Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Version 4.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    edited October 2017
    I still haven’t seen the update. Is it delayed for certain areas or devices?
  • Options

It shouldn't be... You may need to restart your device. There does seem to be a problem sometimes where the App Store is very slow to update unless you clear the Cache (which can also be done by tapping one of the Buttons on the bottom of the App store 10 times in a row).
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So I lead top alliance in game and only 3 of my guys are lvl 50 and I’m not one of them.

And that's all you have to say..."I'm not one of them"

I would wager if you asked them if they'd like the level cap to increase, I know what they'd say. You'd have a more valid argument if you were actually at level 50 and didn't want it. That being said, Kabam will do what they want to do and it doesn't matter what we think or want.

Actually, that's not all he had to say about it... You just chose to redact his post to make it say what you wanted it to say.

There was a perfectly valid argument had you read past the one sentence that triggered you.

He (and many others) have cleared all content without having max points in all masteries, so they don't seem to be a requirement complete anything, thus not being a real priority.

And I agree with him. It would suck if Kabam actually made content where maxing the masteries became complusory in order to complete it.

They should continue to remain nothing more than a perk for those wishing to spend on them.
  • Options

It shouldn't be... You may need to restart your device. There does seem to be a problem sometimes where the App Store is very slow to update unless you clear the Cache (which can also be done by tapping one of the Buttons on the bottom of the App store 10 times in a row).

Thanks! I did have to force the App Store to refresh.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike so how do we get these awakening signiture stuff
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    iPhone6, ios10 (too many horror ios11 stories tonuograde) here.

Experiencing a lot less lag this update so far, fighting and every menu/button press is much smoother (before the update even trying to request help on my arena bots was painful), hopefully it remains. If lag develops again in the future then maybe it points to some kind of app bloat as nothing changed on my device since updating to 4.0.

Nice one :)
  • Options
    Ok thanks @sc00b3 I didnt know that they already started a thread about it
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Looks good from what I've seen so far.
    I had a brief (5s?) freeze in my first raid fight, but nothing since then.

One thing I don't like is that basic ore now appears below class ore of classes other than the bot you're ranking up in the rank up screen. It was better when the most relevant ore is on top: same class, basic ore, other classes (decreasing relevance)

Q: Clicking on relics in the base is supposed to bring up a description of the relic, right? I'm not seeing that. Or was it just in the relics tab of the Bots menu? I hadn't noticed if this feature wasn't there before
    Q: All the old bot chips are gone. Were they converted to anything, or just vanish? I don't really care, but if they became gold that'd be nicer :)

A few cool things:
    Alliance windows are more navigable. Nice.
    Alliance help screen - the explanation about "Help if FREE to send... etc" is great! The actual effects of 'help'
    was a big source of confusion in my first month playing MCOC.
    Glad gold prices can be seen again in the main away mission screen
    Leader board linking to ppl's profile screen is nice. Way better than navigating through "search for friends"!
    Spark default arrangement is better, gj.
    HR 3* awakening deal is a nice way to introduce less experienced players (or those who never did MCOC) to awakening / rank up items at a somewhat relatively affordable price. Good call
    Tweaks to displaying daily mission classes etc - I think they were added a bit earlier, but make things easier/better anyway

New masteries:
    I really like how scarce mastery points are now. I'll have my last one by this afternoon, but I hope this doesn't increase for a while. When the level cap eventually does go up, it'd probably be cool to add utility masteries at that point, if you're planning to do that at all, just to keep the relative scarcity of mastery points about constant. It's good that we actually have to chose things instead of just being able to "max everything".

Some of the masteries seem a little... underwhelming? But that could just be because their utility isn't fully apparent yet. I'm sure they'll compliment some of the future planned bots/content in interesting ways (I remember starting out, I was underwhelmed at bots' abilities thinking they were all basically the same - that's because I was using only 1-2* bots and their abilities are muted to about 5% their 4* equivalent... I'm sure a similar "growing into it" process will happen with masteries).

Gold:
    Pretty sure this is gonna be a serious issue once AM starts again. I'd love to see (much) better gold return for selling items/ore as a way of letting players balance their resources. By "much better", I mean an order of magnitude better. Alternatively, if the Daily login "alliance calendar" was an order of magnitude more generous, that would solve the current problem for advanced players while giving a big boost to newer players

So, overall impression so far is "nothing seems to be broken, which is awesome, and many things seem to be slightly better, which is cool".

oh! The new enemy mods in 3.3 are, again, really cool. I wanna see more of these story/event mission mods work their way into obtainable mods! (and for raid defense to have some meaningful consequence, but not until you've worked out the matching and ranking system

Cheers guys
  • Options
    Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    How do we get the awakening stuff?
  • Options
    JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    edited October 2017
    I updated to v4.0 & I cannot sort only Brawlers:

jppvpuqkvuzk.png

It's not game-breaking, just inconvenient.
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Manthro wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So I lead top alliance in game and only 3 of my guys are lvl 50 and I’m not one of them.

