Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should i rank 2 my unduped mirage

Shockwaves_jdjcjdjxShockwaves_jdjcjdjx Posts: 105
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Should i rank up my 4 star mirage hes rank 1

Should i rank 2 my unduped mirage 11 votes

RANK UP MAN
81%
BlazinhobbsJoker69Gunz0ZapperPromethium1MegatronBOFADDrake6401redshift9 9 votes
Dont do IT
18%
KillMasterCIvanTy 2 votes

Comments

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    RANK UP MAN
    I hear some folks have beaten expert Galvatron with him. He does actually seem like the strongest tech right now. Probably even overpowered.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    RANK UP MAN
    I wouldn't say he is overpowered offense wise. He is actually fairly weak. I have an R4 max forge, his current offense is only 798. You may think that is high but by comparsion I have R4 sideswipe and R4 Hot Rod and both have an offense at or over 1000.

If you are fine with defense, Mirage is the way to go. Defense wise though you can't beat shield. His Shield is nothing short of clutch in that he completely nullifies Specials 1-3 outside of maybe MM and MV1.
  • Anyone have a good video or guide to using Mirage? I do ok with him, but not at the level I have seen in a couple of videos. Always looking for an opportunity to get better.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    Dont do IT
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    Anyone have a good video or guide to using Mirage? I do ok with him, but not at the level I have seen in a couple of videos. Always looking for an opportunity to get better.
    This:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmBlC2ZI7wY

The player is a master. What I learned (when fighting extremely tough opponents):
    1. Be very patient and know your safe zone.
    2. Be patient to lure specials.
    3. Make use of Synergy with Prowl and stack attack buff before your S3.
    4. Stick with S3 if your Mirage isn't duped. Even if he's duped, S3 is more useful in a long tough battle. S2 (with double stun stunt) gives too much power to opponents.
    5. Do not try too hard to stack attack buff after S3. It should be a very late dodge against a melee attack. Only do it sparsely against predicted dash-in and consequent normals.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    RANK UP MAN
    @KillMasterC

Yeah, that's a seriously insane run. I've tried it before but for some reason my version of these guys will relentlessly hold onto their energy until the final S3 special is ready. I've gone ten minutes of dodging and blocking before, and Mixmaster would NOT use a special until he finally gets lucky and eventually charges that S3.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    Dont do IT
    @Drake6401 That's true, maybe there is some "sweet spot" but you really can't tell in that video if nobody tells you the trick. I can't tell when the player lures S1 and S2 purposely, it seems (only "seems") he only needs to stay safe and that Mixmaster was just too willing to throw specials.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    RANK UP MAN
    Alphas are in abundance now, you can and should rank 2 every 4* bot you have, even if it's only for arena