Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

On Galvatron Chip Conversion and Dinobot Purchases

Commanders!

While we originally intended for you all to be able to only purchase 1 featured Bot of each rank with Featured Bot chips, you surprised us all. Some of you were able to collected enough Galvatron chips to Duplicate a 4-Star Galvatron multiple times.

As a result, we have decided that with Dinobot coming tomorrow, we're going to allow multiple purchases of both the 3-Star and 4-Star version of Dinobot. They will increase in cost with every purchase, and getting a fully awakened 4-Star Dinobot will cost quite a bit more than anybody was able to collect for Galvatron.

Additionally, this has caused us to rethink our conversion of Galvatron chips. While were initially were going to simply convert them to 4-Star Crystal shards, we decided that this time around, and only this time, we will allow you all to choose between 2 options on what you'd like to trade your Chips for.

Starting at 5am Pacific Time on November 2nd until 5am Pacific time on November 9th, you will be able to purchase either Premium Bot Crystal Shards at a cost of 25 Galvatron Chips per Shard, or 4-Star Bot Crystal shards at 500 Galvatron chips per Shard. Additionally, after November 9th, all remaining Galvatron Chips will be converted to Gold.
Tagged:

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited November 2017
    How many shards per purchase 1:25 and 1:500?

Or is it xx amounts shards per purchase
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    How many shards per purchase 1:25 and 1:500?

Or is it xx amounts shards per purchase

It is 1:25 and 1:500. So, conversion to 4-Star Shards is pretty expensive, but can be good for players that are pretty close to their next 4-Star Crystal. I'm personally going to go for the PBC Shards.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited November 2017
    yeah am I right in reading that 80k chips = 160 four star shards?

Don’t get me wrong I’ll take anything, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So when I can buy a 4* Galvatron with 100k chips which is a month of efforts, I can instead get:
    * 4000 PBC shards which is 2 PBC
    * 200 4* shards
    Inflation?
    It’s for left over chips instead of getting nothing
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    The conversion rate for both shards seems quite crazy to say the least. Can we also know the conversion rate for gold before we decide?
  • So when I can buy a 4* Galvatron with 100k chips which is a month of efforts, I can instead get:
    * 4000 PBC shards which is 2 PBC
    * 200 4* shards
    Inflation?

Kind of. It's more the fact that these chips are meant to be for one purpose, and that's getting the Featured Bot. The reason we put this conversion choice in is because we know that some players could have come close, but not been able to get the Bot. We don't want anybody walking away thinking that they got nothing.
    edited November 2017
    Thanks. I'm waiting for gold anyway. I just hope for 1:1 gold.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    So 1:25 means 100,000 feature bot chips equals 4000 pbc shards, which is 2 crystals. 2 crystals doesn't line up in value against a 4* at all. You've just converted 100,000 feature bot chips in to 200 bot chips. Pbc shards also have different rates from full crystals (you can open 50 easily and not even get a 3*) and therefore have a much much lower value.

Getting rank 1-10 in arena, the prize is 60 pbc shards. Getting 1-10% the prize is 40 pbc shards. If I don't want Dinobot that's 2 weeks of not playing the game. Give people openings like that and they'll just find something else to play.

This is really out of balance with how many pbc shards we get just from daily events.

If someone isn't interested in a particular feature bot for the month, this conversion rate is so bad there's zero incentive for them to participate at all for an an entire month. There is no event and no prizes for them at all.

2 weeks of arena events are completely worthless for them, there is no raid event and AM is no different.

I'm hyped for Dinobot. But what if I wasn't? What if next months bot doesn't interest me?

The play experience for these people is completely destroyed and there's nothing for them to do. Like, for real, what are they supposed to play for?

I think a more reasonable or even a more interesting conversion is needed so that people who don't want the feature bot still have something to play for after 10k bot chips.

Yes there are people that went way over 100k, enough to get 4* dupes, but the game doesn't offer that many chips, it only came from dupes.

Balancing around a one-off, consumable, finite resource that people had saved up is unrealistically deflating the value of chips compared to the amounts that are given as rewards in game. People won't have those kinds of stocks of crystals to burn every month. The first month of burned savings is an outlier.

