Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    They need to have a way to activate buying a second 3* or 4* featured after ranking top ten three times in the week imo.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I'm happy because I was at 8600+ Galvchips before the arena. Now by hitting the 4th milestone, I've got my 3* Galvatron and I can focus on my real life again. Save me a lot of trouble.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    The Galvatron arena seems like it is designed for newer/lower tier players.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Ok...

Another free AM.

If donations are eliminated permanently, I personally think even the new arena rank rewards that we have had since Monday are perfectly acceptable.

Keep it going Kabam, you're sticking to what you need to do to keep the game profitable, and listening to what will work within your system.

Appreciated!

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Dircules wrote: »
    [quote="The_53rd;c-15626"I don't really like it. But hitting 100k shards for the bot is not that difficult, and since we can't dupe through the store, I don't have a lot of f...s to give to this particular issue.

Wat? Unless you have a LOT of 4* bots already and getting 4-5 dupes every month it's really hard. Even if you are a very active player, do all the milestones etc. most won't hardly surpass 50k chips.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    The arena milestones alone are worth 31k factor in rank rewards 35-40k for 320k points a day. Am earning a few thousand over the cycle times 2, raid week, spotlight right there alone is easily 50-75k with a little effort. A few dupes and a little more effort should not be insanely difficult to get 100k for even those that don’t dupe a ton

• WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    This is to anyone with Kabam who can give real answers and not the empty sounding “the team is monitoring the situation” reply.
    I will say that overall the update has been an improvement to some extent. It did simplify a few things, and that actually is an improvement, as applying the KISS principle to anything is normally a good thing to do.

If, however, the intention was for the game to become more laggy and prone to crash, it has succeeded. If the update was to induce a rash of complaints from players about the lack of gold, you succeeded there as well. The problem that most players are complaining about is the very real lack of gold to be found in the game now. All the answers that any of us have read are talking around the problem without ever coming close to actually answering anything. Fifteen pages on this thread, and the majority of what has been written is not positive in the slightest. To say otherwise is simpleminded at best, and complete obfuscation at worse. The simple math that keeps getting shown proving that gold is way down because the arena rewards have been shorted is not that hard for any of us to grasp. The lack of real answers is becoming old, and is giving so many of us the impression that the player base you currently have isn’t important at all.

Do I enjoy getting new bots, yes I do; except now I also dread it. I have ample ore to upgrade bots, as the special missions and regular story missions provide all the ore I need. Except, now I’m being forced to choose between keeping the ore for upgrading bots, or selling it to have some gold. I hope there is a solution to the gold shortage so many of us are experiencing. As for the game crashing, I can hope that another update to fix that is coming soon. Losing half the health of a bot on a raid or alliance mission is a very troubling thing to worry about once again.

I hope that something will be done that will make the majority of us happy to play again. However, I don’t hold out hope for that, as nothing that has been said in an official manor has lead me to think otherwise. Please tell me I’m wrong in how you view us Kabam, because nothing has been done to tell me different so far.
  • Hey Everybody,

We have an update for you all on the Galvatron Featured Bot Chip Arena. Starting with tomorrow's Arena, we're going to be adjusting the Rank Rewards for the this Arena to expand the Rank Brackets. Starting tomorrow, the Rank Rewards will be the following:

Top 10 players: 1500 Galvatron Chips, 2000 PBC Shards, 15 Arena Crystals
    1-10%: 1000 Galvatron Chips, 2000 PBC Shards, 13x Arena Crystals
    11-20%: 700 Galvatron Chips, 2000 PBC Shards, 10x Arena Crystals
    21-30%: 500 Galvatron Chips, 1000 PBC Shards, 8 Arena Crystals
    31-40%: 400 Galvatron Chips, 675 PBC Shards, 5 Arena Crystals
    41-50%: 300 Galvatron Chips, 500 PBC Shards, 5 Arena Crystals
    51-60%: 200 Galvatron Chips, 475 PBC Shards, 3 Arena Crystals
    61-70%: 175 Galvatron Chips, 400 PBC Shards, 3 Arena Crystals
    71-80%: 100 Galvatron Chips, 200 PBC Shards, 2 Arena Crystals
    81-90%: 75 Galvatron Chips, 150 PBC Shards, 2 Arena Crystals
    91-100%: 50 Galvatron Chips, 100 PBC Shards, 1 Arena Crystal

