Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alpha Crap

Lotsa promoting the Alpha arena and when it comes along--crap prizes. Its an absolute waste of time unless you're one of the regular top 10% people that get all the big prizes. Seriously, 50 Alpha essence and one crystal that'll give barely 1,000 gold?! Why bother. It would be easier and quicker to burn through a set of raid tickets and get the 500 Alpha essence in the raid store. The top guys with the top bots are always going to get those A2 prizes. Giving everyone else a shot at it? Lol, not in the slightest.

Comments

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    2% gives 2000 Alpha 2 essence. There are a lot of people in the top 2%. Almost all of those people do not get that much Alpha 2 essence in a whole weeks worth of AM.

The rewards are fine.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited October 2017
    They should split arenas up by how long you've had your account. Asking new players to put up the same scores people from launch can is a bit backwards.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Dircules wrote: »
    2% gives 2000 Alpha 2 essence. There are a lot of people in the top 2%. Almost all of those people do not get that much Alpha 2 essence in a whole weeks worth of AM.

The rewards are fine.

Curious, define 'a lot'?

From my calculation it's about 100 people.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Terminal wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »

The rewards are fine.

Curious, define 'a lot'?

From my calculation it's about 100 people.

Per region. Or there about. So 300 total. That's 16 alliances worth. That's a lot more than currently get essence from AM. Heck it's more than I get from AM and I finished second.

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Why comparing these two? Announcing those reward-rich Arenas as an attraction, Kabam is supposed to give out MUCH more advanced resources. Not to mention that without enough gold, it is hard to bring up those new 4* babies.

Try this: go unannounced. Like you did with the sudden reduction of alpha price from 18000 for 100 to 15000 decremented for 300, then 500. It should be less heart-breaking by not giving any hope.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i agree that the amount of crystals you get anywhere out of 1-2% is extremely too low.
    how are people suppose to get gold these days?
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    That is the key. The answer is one simple word: BUY.
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i agree that the amount of crystals you get anywhere out of 1-2% is extremely too low.
    how are people suppose to get gold these days?

• I was rank 26%-30%, and my reward was a measly 500 T1 alpha essence and a few thousand gold. 500?!? When people can steal over 4,000 from me in the time it takes me to finish just ONE series of fights? Garbage. I won’t bother next week.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    xJamesss wrote: »
    well to me its hard to grind more since i have only few bots now, forged most of 3* so lower have chances if they grind

That’s a risk over reward situation, I have also just forged all bots so u just grind to get back up
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    They don't need to do anything but put the arenas back the way they were. Although I like the new resources in the raid store, the guy who thought up this new arena gig should be fired.
  • redshift9 wrote: »
    I was rank 26%-30%, and my reward was a measly 500 T1 alpha essence and a few thousand gold. 500?!? When people can steal over 4,000 from me in the time it takes me to finish just ONE series of fights? Garbage. I won’t bother next week.

If you only put up enough points to reach 26-30% tier then you don't need T2 alpha anyway.

It's the same argument over and over. People wanting what they simply do not need. In the case of the alpha arena, if you're needing T2 Alpha, then a single full run through with all bots will put you well over the 26-30% bracket. And that's just a single run through.

If you forged all of your 3* bots into 4*(before someone makes this excuse) then you either have a massive 4* roster or you probably should have waited. Kabam should not alter the way something works because you took your roster of 30 bots and shrunk it to 12 because of forging.

I remember when I started playing back at launch. I didn't care what rank I got in arena(except the CW Prime arena. Busted my butt for that 3* Prime and I got it). To me, and even now this applies, it's just earning free rewards. If I have time, I arena. If I don't I don't. But I'm not going to complain about what I get if I'm not willing to work to get it.

You want top numbers and top prizes? Then you need to dedicate the same amount of time as the other people going for top.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Once you're ready for alpha arena you'll easily get top 10%. That's the time when you'll really need them. Autoplay if u lack the time.. Don't complain just coz u can't get it, and as if everyone else has your same viewpoint.
  • Got my first ever 1000 T2A pieces from that arena, don't see a problem.
  • I may be a little late but I just now saw that my post starting this discussion was flagged as spam?

IN WHAT WAY??

By that action, that means anyone not a moderator that starts a discussion is spamming! Even the moderators that start discussions are spamming--but since they're moderators, they can do it--"who polices the police?" If someone has a problem with a post from me, bring it up like you got a pair and don't hide like a coward behind a flag button.

Here's a novel idea too--if you got a problem with my discussion, then stay out of it and find some other post to comment on that you actually want to participate in. Flagging doesn't contribute anything.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    800k gets me 5-7% - which means 1000 essence, unlike the crystal bounty this is a perfect amount for me.
  • I do agree that the rewards could be a slight bit more generous. I mean if you can't get at least a third of what is needed to create one Spark, it does seem like you shouldn't be bothering.