Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid arena - can we ditch it?

All the rewards on offer this arena only have value as items you can sell for gold. Can we ditch this arena please?
Tagged:

Comments

• HoldonHoldon Posts: 58
    I totally agree with this... arena sucks. Only use is when items event is on.. useless..
  • DanxorDanxor Posts: 5
    Yes please never run this arena again. I played 1 fight for the 51-100% rewards. I wouldn't even be surprised if I rank higher than that.
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited October 2017
    This is an awful arena, was looking forward to it but in reality it is the worst thing you guys have created.

Replace this arena with a gold arena.
  • Thanks for the Feedback everybody! I'll make sure it's taken to the team.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Thanks for the Feedback everybody! I'll make sure it's taken to the team.

Mike, how does the decision making on these ideas, etc take place? How many people are in the decision making process?

I think some of the frustrations are that we have no idea of who or how many hands are "in the cookie jar" and if any of the suggestions and/frustrations are actually looked at or if it turns out to be just a "posted note" on someone's desk. Anyone that works in Corporate America understands this.
  • The biggest problem really isn't a gold arena being better than raid. That would only be true if per fight rewards were never added again (which I would imagine just about have to be readded), so please DON'T replace this with a gold arena over putting per fight chips back :P.

That being said you can't even rank a 4* mod once. I really have no idea why this wasn't ran with the rewards being T2 instead of T1, and even THEN it'd be fairly niche (or maybe not, depends on how much it sucks to fight a levelled 4* mod... I mean nobody knows...) Indeed being able to get my second 4* mod much more quickly than the first combined with no way to use it is not very useful. You can't really go to zero ways to get a 4* mod though, so please do NOT replace with a gold arena.... fix the synergy between the two and give back chips per fight instead.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I kind of agree w/ @Supraliminal , but I guess my issues are this (my original post was obviously a bit glib, and not giving much in the way of reasons):

1. Base defense is the lowest of low priorities because there are close to zero rewards associated with it, so an entire event dedicated to mod sparks is very uninteresting. I rarely will be willing to use scarce gold ranking up mods anyway, since I want all the gold I can get my hands on to go to ranking and forging the bots I use, not the mods that sit around achieving nothing

2. Base defense is associated with raids, and sparks have always come from raids or special events, not arenas. Making a mod-spark arena seems out of place

3. What everyone really wants more of is gold, and maybe energon

(It looks like the rank11-13% rewards have been fixed; it was listed as 1,500 crystals instead of 1,500 shards yesterday)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I love Mod and Raid arena 'cos these are the two only days when I have my real life back. (I spend half of the other 5 days whining on this forum)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    o6cne21o3ie4.png

Get ready...
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Most pointless arena ever. Remove today's stupid arena please. For all that effort for just raid shields and mod crystals? No thanks. Give us a gold arena much more welcome!
    edited October 2017
    Mod arena is still needed for newbies. U can't expect F2P players to keep dumping energon on mod crystals... Their drop rate for 3 and 4 star mods are low too in those crystals. For veterans who have strong mods on their bases then likely they will skip it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Davien wrote: »
    Mod arena is still needed for newbies. U can't expect F2P players to keep dumping energon on mod crystals... Their drop rate for 3 and 4 star mods are low too in those crystals. For veterans who have strong mods on their bases then likely they will skip it.

Kabam has yet decided to give out advanced sparks for mods, so I choose not to bother much.
    Another problem with mods is that you can't see them in action. Thus after 6 months of playing, I really can't tell the difference between a r1 4* mod from a maxed 2* mod at high dup level because I don't know what happened or if placing such or such mod had made a difference. If an attacker got hampered at a certain node, is it because my defender performed well or my mod proced a lot? I don't know. There's no "replay" feature. In the end, I just put the mods which annoyed me the most when I raid.
  • Davien wrote: »

Kabam has yet decided to give out advanced sparks for mods, so I choose not to bother much.
    Another problem with mods is that you can't see them in action. Thus after 6 months of playing, I really can't tell the difference between a r1 4* mod from a maxed 2* mod at high dup level because I don't know what happened or if placing such or such mod had made a difference. If an attacker got hampered at a certain node, is it because my defender performed well or my mod proced a lot? I don't know. There's no "replay" feature. In the end, I just put the mods which annoyed me the most when I raid.

Some of that information is absolutely available. Just look at your defense and step through the nodes. You will see which path your attacker took and which nodes caused the most damage.
    3* mods awakened and slightly forged is the best now currently. 4* lacking those t2 mod sparks to bring them past 150PI currently.