a challenge, I like to use a 2*bot.
    The point is, I never take a hit but still die from my attacking him.
    If you ever played MCOC, you see 2*champs take down 20k level champs in ROL.
    I should be similar here. yn3px1b3izp9.jpeg
    Mcoc has electro same concept your not suppose to be able to beat certain bots with a 2* bot for funsies, and to the above bc already has really crap defense rating he gets mowed down by an appropriate level brawler in nothing flat
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Part of the game is collecting a roster, understanding each bot’s strengths and weaknesses, and strategizing to win. “I took zero hits” doesn’t count as playing well against BC or Rhinox. You also have to play around their defensive ability. It’s possible to beat BC with A weaker Bee, but you have to use exclusively ranged and heavy attacks. It’s better to avoid bots that do lots of crits or high numbers of attacks, or that have low HP
  • StealthmodeStealthmode Posts: 218
    edited October 2017
    Dude, BC can take out bots without a single hit. His bleed stacks are so enormous, especially if you pair him with the right mod. Enough to take out most any 2* bot. So, like what @Mustangjon and @Trailfire said, some bots just arent capable enough to take him out. @Echo_5
  • You're not gonna want this nerfing when you grab a 4* bc. He's just one of the games best bots. But a good brawler can stop him, and you will be happy when you score him.
  • Mv1 is the only answer for a strong bonecrusher so far unfortunately. Hopefully they come out with another bot that can gain health from bleeds or bleed immune would be even better
    Mv1 is the only answer for a strong bonecrusher so far unfortunately. Hopefully they come out with another bot that can gain health from bleeds or bleed immune would be even better

There is... his name is grimlock
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    Mv1 is the only answer for a strong bonecrusher so far unfortunately. Hopefully they come out with another bot that can gain health from bleeds or bleed immune would be even better

There is... his name is grimlock

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Correction.. MV1 and Grimlock are the only bots made to combat high level BC if you aren't good at avoiding melee damage.

If you are good at avoiding melee damage, Megatron, IH, and most demo bots do the job as well if not better than brawlers.
  • Duped mv1 is best bet against bonecrusher or a bot equipped with harm accelerator as mv1 regens hp every hit you land while bleeding
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Duped mv1 is best bet against bonecrusher or a bot equipped with harm accelerator as mv1 regens hp every hit you land while bleeding
    The reason MV1 is so good is also because he can only have 1 stack of bleed on him negating BC sig ability and you can freely hit him. This is more valuable than healing on hits which is nice as well :)
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    This might not count as a ‘strong’ BC, but it at least demonstrates you can take him down effectively with one of the most crit intensive bots, with maximum crit Masteries, while taking next to zero damage even though the BC is slightly stronger than the Bludgeon.

I’ve done the same with Bee and Arcee at half BC rating but don’t have a SS handy

5sx8tf5bjryw.png
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Nothing more amusing than people whining about something they can't achieve without getting it handed to them on silver platter . Then Kabam will cave in because most of the whiners are paying cash. Those of us who are really trying to improve will get Kabbamed and it will continue to be like this. My response to you, like many others here is TOUGH IT OUT. Wanna cry about not beating a 3* BC with a 2* bot? Then GET ANOTHER 3* OR 4* bot.

Unbelievable...

TOP DEFINITION
    Kabamed
    When something you love is unfairly taken away because of someone else. Based off of the game company Kabam.
    Guy 1: So you can't use the computer anymore because your brother was caught watching pron?

Guy 2: Yeah, my parents totally Kabamed me.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    And I'm pretty sure that with my comment I hurt a bunch of people's fragile feelings and I will just get silenced again.