This should make these Chips more accessible to more Players, and speed up the rate at which Commanders are earning Featured Bot Chips.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited October 2017
    Hey Everybody,

We have an update for you all on the Galvatron Featured Bot Chip Arena. Starting with tomorrow's Arena, we're going to be adjusting the Rank Rewards for the this Arena to expand the Rank Brackets. Starting tomorrow, the Rank Rewards will be the following:

This should make these Chips more accessible to more Players, and speed up the rate at which Commanders are earning Featured Bot Chips.

Just so im clear - the difference between doing a casual amount of Arenas and getting into the 21-30% Bracket vs. grinding Arena to the bone and spending energon and a massive amount of time to get Ranked in the top 10, is....wait for it....1000 Galvatron Chips. The same amount of chips you get when you dupe a 3*. And the difference between the old brackets and these new ones when talking about the people in the 1-10% brackets is, at most, 600 Galvatron chips.

And you think this will make chips MORE accessible to player while also somehow speeding up the rate at which people earn featured bot chips? I feel like im missing a step in this equation....
  • @Kabam Miike This is not really what we asked for. What makes it enticing to go top 10 and spend loads of energon in this arena? Oh its to get 500 more galvatron chips.

Make 4 star shards accessible to top 10% and a basic bot on different days. This arena is worse than the raid arena...
    Hey Everybody,

• WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Wow. Simply wow. Really need to revisit the galvatron chip payout.
  • Hey Everybody,

What? That hasn't made it more accessible at all! Top 10 rewards are entirely unchanged from their pathetic amount, the amount being the main complaint here. Are you monitoring the same game that we are?!
  • I personally have mixed feelings about the changes to the arena. At least I felt that the team tried to make the arena more interestings. However, I personally think that there is one important change that you should consider to make fighting the area more challenging and more rewarding.
    Recently during the match up, I was able to KO a 3*soundwave with power rating 1200 with my 2*IronHide with power rating 654. It was a really difficult fight and I felt a great sense of accomplishment with my skills and luck and the blessing of RNGesus. However, at the end of the fight, my points only went up by ~2700 (3x multiplier). With the current system, the most points you can get with a 1* is around 500/fight, 2* is around 1100/fight but 3* and 4* fight will earn at least 1500 or more. So as long as you have a large roster of 3* and 4*, you can quickly climb the leaderboard.
    Now, the challenge that I ask Kabam is to change the scoring system of the Arena to properly award points for such difficult fight. Imagine how that would make things interesting in the Area. It will really be a contest to see who has the best skills because if people get more points from the difficult fight, it will segregated out the best fighters from those that just have a large rosters. A true contest of skills, not wallet.
  • The_53rd wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

What? That hasn't made it more accessible at all! Top 10 rewards are entirely unchanged from their pathetic amount, the amount being the main complaint here. Are you monitoring the same game that we are?!

Accessible does not mean "Add more for the top Players". Accessible means making it easier for ALL players to access Galvatron Chips. This change is allowing more players to score more. Additionally, we changed it from the Top 2% getting 1000 chips to the top 10%. That is more accessible.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Where’s the Gold? Screw everything else, where is the gold?
    WarCat wrote: »
    Where’s the Gold? Screw everything else, where is the gold?

This is the 3rd week in a row where we don't have to donate to alliance missions. It easily makes up for it.

Or are you completely ignoring all that free gold you get 4x days a week?

