Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Sorry herbal but manthro is leagues ahead of you. Searching up both your in game profiles it’s obvious who’s the part time player.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So after the first 2 arenas, I'd say I'm not.at.all satisfied. 10 crystals gives me less than 20k gold and 20+ energons. It's time consuming to break the 15~20 streak (have to wait for 20+ wins to use those r1 4*'s). And when the arena, the am and the raid items all reset at 2000 hours, it ruins my family time.

I'll give up the next bounty for a change.
  • Options
    JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    This October update is beneficial to me because with the same investment of time I get more guaranteed rewards. Good work Kabam, keep changing for the better!
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    XBOXELITE wrote: »
    I bet it's harder to get the bots like it's always been ever time it's always harder to get the bot u like from raids that are 3* bots besides the 2*bots the last raid I play was the 2*-3*Shockwave I calculated it it would take forever to get a 3*bot that costs 10k and now there's 4*bots I bet no one is going to get a chance on the 4*s basically tells me we aren't getting a better amount of chance to get the bot. Yeah I like what's coming up on October 5th but I bet I might only get the 3*bots only :( it's hard and it seems it's getting harder the only people I think that will be able to get them is YouTubers they always gets better stuff than us lower class people :(

i feel the same
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I haven't seen this commented on (perhaps I missed it) but the drop in price on featured bot crystals is really nice. I guess that makes up for part of the lost energon from the arenas.
  • Options
    If you earned to equivalent arena crystals I'd be all for the change
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    Smokesalot wrote: »
    Same here HerbalDragon. I was getting at least 40k chips a day if not more. Now i get bs for all the time i play.

40 arena crystals worth of chips a day? Highly doubt that. If this was the case you'd be top 5 in every single arena, 4* and 3*.

40 arena crystals worth of chips per arena? Maybe.. sounds more plausible.

Remember, we have an arena each day now. So math your rewards over the course of an entire week, not per arena. How many arenas had arena chips in the old system? 3 or 4? I know one did not.

You get arena crystal payouts every day... 7 times in the new system, and if you finish top tier in all of them, it's actually something like 120 arena crystals a week, maybe more.

You're gonna find the payouts are much closer than you think they are, if not better.

yeah, you dont play enough, you clearly dont play nearly what some of us do yeah we dont have lives and yes 40 arena crystal a day is easy and dont forget the quest to get them as well i know it can be done and honestly 40 is a lazy day for me, k you dont put in nearly the time we do if you honestly think saying 40 a day isnt realistic. 120 a weekk isn't crap comparrd to what i have done. you have NOT done the math or you have a severly low number of bots. i have 47 bots 19 are 3 star and 3 are gold star, the rest are 1 and 2 star, you do the math cause i dont have to, i can tell you 120 a week is pathetic an 40-50+ a day is possible -_-and no that is not top 5 for arena.sob your post is so much BS you just picked some numbers out of the air. hey KABAM get in here and set the part time player straight please. i get top 50 more often than not but top 5? no

MmmmHmmm.

How about you go ahead and take a peek at my profile in-game, son.

See if you can manage to take your foot out of your mouth afterwards.

Anyone claiming 40 arena crystals a day is "easy" has pants ablaze. There is nothing easy about 40 crystals a day, whether you are actually earning them or just talking trash.

If you had the energon to make 40 arena crystals a day and you only have 3 4* bots... You're doing it very, very wrong.

Spend your energon on the right stuff, because you can't get 40 crystals a day for free and they would be better served improving your roster.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    It's pretty easy to get.

Some people don't care about getting a high win streak. After 3x multiplier it's the same points. So if someone kept rebuilding their multiplier instead of going for a high streak they'd get lots of crystals.

Building a multiplier is 1.5 crystals. You can do that every hour with 1 star bots.

If you have 21 two star bots (7 series) you can earn 2.1 crystals per 2 hours.

Say you have an equal number of 3* bots.

In 6 hours you can earn 19 crystals just from 1*-3* bots. Factor in cooldowns and you can earn significantly more with 1* and 2* bots.

