Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Version 4.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Spidey076 wrote: »
    So that awakening program is it a item or a quest where we can get item for awakening bot?in simple word is that awakening program same as mcoc awakening gem or different thing that we can get that from a quest because program word confusing me it pointing to be a quest?
    Can we get brief explanation on that thing?

They are items that can be gained in a variety of ways. They may show up as rewards in Missions, or Events in the future.

Once you use that item though, it's gone! So choose wisely!
    So that awakening program is it a item or a quest where we can get item for awakening bot?in simple word is that awakening program same as mcoc awakening gem or different thing that we can get that from a quest because program word confusing me it pointing to be a quest?

They are items that can be gained in a variety of ways. They may show up as rewards in Missions, or Events in the future.

• Sounds like good stuff :)
  • Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that this Patch may come out a little later than usual tomorrow. We're trying to make sure we have it out to all of your in the morning as usual, but we'll keep you updated!
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Spidey076 wrote: »

Oh that's good although i first thought that it is item but confused cause of program word but now i get it from where i can get it.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that this Patch may come out a little later than usual tomorrow. We're trying to make sure we have it out to all of your in the morning as usual, but we'll keep you updated!

Putting this kind of pressure on your teams is what makes for giant bugs being missed or accepted. If it's not done it's not done. Don't rush and break everything. Again. Please.
  • At around what time will the update be?

Quick question @Kabam Miike , will the awakening programs be tiered to the * rankings or will they be one size fits all?
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    DeePrime wrote: »
    Spidey076 wrote: »

Quick question @Kabam Miike , will the awakening programs be tiered to the * rankings or will they be one size fits all?

Im 100% sure they will be tier wise and second they will be of two types first generic can be used on any class bot of the tier and second class wise or class specific means can be used only on specific class.
  • Do we have a rough time when this update comes out or is it on the daily reset ?
  • Will Dinobot have a Spotlight Mission based on him and the other Beast Wars characters?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    @Kabam Miike We need level 60 to be unlocked so we can use more masteries including the new ones.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    @Kabam Miike We need level 60 to be unlocked so we can use more masteries including the new ones.

Already stated not happening on yet another thread about level cap, masteries are suppose to be ways to specialize your setup not have it all

• Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Already stated not happening on yet another thread about level cap, masteries are suppose to be ways to specialize your setup not have it all

You're correct but it needs to happen sooner than later as it's also about simple math. The game was made public in March/April. The cap limit was 40. They decided based on player requests to raise it from 40 to 50 in late June as people leveled up 40 levels in just 2-3 months after the game came out. It's now mid-late October...4-5 months later...with Boosters, with massive Experience Relics, etc.

Not as a dig to people that aren't level 50 as people play the game differently, but if you're NOT at 50, then you really don't/can't understand. The people that aren't at 50 are saying no need to raise the limit, conversely the people that are, are the ones asking for it.

All I'm saying, is that it needs to happen sooner than later. Quite frankly, I don't understand why EVERYONE shouldn't have the goal of leveling up to 50 as not only does it give you very nice rewards for each level gained, more energy points to use and a larger inventory but it also gives you more mastery points to use towards your bots growth.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    So I lead top alliance in game and only 3 of my guys are lvl 50 and I’m not one of them. And I don’t understand the need for level increase? These new masteries might encourage some to finish lvling for a few more mastery points, but we’ve beaten all content to date and difficulties in am... account level had nothing to do with it.

Not saying the additional points and such are needed but to say raising level limit increases things to do is bs. All story mode is complete up to this update every spotlight and challenge 100%. So running story over and over to make new levels is not accomplishing something to do
  • It would be nice to argue about this update if it were live, wouldn't it ?

Still no change for me.
    (And no daily item in the Raid store)
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So I lead top alliance in game and only 3 of my guys are lvl 50 and I’m not one of them.

And that's all you have to say..."I'm not one of them"

I would wager if you asked them if they'd like the level cap to increase, I know what they'd say. You'd have a more valid argument if you were actually at level 50 and didn't want it. That being said, Kabam will do what they want to do and it doesn't matter what we think or want.

