Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ratchets 2nd attack as a finishing move not granting health / Barricade 2nd attack vs Waspinator

Hi

When I use Ratchets 2nd attack as a finishing move, I do not get the health buff added to my bar. What happens is if I connect and he beats the dude with his wrench, and is KO'd by that, it goes to the win screen with the blue aura still around him. Normally this aura credits health but I don't get it because the fight is over. Other bots wait for all their moves to be finished if an enemy is KO'd before going to the cutscenes..

In arena, this is fine, but when I use him in alliance missions... let's just say every health point counts, I am not great with him and need his healing abilities to stay in the game :)

I have also found a similar glitch with finishing Waspinator with Barricades second special.. normally he should power steal but if he knocks out Waspinator with his moves and Wasp does his second life thing, the power steal is not activated.. So Wasp gets up and Barricade has not stolen power. I can't remember if Wasp keeps his power bar through getting knocked down and coming back to life, but I think I can remember charging up his attack through my special's hits connecting, he gets knocked down, comes back and uses his special on me. Which should have been stolen by Barricade... I think I am remembering this correctly.

Are these intentional?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hmm, good question. It is intentional about the Ratchet situation, since once a Bot is knocked out, no effects activate, but I will ask the team about the Waspinator situation!
  • Yea if the fight is over why would you earn health, personally sometimes i intentionally dont hit them on purpose to build health before i finish them off. If you're below half health trigger your self repair then while that's activated hit sp2 but miss them on purpose you will get a big boost of health this is especially useful in AM and the harder content in the game where you rely on maintaining health throughout the entire mission
  • As far as Barricades S2 goes versus Waspinator, it goes like this. Barricade ONLY steals power on the final hit. If you KO Waspinator on anything but the final hit then yes, he is going to fall over, drop all debuffs and basically be completely immune to anything until he fully gets back up. So Barricades final hit with S2 will whiff and steal nothing and then Waspinator can use a Special if he has power. And no he does not lose power being KO'd and then having his sig ability activate.

However, if you are KOing him with your final hit of S2, you should by all means be stealing power from him and if you are not, then I would agree that that is a potential glitch/bug.

As for Ratchet, see what Hobbs wrote. It's pretty spot on.
  • I guess I thought earning health was all part of the moves sequence. As an example, let's say I use Bludgeons S2 move to finish a guy off, if my opponent is knocked out after the second blow, he is still standing and a damage is shown on the screen for his third move which is stabbing his sword in the ground and shooting his tank attachment. The opponent is already out of the fight, but the move continues since the entire sequence has to play. It's part of his entire S2.

So for Ratchet, I thought regenerating health was part of his move. It even continues the aura into the win screen, so there is an effect tied to him, but it has been disabled the effect of the aura. Too bad there is no way to stop a special move from any bot once the wheels are in motion it keeps going, but if disabling once the opponent is KO'd is your method for solving this then so be it.
  • I have a further question, since you guys seem to be quite plugged into the moves etc. : with Arcee when I use her S1, she generates power for every hit on the opponent (kick, and for each of the two upside down shots). If she was close to being able to activate her S2 but not quite charged up, and you trigger S1, it is entirely possible to launch two S1 attacks back to back because she gains power from each opponent hit during her special. However, if I try this with let's say Sideswipe, his S1 does not generate power for any hits on his opponent.

Is this intentional with Arcee?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Hmm, good question. It is intentional about the Ratchet situation, since once a Bot is knocked out, no effects activate, but I will ask the team about the Waspinator situation!

hope you can buff up rachet slightly with his attacks. will really appreciate it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Antialias wrote: »
    with Arcee when I use her S1, she generates power for every hit on the opponent (kick, and for each of the two upside down shots)
    I think this has been nerfed? Only crit hits during S1 can gain power. No other bots can do this though.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I'm not sure if this is similar, but mv1 also does not life steal while bleeding on the killing blow.