Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

iOS 11 iPad Air Visual Issues when Fighting

Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I updated my iPad Air to iOS 11 yesterday and experienced an odd graphical issue.

After doing the update, I loaded the game and started playing a Story Mode mission. I start the fight, the loading screen comes up....and then....nothing. It ramains on the loading screen, but I can hear the fight has loaded, and even through the loading screen, I can control my bot even though I cant see anything thats going on.

This all seems a little odd to explain, luckily iOS 11 added a record screen feature so I can now show you exactly what im talking about! In this video you will see me starting a fight, it going to the load screen and then nothing happening. If you turn up your volume, you will hear the fight start even though im still at a loading screen. You will then hear the bots fighting as I am pressing different moves on my screen.

Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgAuGdyOpo
(Im no YouTube uploading expert - the first time the video uploaded it uploaded sideways, and when I told YouTube to rotate it, it added a lot of black space around the video. But, you should still be able to see everything that im talking about.)

Also, even though im at a loading screen, the fights still count. After the match was over, I reloaded the game and you can see that even though the load screen was up the whole time, I still KOed the opponent.

Never seen this before the iOS 11 update.
Tagged:

Comments

• That's really interesting to see. I'll go ahead and take this over to our teams.

I'm really sorry you're experiencing it! Definitely a frustrating situation. :(
  • This issue is still ongoing, making this unplayable on my iPad. Also, I did more testing and this exact same issue occurs before Arena fights and AQ fights as well.

Im thinking I will need to revert back to ios 10 unless you guys are coming out with a fix soon.
  • Same problem on iPad mini retina 2
  • I just reverted back to iOS 10.3.3. Never had to do that before for any other game, and I cant say im very pleased that I had to do that in order to get this game to work - especially after Kabam said the game was stable on iOS 11.

But now that I have, the game is working properly again.
  • So I’m not the only one.
  • Came here to report this same issue. Thanks for providing so much info, Stitch! You saved me a lot of typing :)
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Just updated to iOS 11 this morning and came to report that this is also happening with me.

The iPad Mini I play on now also lags like crazy and gets really hot, whereas before it ran fairly smoothly and barely got hot (admittedly it was ridden with various other bugs and lots of force closes). With the update to iOS 11, those problems are now gone, only to be replaced by an equally annoying set of problems.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    But now that I have, the game is working properly again.

I would just like to mention that by "working properly", I meant that the game was loading and the visual issue was fixed. Reverting back to IOS 10.3.3 makes it so the game crashes CONSTANTLY. Like, maybe ill get in 3 or 4 fights before it force closes itself? So, take my "working properly" comment with a grain of salt.

I have not seen any update from Kabam regarding this specific issue yet, so until I do, im going to keep using iOS 10.3.3.
  • I’m eager for some info, too. I’m hoping this will be addressed in the Oct. 5th update.
  • Is it safe to upgrade an iPad from 10.3.3 to 11. Yet? I was hoping the game would eventually run better on 11
  • redshift9redshift9 Posts: 87
    edited October 2017
    I’d put it off. I’ve got an iPad, and it’s still an issue for me.

I think a dev said somewhere that there’s an update coming later this month (not Oct. 5th like I first thought).
    Im not updating until Kabam confirms that their game runs properly on the new iOS on these devices. I already had to revert my iPad BACK to 10.3.3 once. I really dont want to do it again.

Its been nearly a month now, and aside from Kabam responding to the initial post, they have not given any real update to this issue or when they plan on having it solved.
  • I have a iPhone on iOS 11 and I’m wondering if this is a consistent problem with some. For me it’s a regular thing but idk if it’s a big of a
    Deal tho #bugs #problmes #visuals eevl3tksxitg.png
  • Strange how the only thing that isn’t in pieces is the column that’s supposed to shatter.
  • CringeCringe Posts: 26
    Your not the only one I’m in the same situation.
  • I having the same issue on iPad Air 1 using iOS 11.0.3 the story mission and event mission won’t load and stuck on the loading screen but can hear in-game battle sounds also when tapping the screen can hearing the fight sound of my TF character! Wish Kabam can fix it soon and good luck on them! :smile:
    I having the same issue on iPad Air 1 using iOS 11.0.3 the story mission and event mission won’t load and stuck on the loading screen but can hear in-game battle sounds also when tapping the screen can hearing the fight sound of my TF character! Wish Kabam can fix it soon and good luck on them! :smile:

Well, I was just wondering if I should go ahead and try to upgrade to 11.0.3, but after reading this, im going to continue to hold off.