@Odie21 They raised the level cap last time when they introduced Chapter 3 and 3 energy per step missions. It has previously been stated that it will be at least until chapter 4 and more expensive steps that they would look at it again.
  • The update is available in the playStore / appStore
    Dircules wrote: »
    @Odie21 They raised the level cap last time when they introduced Chapter 3 and 3 energy per step missions. It has previously been stated that it will be at least until chapter 4 and more expensive steps that they would look at it again.

Yes, you are correct as that was done late June, early July. If they want to increase it closer to Chapter 4, I've come to terms with that. All my argument is at this time is for people that aren't at the cap limit, to not sit here and state that it shouldn't be raised because it's not "important" to them. I've seen plenty of material posted in this thread amongst others with wants or opinions that I didn't necessarily agree with but I won't criticize someone's desire to add or improve something unless they're a complete bonehead, then I'll "pull a Manthro"...as we all know how he handles those posts ; D

• Dircules wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

Putting this kind of pressure on your teams is what makes for giant bugs being missed or accepted. If it's not done it's not done. Don't rush and break everything. Again. Please.

The release was already ready, but there are some things outside our control around the exact time of release for a new version. It's not like we just made v4.0 last night :tongue:
  • Update is live everyone !!
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    sc00b3 wrote: »
    Is it safe to play on iPhone 8 yet? Like do you actually see the bots?

This!
    @Kabam Miike
    This is by far the biggest issue that needs resolution and/or some status update. You guys are pushing out great content but we are unable to play and enjoy it on our new phones! Additionally, please realize with the daily arena change and the AM shift to the work day, there is a greater demand to play on our phones...

This should be fixed in 4.0, with further optimizations for this device planned for the update that'll follow 4.0. We're spending a lot of time on optimizations and bugfixes alongside the great content that the content team is providing

Can you please confirm back here once you've updated on the 18th that it's working?

Can confirm that assets are downloading! Thanks!
    Side issue... on some maps there is some artifacting in the background. Nothing serious but going to move out into a different thread.
    Hey Everybody,

The release was already ready, but there are some things outside our control around the exact time of release for a new version. It's not like we just made v4.0 last night :tongue:

Great! That's what it sounded like to me! :) Good to see you've got things a bit more under control. Haven't noticed any glaring issues yet ... congratulations on a successful release! High fives to the team :)
  • Same problem of old release still crashing on s8+
  • sc00b3 wrote: »

This!
    @Kabam Miike
    This is by far the biggest issue that needs resolution and/or some status update. You guys are pushing out great content but we are unable to play and enjoy it on our new phones! Additionally, please realize with the daily arena change and the AM shift to the work day, there is a greater demand to play on our phones...

This should be fixed in 4.0, with further optimizations for this device planned for the update that'll follow 4.0. We're spending a lot of time on optimizations and bugfixes alongside the great content that the content team is providing

Can you please confirm back here once you've updated on the 18th that it's working?

Side issue... on some maps there is some artifacting in the background. Nothing serious but going to move out into a different thread.

This!
    @Kabam Miike

I assume I already know the answer to this, but I want to check to make 100% sure...

When you say maps, do you mean the game map, like when you enter a Mission and look around and choose your paths, or do you mean the Base Map, or the Arena you're fighting in? I'll start to gather some information for you and see if we can figure out what's up.
  • Theres a glitch when viewing ur base, just so u knohf4l366v3gp8.png
    x8vtcdaw9c7c.png
    Iphone 5 SE
    iOS 11.0.3
    Game v4
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I thought we’d just be able to buy any ol’ awakening/sig increase item instead of waiting for specific class and star level ones. I’m a bit disappointed by this. The only real content addition seems to be a few masteries and the story mode chapters (which are good!).
    edited October 2017
    Theres a glitch when viewing ur base, just so u knohf4l366v3gp8.png
    x8vtcdaw9c7c.png
    Iphone 5 SE
    iOS 11.0.3
    Game v4

@Stealthmode , that's in the known bugs post. There's also a workaround described... assuming of course you got there via the same route as the bug they describe.

This!
    @Kabam Miike

This!
    @Kabam Miike

I assume I already know the answer to this, but I want to check to make 100% sure...

When you say maps, do you mean the game map, like when you enter a Mission and look around and choose your paths, or do you mean the Base Map, or the Arena you're fighting in? I'll start to gather some information for you and see if we can figure out what's up.

Talking about the "arena ring" we're fighting in. I'll upload some pics in another thread.

Update: thread here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2452/artifacting-4-0