I think Kabam will eventually announce no donations permanently, or a complete rework of cost/rewards for AM missions to make them part of gold income instead of negative gold.
  • JetfireJetfire Posts: 27
    Hey Everybody,

Seriously this reward system is beginning to look worse. Can we please receive some form acknowledgement that you guys are doing something about the missing crystals from the rank rewards.... also the old arena system used to reward four star shards and these are missing from the rank rewards. Please look into this because this was the main reason why I play this arena and I am sure others played for the exact same reason. Rewarding featured bot crystals, 2000 pbc and 13 lousy crystals is not even worth grinding anymore.
    edited October 2017
    Your getting a guaranteed 4* if you collect shards you get more 4* shards from crystal bounty now... so you should be getting roughly 3-5 a month with this system.

You guys are still looking at this as one day or few days at a time and not factoring all the changes that went in place at same time which changed all rewards except am rewards

You also get more 4* shards from ae events as well now
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Your getting a guaranteed 4* if you collect shards you get more 4* shards from crystal bounty now... so you should be getting roughly 3-5 a month with this system.

You guys are still looking at this as one day or few days at a time and not factoring all the changes that went in place at same time which changed all rewards except am rewards

This. Exactly.

Seems everyone just wants immediate gratification, not realizing how the rewards have improved significantly overall. Even gold is ok if they keep AM donations turned off.
    There are some people, especially new players who aren't in any alliance and free or not, they don't donate to any treasury. Free AM is beneficial for those top alliances whose members upgrade very less. New players may have trouble to catch up without enough gold production as in the Old Arena.
    If players x plays at y effort and has months time playing over player z playing with same effort they will never catch up

If your not in an alliance you will never catch up etc
    edited October 2017
    There are some people, especially new players who aren't in any alliance and free or not, they don't donate to any treasury. Free AM is beneficial for those top alliances whose members upgrade very less. New players may have trouble to catch up without enough gold production as in the Old Arena.

Not really.

New players have different requirements. They don't need as much gold at the start, and they earn tons of it plus energon for leveling up their commander and going through story mode anyway. Way more than they need at the time.

If they have a veteran player mentor them on how to use their resources efficiently, they can rise through the ranks quickly.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Hey Everybody,

Miike, will this new bracket structure be used after the feature bot arena, for the 'regular' arenas as well or will we have two different % bracket division systems?

Also, can these types of announcements be added to the anouncements notices? We're 14 pages deep now and these types of things can be easily lost and may not be viewed by everyone.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Actually you have to factor in progression over months also. Getting the featured will get easier when you improve your roster. They can't make it to easy now or you it will be way to easy in a few months from now.

• Bugs encountered: Ultra Magnus 3* rank 3/4 vs Arcee 3*. Galvatron arena. TWICE in the fight, Arcee used 'Evade Ranged' to dodge Ultra Magnus's S1 hammer.

Shattered Lands difficulty 4. Optimus G1 3* maxed. Dashed in and tried to turn it into a S1. instead, the power got used up and he just turned into the run-forward animation. Don't remember the opponent.
  • Crash crash crash... Stop these nonsense health penalties. My phone has no overheating problem but still crash. Now i have to force close, restart my phone before starting my fight.
  • @Kabam Miike when will you be buffing shock wave or other bots
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Bugs encountered: Ultra Magnus 3* rank 3/4 vs Arcee 3*. Galvatron arena. TWICE in the fight, Arcee used 'Evade Ranged' to dodge Ultra Magnus's S1 hammer.

UM's sp1 is a ranged attack. You dodge it sideways, not by backstepping. It's actually the shockwaves spreading from the hammer hitting the ground that's the main attack - the hammer itself isn't what hits you. I wont disagree if you call it weird, but it's not a bug
    But what about Prowl and Bludgeon's S2 (last hit), they can only be backstepped but both are absorbed by Mirage's shield (not by Rhinox's)
    edited October 2017
    But what about Prowl and Bludgeon's S2 (last hit), they can only be backstepped but both are absorbed by Mirage's shield (not by Rhinox's)

The answer to that is... Every special has a pattern which can be avoided using whatever set of side/backstep/block the devs have set it up as. Doesn't matter if it's a ranged attack that needs to be backstepped or a melee that needs to be sidestepped.

Once you know how to avoid it, just do what you gotta do to not get hit even if it doesn't make sense.

A few specials can be avoided in more than one way, but usually, there is only one way to avoid them aside from blocking.