There needs to be something decent for the people between 10k and 100k to keep them playing (sig ranking a single 3* for a month doesn't sound particularly fun) and there needs to be something worth playing for, for people that don't want the feature bot. They're completely excluded for a month. Who is going to wait around for a month to see if there's something for them next time?

We need some kind of retention strategy.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    You said you're original plan was to convert to 4* shards BUT THIS TIME AROUND we get a choice. Does that mean with Dinobot chips and the chips moving forward will automatically convert to 4* shards or will the default become gold?
    @Terminal has it clear, the incentive for the featured bot may vary. I would recommend that all bots other than the featured bot of this and the last months hit the normal pool immediately. So if I don't like Dinobot I can at least try my luck to get Ramjet or Shockwave (hey...)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    So 1:25 means 100,000 feature bot chips equals 4000 pbc shards, which is 2 crystals. 2 crystals doesn't line up in value against a 4* at all. You've just converted 100,000 feature bot chips in to 200 bot chips. Pbc shards also have different rates from full crystals (you can open 50 easily and not even get a 3*) and therefore have a much much lower value.

Getting rank 1-10 in arena, the prize is 60 pbc shards. Getting 1-10% the prize is 40 pbc shards. If I don't want Dinobot that's 2 weeks of not playing the game. Give people openings like that and they'll just find something else to play.

This is really out of balance with how many pbc shards we get just from daily events.

If someone isn't interested in a particular feature bot for the month, this conversion rate is so bad there's zero incentive for them to participate at all for an an entire month. There is no event and no prizes for them at all.

2 weeks of arena events are completely worthless for them, there is no raid event and AM is no different.

I'm hyped for Dinobot. But what if I wasn't? What if next months bot doesn't interest me?

The play experience for these people is completely destroyed and there's nothing for them to do. Like, for real, what are they supposed to play for?

I think a more reasonable or even a more interesting conversion is needed so that people who don't want the feature bot still have something to play for after 10k bot chips.

Yes there are people that went way over 100k, enough to get 4* dupes, but the game doesn't offer that many chips, it only came from dupes.

Balancing around a one-off, consumable, finite resource that people had saved up is unrealistically deflating the value of chips compared to the amounts that are given as rewards in game. People won't have those kinds of stocks of crystals to burn every month. The first month of burned savings is an outlier.

There needs to be something decent for the people between 10k and 100k to keep them playing (sig ranking a single 3* for a month doesn't sound particularly fun) and there needs to be something worth playing for, for people that don't want the feature bot. They're completely excluded for a month. Who is going to wait around for a month to see if there's something for them next time?

2c4tsa7f14j1.gif

Can we convert this post to a single paragraph at a rate of 10:1?

Did you miss the part about "the chips were intended for one purpose to begin with"?

For Dinobot, the ability to Sig rank a 3* for a month if you can't make the 4* sounds awesome to me. Becomes great forge material for the bots you have plus it give you tons of shards.

You could always wait for them to be converted to gold, which has been a huge concern for many players lately.

Lots of options here.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318

Please for The love of god..... read twice and more careful before you waste your time writing an essay no one cares about where you just make your own points invalid my god you sound so stupid
    edited November 2017
    @Manthro can do buddy!

Here's my TL:DR;

The entire game focuses on the feature bot. If someone isn't interested in the feature bot or can't reach the 4*, they have no prizes or bonuses for a month. It's a vanilla game. For example, 2 weeks of arena give absolutely nothing. 840 pbc shards if they can rank 1-10 (not %) every day for 14 days or 42 4* shards for the month. These players have just been alienated from the game. The conversion has been calculated based on people burning all their saved crystals and not on actual value given by the game for chips. There is no system or support to retain these players.

----

To your question, I didn't miss it. I don't see how it changes anyything. If it's 4* shards then 100,000 chips converts to 200 shards. So if you don't want the feature you can have 10% of a random old one (which is supposed to be less valuable) so you get less than one day's crystal bounty, for a month of effort.

I don't think sig level has a big effect on forge xp yeah? In terms of getting forge shards, consider your rate of conversion. They said the cost will go up per dupe. I have every confidence it will be something silly like 10,15,30 etc. so anything less than 100k will give very few sig levels. All that effort for a couple of hundred extra 4* shards. It's just a terrible 1 day bounty event stretched over a month.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    @Manthro can do buddy!

