Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Consider reworking Ultra Magnus

I’ve seen no real bot balancing since updates to Mix and Arcee. IIRC UM’s specials did change but I think he can use some further tweaking to make him viable. I like him and since he has rare synergy with Prowl I’m trying him out. I see two major downfalls.

1 with Courage mastery his nullify loses impact because it just reactivates so without damage like Starscream it’s not as useful anymore.

2 since he can’t apply armor break to non armored enemies he should have some other minor utility with his specials.

Suggestions. He doesn’t hit hard so perhaps a chance for a minor non stacking burn on his heavy like SW. S1 has a chance to nullify any buff if there is no armor break. S2 has a chance to add one stack of burn on the missile strike. S3 left alone.

Since his Sig is not amazing I think this could balance him out.

Just some thoughts.

Tagged:

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree, UM is supposed to be a badass but in this game he's very forgettable.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    his awakened ability is weak too imo.. more could be done to make him viable.
    it could be that once he's awakened all his specials have a % chance to stun.. since his attacks are all pretty weak being a disabler would help him get more hits in.

He wields a huge hammer. Hence why stunning is a logical ability. his present awakened ability could still be as it is. just add the stun effect to it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I sort of agree... Because his Sig is kinda lame.

But then again...

kgprhodfmtca.gif
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    I agree. I think all the "nullify" effects should come with some punishment, like DoT, or stop this buff to be reactivated for a while.
    And make his hammer randomly proc armor break on anybody like OG Prime does.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    This has been in the back of my mind for some time so I'm glad it's getting voiced here finally.

I agree, he's a great bot in the Transformers universe, but in-game he's mediocre at best. I like a lot of the suggestions made here and agree that they don't need to be big ones; just something to make him a little more useful than the bot who you hand the keys to base to while you're making an energon run at the Kaon convenience store. The wording on his sig could also be made a little more clear so there's no confusion about how he operates in certain parts of the game.
  • Hey gang!

Thanks for the feedback on Ultra Magnus. I'm sorry there's been a dislike for him within the game. :( He's so great in the universe! Totally get where all of you are coming from. I'll make sure all of this is brought up to the right people.