And this is the problem with rank rewards, it doesn't factor in at all the battles people do to build the multiplier or rebuild when a streak is broken.

If you go for a high streak, more than half your roster is wasted because you can't use them past 15 wins. People that are only going for milestone rewards are quite happy to break their streak and rebuild because a top 50 point score doesn't matter.

It's a different play style with a different goal, both are valid, but one is heavily punished in the new system.

Not sure what Nick is talking about, I also looked up both in game and their arena wins are very similar.
  • Options
    Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    I was referring to their top bots not so much there arena wins.
  • Options
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I was referring to their top bots not so much there arena wins.

Not sure why you'd refer to that in a discussion about arena, where farming crystals is about quantity and top bots has no bearing.

He's obviously not a part time player. Neither of them are, they just play differently.

I think it was a bit unfair to put Herbal down, he has a valid point with 7000 arena wins to back it up. Yes, he could have punctuated better and been a bit calmer, but it doesn't diminish the point.

The new arena crystal rank rewards don't factor rebuilding multipliers and severely punishes those that do.

I know how to break past 15 wins, I know the easiest way to do it, but I don't bother and choose to break my own streak and start again.

There are several reasons.

1. I know how much time I have (or don't have) and want to auto.
    2. The AI gets annoying at high streaks. I don't lose to them but it's just simply not fun to play.
    3. I want to use all my bots.
    4. I'm focusing on milestones only.
    5. 24 hrs is too short to build a meaningful streak past 15, many bots can't be used and it's offset by the points lost by not using them.

People like myself, people like herbal, people that aren't trying for top 50, people who just want the milestones, I dare say the majority of people, could play in a way that earns them far more arena crystals than what the new rank rewards offer.

2,3,4 even 5 times more than what is currently offered. We've been low balled and hard capped at such a low amount, it's understandable why he's upset. It's frustrating for me also.
  • Options
    This is true I always played only for milestones but did not rebuild my streak simply to hit the last milestone asap as arena is grinding yes nut used to be very rewarding with milestones plus a low to mid rank reward. Gold is the problem and arena was the best place to earn it. Giving us a little extra in winning a series doesn't make up for the loss of bigger gold earnings in arena crystals.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    I completely agree with Terminal. Now with the new system, I'm force to win the 15 streak. It's even more dangerous on the 16-20th battle as I have to put at least a 3* team of raw PI 3300+ (raw=no synergy and no mastery boost, just plain sum of the PI) to fight for the 16 to 20th battles. All the other bots are useless until after 20, where you can use 3* and r1 4*s. But all those 2*'s are wasted. I use to break the streak once I hit the final milestone and farm for gold. Now I simply can't. 10 crystals a day and I'm on the verge of starvation.

Geez, may those 1-day Arena go to trash and bring back the Featured bot Arenas, where presumably we'll have milestones and the 3*/4* split.
  • Options
    Everything is great about the the new arena just
    Make some adjustments to everyday energon and gold according to previous arena.

Can’t farm any Energon @kabam mike
    Pls do something about it atleast do something that we can earn weekly 350+ as we used to in old arena thanx

All good otherwise
  • Options
    Sad to say im one of those people with no lifes, this new arena changed bones me hard, i made 30-50 arena crystals in a day, so i guess good for those who dont put the time in. but the rewards dont compare to what i could earn before in gold and energon.

It's not great for casual players either because we don't have any guaranteed milestones to aim for.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    @Kabam Miike I'm fine with the rank rewards, I indeed have misjudged then since I can get 1950 shards per week from just getting 3-10%, however what is not alright is the fact that arena shards are gone.. The crystals you get from ranks are just not good enough.. 15 for 1-5? Come on.. This is bad comedy.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited October 2017
    Android user here.. the lag also hits me randomly sometimes. /shrugs
    also random crashes aside overall i do like the adjustments to raid store, and love the spotlight missions.
    as for alliance mission still adjusting to the new start time. alliance teammates seems to do ok so far..
    i almost never do arena these days due to work commitments so no comments on that lol
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    @Kabam Miike wow, so they made the arena crystal rewards worse with the new rank system, not better. Now unless we rank in the top 7% the most we can hope to get is 5 arena crystals. Under the old system just about anyone could get 10 arena crystals by ranking in the top 75%. How did this help anything at all? You have made a flawed redesign of the rewards even worse than than before. Exactly how did they come up with these numbers to begin with. Why are the arena crystals capped out at fifteen? Where did this number come from? Why limit it to only 10 people? What is the purpose of cutting my adverage income of arena crystals from 70 a week under the old system, to an adverage of 35 under the new? All these questions Miike, and I am not hopeful to read an answer that will address all my questions in a meaningful way.
  • Options
    So the new rank rewards give even less arena crystals than before. Just amazing Kabam.

