Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Quintesson Base = 0 Medals

SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I know the leaderboard basically doesn't do anything other than give you bragging rights and perhaps a little PR for your alliance, but it still bothers me that I get 0 medals for fighting these bases. It's doubly worse when it's a popular raid event like getting T3B and T2A and every potential human target has been hit and unavailable for raiding. All 3 of my raid tickets were Quint bases which gave me zero upward movement in the leaderboard. Then I got raided 3 times and lost over 100+ medals.

Is there anyway to calculate a medal count for these Quint bases so we can get at least something instead of 0?
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    While the medals may be zero, they definitely give the most raid chips on average for a success.

If I had to choose, I'll take the big raid chip payout over medals any day. Just my 2 cents.
  • So, Quintesson bases are not meant to give Medals, because that would become an exploitable way to flood the market with Raid Chips. There are only a set amount that move among players at this time.

That being said, it's very odd that you ran into 3 of them in a row... Can you let me know how many Medals you have, and around what time this occurred?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    So, Quintesson bases are not meant to give Medals, because that would become an exploitable way to flood the market with Raid Chips. There are only a set amount that move among players at this time.

That being said, it's very odd that you ran into 3 of them in a row... Can you let me know how many Medals you have, and around what time this occurred?

I ran into 4 in a row this morning around 8:00 am PT. Medal count is ~1,700.

• MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    @Lapras just had three quint bases in a row too
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I float between the 2200-2400 range. Not sure where I was at this morning though, medal wise.
  • Happened to me as well, 3 in a row. Around 1.8k medals
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I tend to fight these bases more when the 4* Shard and T3 Essence are offered in the store.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I noticed this too and it can be annoying at times. Since these bases don't give medals, I end up dropping in them over time. Typically in the 18k and 23k the bases vary in a bout the same manner so it's not a huge deal. This does however become an issue in events such as the Galvatron bot chips where more medals increased the chips earned per raid.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So, Quintesson bases are not meant to give Medals, because that would become an exploitable way to flood the market with Raid Chips. There are only a set amount that move among players at this time.

This happens all the time when I’m above 2000 or morec0ogqao3w8ck.png
    vpzwhclzwa96.png

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Last 10 hours, 11 raids, 7 quint bases, 4 players. Most 2 in a row were Q.

Don't mind though, medals don't mean anything and the quintesson bases give more chips.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    dont touch the quintessa bases! only thing worth raiding really
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    edited October 2017
    Well, two raid matches, two Quintessa Bases in the past 5 minutes. But hey, I did get 1 medal!

9ji8lregjv5w.png
    jsgsd7p1setk.png

Edit, I lied...3

mw2h7g85wm5c.png

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Three in a row about 20mins ago but hey speeds up me getting the tier 3 essence so I’ll take it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    If I raid casually without buying tickets, I run into players. If goodies (with price >20000 chips) show up in the raid store, I'm raiding at least 5 times in a row and there will be 2 or 3 Q-bases for me.
  • Kr_DCKr_DC Posts: 15
    If I remember correctly, 7-8 out of 10 bases I raided since the event started are Quintesson bases. I have a feeling it is because many people are using raid shields? I did not use any so while I won all 10 raids, I actually lost like 150 medals ..
  • 5 out 6 today. I spent 2 energon to get a new target & got another Quintesson base. Got 6 out of 10 last week...4 in a row. I have submitted 2 tickets to customer service who directed me to the suggestion forum. I suggested that if we get consecutive Quintesson bases in a row, our bases should not be polled to be attacked. Also suggested to normalize the amount won/stolen. The amts are so arbitrary. It's frustrating to see your medal count fall & not be able to do anything about it especially when revenge doesn't work. I went from 2100ish to 1900ish. Other than constantly spending on shields, maintaining 2200 medals is difficult.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    I had 4 quint bases today including my first one for the day and two in a row one time.. far more than any other day since the update. Typically get 0-2 per week around 1500s.

Checking, each quint bases happened at 1550 (1551, 1546, and 1550 - 1550 was the double).

Actually, it's been so long since I last had a quint base, the last time I did they were giving 10 medals (or was the 10 because of my medal count at the time?), not 0.

So hitting 4 in a day after none for so long is a bit funny.
  • Haven’t noticed it until now that Q bases don’t give medals!
    I have checked my raid history. Yesterday I met Q base 10 times out of 19 times. Today I haven’t met any yet. Yesterday I used a lot of energon to start raid because of those T3 essences. My medals are between 1450-1600.
  • It wouldn't even be flooding raid chips, they also wouldn't be able to award medals for these and still have a raid matchup system that didn't see someone take over the top spot (theoretically) without fighting a human base for some time. That's not a comment on the matchup system (another discussion), I'm just saying it wouldn't even work at all if quint bases gave medals.
  • Hmmm... yeah actually the zero medal attacks to be "more open" to human attacks does make the medal count drop like a rock. Actually solves a personal mystery that should have been obvious lol. That part of it definitely sucks. Not so much because I'm going for top (no reward), but it IS tied to some event points so mysteriously tanking from 1900 to 1400 when you next look/wake up despite having been constantly raiding could probably use some creative tweaking. I still don't think they should really GAIN you medals though. Maybe if you get a quint base, your next defense will not lose you any medals even if failed.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I think rolling multiple quint bases happens when there's alot of raid chip activity going on between all active players. As Mike said it's there to flood the market with chips, so when the overall chip count is low due to spending, the system perhaps forces a quint bases on active raiders to boost their raid chip count to be carried around the pool. I'm just hazarding a guess.