Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Hahaha these arena crystal payouts are pathetic.

They actually expect us to believe they are rewarding us more? How stupid do they think the players are?
  • @Kabam Miike
    Thanx guys the new changes are do awesome.
    No more complaints from me .
    Just a little req if you guys can make 1 day in month with offers free upgrades then no need of money.

Or least a day when the upgrade cost you half price . Because not getting any energon from anywhere and gaining lower gold from arena even lasting 1-2%
  • Terminal wrote: »
    So the new rank rewards give even less arena crystals than before. Just amazing Kabam.

Not just less crystals but less everything.

12 pages of complaints and still not listening.

Seriously making it really difficult not to quit the game.

Just when you think the worst is over they somehow find a way to make it worse.

"People are complaining about not enough arena crystals"

"I know, let's give them even less arena crystals and turn 90% of rank rewards into a joke!"

You guys need to bring back milestones, for real. This is not fun.

More than 7% could unlock milestones before, stop taking things away.

When I stopped exactly on 650k (all milestones) in the old 2 crystal bounty my rank was 11-20%.

If the next crystal bounty has been pushed up like today's arena then I might be done with this game.

I've never seen such thoughtless design.

I think you misread the post on this. We said that this is the first step we have to take before we can look at the ranks and Gold rewards. We didn't say that this would fix the problem.

Additionally, there are not 12 pages of complaints. This thread has been around a lot longer than from when we announced the Arena changes, and if you take a look at the posts even just since then, there are a lot of mixed opinions. There are lots of people that like the new system as well.

We are not done here. We have said many times that we will continue to watch the arenas, and if we need to make changes, we will. This can't be done quickly, and we need time and data. There hasn't even been one complete week of Arenas for us to look at yet, so we can't make any informed decisions at this time.
  • I would consider myself a mid-range player, not a casual player, nor an hours and hours a day player, or a big spender player. I do play quite a bit, and do spend some money on the game, which is why I classified myself as mid-range.

I was actually on board with the new arenas until the latest change. For the first few days of daily arena, with having no idea where I would end up, I played a little more then I did in the old arena. Putting up an average of about 350k points per day or so, which is more then I did per day in the old arena due to amount of time needed.

That 300k-400k range I was doing put me in the 3-10% range in my region, which while it was less gold then I used to make it was a least a comparable reward to the milestones. In the old arenas I would usually only get the 2nd to last milestone. I did speed extra time on the old crystal arena to at least get the last milestone every time.

I just got the results for the first day of the new smaller percentages breakdown. I put in a little over 400k just to see where I would end up. I got the 8-10% reward with only 1000 tier 1 alpha shards and 5 arena crystals ( which I cashed in and got only 8k gold which is another complaint but for another post)

Just a day sooner before the latest changes that same amount would have me the 3-10% reward which if the pattern held would have been 1500 tier 2 alpha shards, 5000 tier 1 alpha shards, and 10 arena chips (going by this number since the 3-10% was the level that gave 10 arena chips in the previous 24 hour arenas)

@Kabam Miike

You stated: "
    wrote:
    When we made these changes, we only set out to simplify the Arenas. We’re not intending to reduce the rewards that you all receive for the amount of effort that you put in. This was never the plan.

That is what has happened. I am actually getting less rewards for more effort.

You also stated:
    wrote:
    Currently, there are not enough Rank Ranges in the top end for our system to work appropriately, and we cannot make more fine tuned adjustments unless we split these ranks down further, and separate more sought after materials into appropriate ranks for them.

If you have to that I think you went to far. In the first round of 24hr arenas between 3-20% there were two rank levels. Now with the latest changes you have six levels in that same zone. You tripled the dilution which is way to much. Why not three or four levels between 3-20%? Six levels is overboard

Just my thoughts on this update.

• WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    While we wait for more eval the gold continues to dry up. While I guess there could be a disagreement on whether you could change gold rewards right away there was no reason to change rank brackets and lessen rewards . Having us wait and wait just to even get comparable rewards (alliance chips/crystals) is very very very frustrating.

Bring back milestones and remove rank rewards imo.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited October 2017
    Simple fix. Bring back the 300 arena chip bonus for winning. Keep the crystals in the milestones.

This rewards or gives "the feeling" of being rewarded for grinding. At the same time things are still in a fairly good balance.

If you want new players to feel appricieated or allow them to catch up. Have a different bracket for "new people". Keep the same rewards for them, or close to it.

Reason this might not work - player population.

You can do rank reward system like you did at launch and then when it picks up, change it to percentage. (For the noob bracket only)

Feel free to hit me with criticisms or questions.
  • Kr_DCKr_DC Posts: 15
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Simple fix. Bring back the 300 arena chip bonus for winning. Keep the crystals in the milestones.