What ill tell you is, is that if you are able to patch your iPad BACK to 10.3.3 - the game is actually more stable on that version right now than it ever has been. Its super annoying to have to revert back to a previous iOS build, but if that device is the main way you play the game, it might be worth considering.
  • I having the same issue on iPad Air 1 using iOS 11.0.3 the story mission and event mission won’t load and stuck on the loading screen but can hear in-game battle sounds also when tapping the screen can hearing the fight sound of my TF character! Wish Kabam can fix it soon and good luck on them! :smile:

Hey Stephan! Does this happen with every fight, or just some of them? Is it certain modes (story, raid, arena) or all of them? Did this work fine in a previous version?
  • I have a iPhone on iOS 11 and I’m wondering if this is a consistent problem with some. For me it’s a regular thing but idk if it’s a big of a
    Deal tho #bugs #problmes #visuals eevl3tksxitg.png

We have a number of rendering fixes coming in the next update that should address this issue. When you say regular, do you mean this happens 100% of the time? Or just occasionally?
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    I having the same issue on iPad Air 1 using iOS 11.0.3 the story mission and event mission won’t load and stuck on the loading screen but can hear in-game battle sounds also when tapping the screen can hearing the fight sound of my TF character! Wish Kabam can fix it soon and good luck on them! :smile:

Hey Stephan! Does this happen with every fight, or just some of them? Is it certain modes (story, raid, arena) or all of them? Did this work fine in a previous version?

The issue they are referring to is the same one I was having and the reason why I started this thread. It occurs for nearly every fight in all modes. If I recall correctly I was able to get a couple of fights to work, but for the most part it just did whats described in this thread. Reverting back to iOS 10.3.3 fixed the problem, but it means keeping my iPad on an old version until a fix comes out.

This thread is over a month old now. And another mod posted in this thread back when this issue first came up. I dont really understand why this issue is still around. Are you telling me that when you guys test this game on an iPad Air using iOS 11+ it works just fine for you all?
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @kabam Kavs

Can any of you tell me if this specific issue was dealt with in the latest patch update? I do not want to update my iPad up to iOS 11 if this issue still exists.
  • @Stitch626 don’t update (from an iPad user)
  • The problem that Stitch626 described, when he started this thread over a month ago, still exists. I’m on an iPad, running the latest versions of both iOS and the game.

Just so you know, it’s a problem in alliance missions, too. I just did three nodes in a row where I was fighting blind.
  • edited November 2017
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @kabam Kavs

Can any of you tell me if this specific issue was dealt with in the latest patch update? I do not want to update my iPad up to iOS 11 if this issue still exists.

The latest game version (4.0.1) doesn't address the loadscreen-over-combat issue, but I recommend updating anyway as it has a lot of other fixes you'll want.

We're looking into a fix right now that might not require a version update. I'll confirm back once we know more, otherwise it may require a fix in the next update in the coming weeks.
  • Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @kabam Kavs

The latest version update doesn't address the loadscreen-over-combat issue, but I recommend updating anyway as it has a lot of other fixes you'll want.

We're looking into a fix right now that might not require a version update. I'll confirm back once we know more, otherwise it may require a fix in the next update in the coming weeks.

I just want to be clear because it sounds like you are suggesting to upgrade my iPad to iOS 11 even though you say that the bug has not been fixed yet...or were you talking about updating the game?

I dont think anyone is not upgrading their game itself to try and avoid this bug, they are just not upgrading to iOS 11.

Thanks for the response and for looking into this issue for us!
  • I was talking about updating the game version. Edited my post to clarify! :)
  • Hi Kabam Kavs, sorry for late reply it just happen in some of battle, but mostly in special event and story mode, but rarely in raid mode!
  • Yes! It works fine in previous ios 10 version.