Here's my TL:DR;

The entire game focuses on the feature bot. If someone isn't interested in the feature bot or can't reach the 4*, they have no prizes or bonuses for a month. It's a vanilla game. For example, 2 weeks of arena give absolutely nothing. 840 pbc shards if they can rank 1-10 (not %) every day for 14 days or 42 4* shards for the month. These players have just been alienated from the game. The conversion has been calculated based on people burning all their saved crystals and not on actual value given by the game for chips. There is no system or support to retain these players.

----

To your question, I didn't miss it. I don't see how it changes anyything. If it's 4* shards then 100,000 chips converts to 200 shards. So if you don't want the feature you can have 10% of a random old one (which is supposed to be less valuable) or only get half way or even 80% of the way there, you get less than one day's crystal bounty, for a month of effort.

I don't think sig level has a big effect on forge xp yeah? In terms of getting forge shards, consider your rate of conversion. They said the cost will go up per dupe. I have every confidence it will be something silly like 10,15,30 etc. so anything less than 100k will give very few sig levels. All that effort for a couple of hundred extra 4* shards. It's just a terrible 1 day bounty event stretched over a month.

There is also a 3* bot, the featured mission, raid store featured items etc.... again you sound stupid
    Amano wrote: »
    Please for The love of god..... read twice and more careful before you waste your time writing an essay no one cares about where you just make your own points invalid my god you sound so stupid

It's a shame you couldn't even pick out one of the several points with any kind of reason why it's invalid. Pick any paragraph and I'll happily discuss it. If I'm wrong I'll concede the point.

Kind of curious how I made my own points invalid though. Did I contradict myself?

You're equally entitled to have an opinion about if you think the conversion is good or not good, but I won't call you stupid for it.
  • Hey guys,

Let's remain civil here. Everybody is allowed to have their own opinions and to share them. This is the point of the forums. You're also allowed to disagree with them. But let's do it in a constructive manner that is conducive to conversation. Let's not attack each other, but explain our points of view. This is how healthy discussions and conversations are made.

Let's just all remember that we're part of this community together. We play the game together, and we connect. Let's make this a healthy community for all of our players, help each other out, and calmly discuss our points of view!

If not, then I have to be a jerk, and nobody likes that.
  • At first I thought leftover chips were going to convert to the next featured bot. I can see why that's not the case though. In a way, I'm kinda glad because I want to take it easy this month and get back to grinding when what we hope is Megatron comes out December.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited November 2017
    So if the chips were meant for one purpose, then why did Kabam only make it possible to purchase one Galvatron from the get go? Better to underestimate than overestimate, right? So why not do for Galvatron what you're doing for Dinobot and allow him to be purchased again? I for one wouldn't mind paying the amount it would cost to purchase a second Dinobot, only for Galvatron.

Because honestly, the 500:1 rate for 4 star shards is not worth it for me (100:1 would be more reasonable in my opinion) nor would the PBC's, which, let's face it, for all intents and purposes are 2-star crystals. That said, I'd rather take another Galvatron with my chips, please and thank you. =)
  • Thank you kabaam for making the decision. Those 500 shards are very vital i have 1,800 shards rn. Thanks!!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    @Terminal

For reference... I just forged a 4/40 Sig 40 3* Grindor (forge lvl 0) into my 4* Grindor.

It gave me just shy of 24 forge levels and 540 4* shards.

Duping 3* bots is well worth it. Sig level does impact forge XP quite a bit.
  • I honestly would prefer to get duplicates with the Galvatron chips I earned, because then at least I know what I am getting.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    How much gold per chip?
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    With gold being so scarce still why not give us the option to convert to gold at the same time as converting to shards. Assuming the gold conversion is decent(here's hoping it's 10 gold per feature chip) I'd prefer to not wait the extra week to get the gold
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    O.K two things:

1. It was entirely possible to get Galvatron even without duping a 4*. I can tell because I did it myself. I didn't even do the last 3 Galvatron arenas, so I could have gotten the 3* version as well if I wanted to. So if you ended up with 60k shards you just didn't play enough.