I agree. Bring back the arena chip bonus.. In the past I put in effort for both 1-2* and 3-4* arena just for arena chips.. I do not mind the new 1 day arena (Can still finish in 1-2%). However, the lack of arena chip bonus for both gold and energon is rather demoralising..
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited October 2017
    Terminal wrote: »

I think you misread the post on this. We said that this is the first step we have to take before we can look at the ranks and Gold rewards. We didn't say that this would fix the problem.

We are not done here. We have said many times that we will continue to watch the arenas, and if we need to make changes, we will. This can't be done quickly, and we need time and data. There hasn't even been one complete week of Arenas for us to look at yet, so we can't make any informed decisions at this time.

Let's test my reading skills.
    We didn't say that this would fix the problem.
    You admit there's a problem.
    We’re not intending to reduce the rewards that you all receive for the amount of effort that you put in. This was never the plan.

All the arena crystal rank rewards were just reduced with the 2nd version of the daily rank system... you don't want to take away.. are you saying the first version of arena crystals in rank rewards was giving too much? The overwhelming response has been that we're getting less arena crystals than before so why reduce it even further?
    This can't be done quickly, and we need time and data.
    While we were looking into the results of the T3 Basic Arena, we realized that we need to make some adjustments to the ranges for Rank Rewards.

Can't be done quickly, yet a gigantic change based on the first arena's data. So if the feeling is players are getting too much we can move with lightning speed to kill it, if players aren't getting enough we're happy to let them sit and suffer.

Also, it's actually pretty simple to calculate, 650k in the 2 day crystal bounty gave 11-20% rank reward (closer to 11%) so either 11-13% or 14-16% should give full milestones worth of rewards and equivalent arena crystals, not 5-7%.
    We've been hard at work comparing the amount of time that Commanders spend in Arenas, and the amount of battles they complete to get Arena Crystals, and have translated that into full crystals

It takes a few minutes to compare. Build multiplier to x3 = 1.5 crystals. Let's say they have max 3*, they can get 30k (ish) points per series after that (maybe they have a bunch of 4* but that isn't average). So lets drop the 650 down to say x12 wins = 360k points for one day. So we have 17 series wins which is 5-6 crystals.

If we look at 11-13% we actually have 5 crystals. Wow, that looks good right? Wrong. Why? because not everyone will/can push over the 15 win and 20 win 'hump'. Things get harder the higher the streak goes and not everyone wants to deal with harder bots for no extra reward. x3 is x3 whether at 5 wins or 100 wins. So if they break their multiplier once while going for 360k points they would have had 7-8 crystals instead. Remember, these are people interested in milestones, not top rank.

These calculations don't even factor people that might use their 2* bots for points or building win streak to 15.

These calculations also don't factor at all the bonus arena chips that were in milestones.

Therefore, 5 arena crystals for 11-13% is too low.

Even more bizarre is how 8-10% has the same arena crystals as 11-13%.
    We’re not intending to reduce the rewards that you all receive for the amount of effort that you put in. This was never the plan.

The old system, 11-13% of the population gained all of the crystal bounty milestones for a set amount of calculated effort. The new system only 5-7% gain all the milestones, for an unspecified and incalculable amount of work, shooting in the dark and hoping they get it.

Lower percent means a higher score, which means more effort for the same rewards.

Time for a new plan?

Well, that's a bit skewed because... for the same amount of effort for one 2 day crystal arena (I'd have to see old brackets but I believe it was indeed 11-20 bracket, maybe 3-10) you got pants for rank reward and your efforts only got you max 1.2k 4* shards, whereas over 3 days same amount of playtime got me 1-2 bracket twice and a bracket lower the third time for 2.4k shards... double the shards for same effort. I can see the milestones argument for crystal in particular, but there's no doubt that the older way didn't reward near as much potentially. Getting 11-20, which should be easy (just pretend you are still hitting the same old milestone mark) would still give you some more shards over 3 days vs the old rank rewards. And that's not considering that that is also in addition to much more 3* and premium shards than previously. So in many regards the crystal arena is much much better. For a comparison to MCOC, you can now get just over a 4* bot every week like MCOC where you couldn't at all before without rank 1-5 (although I don't think they run crystal arenas every week, but other than that....) for about the same effort as playing for a not highly desired 4* basic, only here it isn't in the form of an arena dupe it's in the form of a full strength albeit random 4*. In THIS regard, the crystal bounty redone is amazing.