And that's all you have to say..."I'm not one of them"

I would wager if you asked them if they'd like the level cap to increase, I know what they'd say. You'd have a more valid argument if you were actually at level 50 and didn't want it. That being said, Kabam will do what they want to do and it doesn't matter what we think or want.

Actually, that's not all he had to say about it... You just chose to redact his post to make it say what you wanted it to say.

There was a perfectly valid argument had you read past the one sentence that triggered you.

He (and many others) have cleared all content without having max points in all masteries, so they don't seem to be a requirement complete anything, thus not being a real priority.

And I agree with him. It would suck if Kabam actually made content where maxing the masteries became complusory in order to complete it.

They should continue to remain nothing more than a perk for those wishing to spend on them.

Ehh, no I didn't bypass anything. I only responded to what needed to be responded to in regards to his argument about the level limit as he can't speak about not raising it because he's not in a position level wise to do so.

I never said at ANY time that you NEEDED the additional Masteries or the increased rewards/benefits to complete maps. We all did just fine before masteries and again another example of small minded thinking as you have to look at the overall benefit of leveling up which isn't for this topic. But maybe leveling your character to get more masteries may help with, I don't know Alliance Missions, especially alliances doing 85+...
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    JOUST wrote: »
    I updated to v4.0 & I cannot sort only Brawlers:

jppvpuqkvuzk.png

It's not game-breaking, just inconvenient.

Me too
    iphone7, latest iOS, latest TFTF
  • Options
    oa4atflq5u8l.png
    oudwfsj9lei0.png

Why I cannot awaken Galvatron signature???
  • Options
    y2jfxqnirwdw.png

I have him all ready to roll
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    because in order to use the item you must first have already dupes the bot.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    oa4atflq5u8l.png
    oudwfsj9lei0.png

Why I cannot awaken Galvatron signature???

Because it's not an awakening program. It's a Sig ability program
  • Options
    So was happy for the new update but now my game just crashes or freezes..Really frustrating to love a game that shows no love back..Probably habe to drop out of my alliance due to not being able to fight and contribute. .Awesome update kabam..
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Why were points removed for Raid Blitz from Raid Ascent? Was this intentional and are there plans to lower the milestones required since it's now nearly impossible to max the event
  • Options
    So was happy for the new update but now my game just crashes or freezes..Really frustrating to love a game that shows no love back..Probably habe to drop out of my alliance due to not being able to fight and contribute. .Awesome update kabam..

No bro this the best update ever , I haven’t felt a single lags even my device was heating bit.

So much satisfying and also some with Iphone5s we’re happy with this update although iam using 6s.
    This update is fawless so far .
  • Options
    I don't believe some of the new masteries like Deep wounds are working in Alliance Missions. I have R5 Deep Wounds and while using both Bone Crusher and MV1 in AM - the length of bleed is not increasing at all. It does work in Raids but not in AM. Haven't checked the other new masteries yet.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Sooo question ... why were the buttons on the Alliance Mission window switched? Continue used to be on the bottom, now it;s View at the bottom causing me to click the wrong time almost every single time! Two more taps to actually get into the fight! By far my biggest gripe about this update.

• Options
    ComieComie Posts: 12
    iPhone 8+ ios11

Played first be yesterday, graphics were back.

Went to play this morning, game fails to load after the kabam screen.

Uninstalled/reinstalled. Go to a fight. The game doesn’t recognize my touch commands. Will only hold block.

Put the bot on auto pilot. The fight never ended. Neither bots health bar shifted even though they were hitting and damage numbers were shown.
    when they shot at each other it was as if the bolts were moving in slow motion

The special bar looked different, and didn’t charge.

Killed my AM and mission runs. Again!

Guy. I’ve been patient and trying to play and be patient but I’m getting really jaded here, missing out on lots of crystals, gold, and enjoyment. I’m not basically broke in game trying to play.

09re88v3yv5o.png
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Yeah same i was playing with motormaster this morning and every time i wanted to hit it didnt do anything. It only reponded to some of the touch commands
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Im using an LG Spree and i feel the same, the game is really buggy and im putting my time into it
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike
    Can we have a one click option to ask for bot recharge helpin Arena , I have to do it manually for every single bot !!!
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Kabam Miike
    Can we have a one click option to ask for bot recharge helpin Arena , I have to do it manually for every single bot !!!

There's a workaround which I did a month ago -- quit your alliance and there's no need to require help >:)
  • Options
    Facing some serious lags now .
    Kindly look into it . Thanks
  • Options
    Crystal bounty results are out.
    But why we are not rewarded
  • Options
    Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @JatinderSingh

Just be patient. The rewards typically take this long. I almost always get mine at around 12:00 Eastern time so it should be pretty soon.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I don't mind clicking each bot to ask for help.. however, I'd really like the help button to be enlarged. It's such a tiny part of the bot card, yet 99% of the reason to tap the bot is for help, not for information.

Can't count how many times I've missed it. Especially when doing things one handed like trying to auto arena, quite annoying. Make it like half the bot or something instead of the tiny 8% that it is now, it's not even the full width of the character.