Not just less crystals but less everything.

12 pages of complaints and still not listening.

Seriously making it really difficult not to quit the game.

Just when you think the worst is over they somehow find a way to make it worse.

"People are complaining about not enough arena crystals"

"I know, let's give them even less arena crystals and turn 90% of rank rewards into a joke!"

You guys need to bring back milestones, for real. This is not fun.

More than 7% could unlock milestones before, stop taking things away.

When I stopped exactly on 650k (all milestones) in the old 2 crystal bounty my rank was 11-20%.

If the next crystal bounty has been pushed up like today's arena then I might be done with this game.

I've never seen such thoughtless design.
  • Options
    WarCat wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike wow, so they made the arena crystal rewards worse with the new rank system, not better. Now unless we rank in the top 7% the most we can hope to get is 5 arena crystals. Under the old system just about anyone could get 10 arena crystals by ranking in the top 75%. How did this help anything at all? You have made a flawed redesign of the rewards even worse than than before. Exactly how did they come up with these numbers to begin with. Why are the arena crystals capped out at fifteen? Where did this number come from? Why limit it to only 10 people? What is the purpose of cutting my adverage income of arena crystals from 70 a week under the old system, to an adverage of 35 under the new? All these questions Miike, and I am not hopeful to read an answer that will address all my questions in a meaningful way.

Hate to say I told everyone so... But... I mentioned this potential arena crystal problem with the new brackets.

All they need to do is keep the arena crystal payouts the same across the former brackets (3-10, 11-20, etc.) While adjusting the feature arena prizes across the smaller brackets.

This way they don't hamper gold earnings as severely
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Plain and simple fact...

Keep running without AM donations and virtually all the complaining about gold stops except for the super hardcore players with 2* bots.
  • Options
    You guys need a chill pill lol… i honestly dont mind the arena changes… you are able to get arena crystals through playing them, and through alliance event milestones.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    You guys need a chill pill lol… i honestly dont mind the arena changes… you are able to get arena crystals through playing them, and through alliance event milestones.

You realise they just nerfed them yeah?

20% rank reward, and crystals, have been changed to 7% rank reward.

Removing AM gold costs would be great. It's confusing like arena chips, not to mention donations and trying to organise all of that... lets just simplify everything.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Wow. Way to take the feedback and make the rank rewards worse. Unreal.
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    I dont really get the new arena system how do people get the top rank
  • Options
    AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I think the rewards are great and dnt know why everyone is crying about them. Keep up the good work kabam!
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    I think the rewards are great and dnt know why everyone is crying about them. Keep up the good work kabam!

Double check the latest day arena, they just nerfed the rewards. the 20% rank reward is now the 7% rank reward.

The rewards are not great now.
  • Options
    can we increase the arena crystals?? @kabam running out of gold sooner than expected
  • Options
    Terminal wrote: »
    Anubis wrote: »

Double check the latest day arena, they just nerfed the rewards. the 20% rank reward is now the 7% rank reward.

The rewards are not great now.

Terminal he's obviously a troll a dim minded mooring could see instead of fixing it they're making it worse even after they messed it up once
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    So I’m gong to take the silence as Kabam’s way of saying, nope we aren’t going to fix the problem we created. Go spend more money on energon so you can buy more gold crystals. The point of this game is to make us money, not give you the customer an enjoyable experience. Now go away before we strip the gold out of everything else, and increase the gold costs for everything at the same time!
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Can make money and be fair to players.