Regarding specifically arena crystals, I'm making out fine although this is admittedly probably top loaded. I don't really think the milestone rewards mattered nearly as much as the per fight rewards though. If you were fighting with fleets of 2* you probably weren't making the milestones in nearly as few of fights. The milestones themselves, well... I could hit all milestones with four rotations (so spread over 2-3 days, I mean... that's fighting with everybody less than two times a day). It was never the milestones that mattered so much as the fact that I was constantly fighting for 3 days anyway that made the biggest difference in cash flow. And... getting 10-13 arena crystals daily plus another 1 or 2 from other rewards every day, I really can't tell a difference (I really can't because it's 1 day income trying to compare from memory x3, seems really similar), but I can certainly imagine that if you have to constantly fight just to reach what used to be a milestone mark and there is no per fight reward.... yeah that would be much less income. Much of the arena gain, if you were fighting constantly, involved constantly doing missions while constantly fighting for 3 days. I can still do this, I haven't paid rigid attention but about another 10 crystals every 2 days, because every other arena pretty much I've been cashing in 10k arena chips. That shouldn't be confused with milestone rewards being emptier. I think the analysis of comparing brackets doesn't really highlight the actually noticeable loss, which likely isn't milestone loss. People who had to play like hell to get most of the milestones/barely finish all (so lots of fights) are probably feeling a severe monetary crunch, though MOST of this would have to do with no per fight reward. The upper end seems to function much as they intended.
  • If you boss in real life introduces a similar system in your salary (no regular wage and purely performance based)... Off point: I can guarantee that this doesn't exist even in China, LOL.

Actually lots of salespeople are compensated wholly on commission, but that's a lifestyle most people don't like or choose.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    Actually lots of salespeople are compensated wholly on commission, but that's a lifestyle most people don't like or choose.
    Even in that case, they have milestones I'm sure? They don't blindly accept a contract when they don't know the performance of other colleagues at all. Because if the rules are completely performance driven, why don't all the colleagues sit around a table and agree that each one sell exactly one penny? In that case we're all rank 1 and boom, there goes the reward!
  • JetfireJetfire Posts: 27
    Hey Mike, the arena rewards are off. I usually hit 1-2% with 46 streaks which is equivalent to 46 x 300 = 13,800 Arena chips..which is equivalent to 13 crystals. In the old Arena system there would be Arena chip frok milestones added on top of that and we also received arena chips per fight win which all adds up. Also we used to receive energon on these milestones that were not added to the rank rewards. We also used to receive 1 star crystals that weren't added in the rank rewards. This needs to be corrected because we are receiving less gold, energon and 0 1 star crystals.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Expanded prize brackets for featured arena rewards should not dilute the arena crystal portion of the prize layout.

The same number of crystals should be available for all the prize brackets between 3-10%, and all the brackets between 11-20%.

If you want to dilute the specific feature rewards of the arena, that's understandable.

It's obvious this hurts gold resources, and the support you had from the players (myself included) is vaporized with the new brackets.

It isn't rocket science, it is obvious there isn't nearly enough gold now. Quite frankly, it's insulting to be told "we aren't done yet, these things take time to adjust" when there was such an immediate and swift adjustment to the prize brackets with barely a week's worth of data.

Without the removal of alliance mission donations, or a massive rebalance of the cost/reward structure at the highest levels, the vast majority of players will no longer be able to save enough gold per week to meet minimum requirements in the newest prize bracket iteration.

This is basic math. It absolutely needs to be fixed before the start of this week's AM.

I strongly feel AM donations need to be eliminated permanently, and the existing treasuries equally divided amongst the current active members in alliances.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186

Additionally, there are not 12 pages of complaints. This thread has been around a lot longer than from when we announced the Arena changes, and if you take a look at the posts even just since then, there are a lot of mixed opinions. There are lots of people that like the new system as well.

Actually that's true, there is good & bad from this update. Most people in my alliance generally like the changes apart from a few issues that can be fixed / adjusted.

One more thing that I forgot to mention in my last update on the update:
    - Right now the arena cutoffs seem to be rather O.K. I think even if you are a fresh player it's reasonable that you will be able to catch up quickly. But this will change a lot over time due to increades roster sizes, or better rosters in general.

So the cutoffs will constantly rise (like on MCOC) even when the effort for the older players stays the same. I think that might be a high hurdle at some point for newer players, especially since there are no milestones anymore to catch up.

It sucks missing the "achievement" feeling. No milestones, no way to see where i currently stack up in ranking, and no rewards being earned per match. It sucks. Its really hard to motivate myself to do anything in these arenas beyond the bare minimum.
  • @kabam
    Its very sad to see the results percentage cap
    Introducing
    1-2% 13
    3-4% 10
    5-6%8
    And so on
    You now this is worth thing its like hell on gold X 2
    Boy this should be like

1-3% —22
    4-10%—18
    11-20%—16
    21-35%—10
    35-50%—8

Rest 50-10%—5

Alteast do this cause you wont believe that after playing continue 18hrs

I manage to rank 1-2% and got 13 arena crystal
    And if play continue for 12 hours like 3 rounds after bot recharge i only make it betweem 11-20%

But this ranking system is too tough to awards guus.
  • 5j90n78a0vuo.png

@Kabam Miike
    Bro see i just played one round this arena and surprisingly lasted in. 8-10%. Can you believe what would players feeling like.

And the last arena i played for like 14-16 hours to score 1M

on other hand playing so hard with 2 and 3 star bot and playing again and again 150 times yes mikey 150 times . So that they can earn so gold for upgrades for their real efforts

What i am trying to explain to you is those who are with maximum 4star and 3star and 2star.

That high end players, plays less time with more bots earns more rewards but little gold crystals now

Mid range player less bot more and more playing
    Earning lesser rewards as well now

Earlier

When old system was there even if we neglect the milestones
    The player use to earn 300 shards per fight,
    He only gets the shards from the number of times they play totally on his efforts and win streak

This way they won’t get demotivated if they do earn awrds atleast their hard efforts putting more time pays off.

It very bad to take away players hard effort on the basis of your laking data ranking system.

But if you guys want to compare the old and new results you have to think this way . Otherwise more complex confusion will keep coming from players.

I hope you getting my point.
  • Overall, the update is good except for the changes in Arena.

Arena was the primary source of Gold before, but now it isn't.
    Even if you keep pushing yourself in grinding a 24 hour Arena, you will be limited to the amount of Arena crystals you will get.
    The Arena chips rewarded per fight should still be given and not just a slight bump in Gold.

If you cannot put back the Arena chips, then consider putting up some milestones. This would benefit not just the heavy grinders but also those who can rarely play. If this is also not possible then last resort would be:

Increase rewards for the rankings, specially the Arena crystals.

@JatinderSingh how did you manage to have 0 as best streak and 1x as best multiplier?
  • @JatinderSingh how did you manage to have 0 as best streak and 1x as best multiplier?

that is how it shows after the arena is complete.
    edited October 2017
    DeePrime wrote: »
    @JatinderSingh how did you manage to have 0 as best streak and 1x as best multiplier?

Then it's a bug. "Final Stats" shouldn't be "Reset to zero stats".
    "Current PTS" can be as well changed to "Final PTS". @Kabam Miike

• DeePrime wrote: »

Then it's a bug. "Final Stats" shouldn't be "Reset to zero stats".
    "Current PTS" can be as well changed to "Final PTS". @Kabam Miike

Hmm could be a bug or I suppose when it ends it reset to zero
  • @JatinderSingh how did you manage to have 0 as best streak and 1x as best multiplier?

No I remember going 18 to 19 but they isn’t not showing here
  • JatinderSinghJatinderSingh Posts: 284
    edited October 2017
    zdnfcivh7aau.png

Hahahahahaha Couldn’t stop laughing when i saw the rewards
    Lol
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Top 5 of previous 3 day arena got ... The feature bot.

Ending up in top 10 for 3 days now gets you ... 4.5% of the feature bot.
    edited October 2017
    it's mad funny, I agree)
    Kabam, maybe stop testing?!)
    another day off pointless arena

7 days. It's going to be this arena every day until next week Thursday.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    It looks like we can no longer dupe 4* through arena and will have to purchase featured crystals now.
  • Galv bounty rewards are a joke. Top 10 reward is 1.5% of a 4*. Are you serious? Just for some quick math, if you get top 10 in every single galv bounty arena over the month, you'll get 52,500 chips total including milestones. Top 10, 14 times.

Was it bring your child to work day when you decided on this change? Did you miss a 0 off the end of the numbers? I honestly can't find the reason why the amounts are so pitifully low.
    The_53rd wrote: »
    Galv bounty rewards are a joke. Top 10 reward is 1.5% of a 4*. Are you serious? Just for some quick math, if you get top 10 in every single galv bounty arena over the month, you'll get 52,500 chips total including milestones. Top 10, 14 times.

Was it bring your child to work day when you decided on this change? Did you miss a 0 off the end of the numbers? I honestly can't find the reason why the amounts are so pitifully low.

Because it's not just the top 10 that gets chips now. 1-2% gets 80% of what top 10 gets. 3-4% also a little bit less, etc. Previously, only top 5 got the bot, the rest was out of luck (well, got nice 4* shards). It's a lot more leveled out now.

I don't really like it. But hitting 100k shards for the bot is not that difficult, and since we can't dupe through the store, I don't have a lot of f...s to give to this particular issue.

These arena rewards just keep getting worse. Ugh. Whats the freaking point of doing them now.