2. It is true though that there is absolutly no incentive to collect these shards if you can't or won't get the featured.

This has an impact on:
    - Raids in the raid week
    - Featured bot arenas

Especially the featured bot arenas are going to be really empty from now on. But I see an updside to this, if I don't want to go for the featured (so going for Dinobot though) I basically have a month off.
  • This is cool. It’s more than I expected and I’ll be happy to cash in for my 71 four star shards :)

A few people might not’ve Noticed that right now you can buy a second 3 and/or 4* G. for the same number of bot chips as the original (a mistake Kabam said they don’t intend to fix this month). I duped the 3* but didn’t dupe the 4.

@Terminal , I don’t think you’re right that people saved up lots of dupes for this month that won’t be available next month. I think it’s the other way around actually. No one knew dupes would be so valuable until this month. People have been saving bot crystals ever since they got their first 4* G. Ppl have alway more crystals saved now than at this time last month. Meanwhile, it was very easy to get 100k chips without any 4* dupes, as long as you play actively and are in the top, say, 30 alliances. Compared with the old system where just *FIVE* people got the featured bot, I really don’t see how there’s any ground to complain about this system.

I never even paid attention to who the featured bot was before, because I knew it had zero impact on my game - I was always 2-4 months away from getting the bot. I got 4* G after 2 weeks. Sweet deal!

Having a nice conversion for the leftover is even better. I expected maybe 1:1 gold conversion. Getting 4* shards at all is a bonus
    edited November 2017
    Top 30 is definitely more than top 5, and when we factor in dupes it opens the door for even more people, dupes makes it a big variable and accessible to who knows how many. Will it ever be the majority that can get the 4*? I don't think so, and I don't think it should be, it's a 4* and needs to maintain rarity and exclusivity. Kabam has said it's not easy to get 100k.

The difference I see is that before it was only for 5 people, but it was also only for a few days in arena and that's it. Now, the feature has been pushed out and promoted into every aspect of the game, for an entire month. The game revolves around the feature, it's the focus of the entire game now, which means it's an event for the entire player population. It's even in the calendar, so everyone gets chips, everyone is included. They want the event to be for everyone, but there isn't something for everyone.

My concern is that while there is a portion that can get the 4*, there is also a majority that can't. Now, some of that majority, getting the 3* is at their level and value for them at their stage in the game. However, there is also a middle portion of active daily players who 3* have begun to lose relevance for and even if it hasn't, playing daily and only getting a 3* and having 40-60-80k chips left over with this conversion after a month has very little value for them for their efforts. If there was something more in the middle as a prize, it could really help them. Maybe a 4* class awakening (or random crystal) could be sold for 40k chips or something. Then they can unlock one of their existing 4* and they get something that's relevant for them or get a random goodie prize crystal or whatever. I'm sure there's other ideas that work. I just think it would be good to have something to fill the gap so the event is a positive experience for this portion of the player base.

Miike said "we know that some players could have come close, but not been able to get the Bot. We don't want anybody walking away thinking that they got nothing." If we think about those people, the people that didn't get it, the ones that came close, would you be happy with nothing but 1-2pbc shard crystals or 100-200 4* shards for a month long event where you hit top 10% every day in arena? It just seems really not worth it to me. I would walk away feeling I got nothing. Would you be happy if you earned 90k chips from playing the game, not from dupes, you have no crystals, and then this is your reward at the end of the month? 190 4* shards? If someone gets 10k and is not confident they can hit 100k, this conversion is not an incentive to keep playing and topping arena anyway, it's a reason to give up and not try. It's just not worth the effort. There is no reason for them to spend or do extra raids in the raid event than what they'd normally do anyway. There's nothing to make them play more than normal or to spend more than normal.

For example, I've already hit 100k this month and I'm questioning the point in even playing this last galv arena. I can get.. 2 shards. So all I'm playing for is the pbc and arena crystals. 1/3 of my rewards just evaporated.
  • The top 30 I referred to was a guess that members of the top 30 alliances could access the 4* featured. That’s about 400 people, compared with 5 people in the old system. Maybe I’m overestimating, I dunno.

As for mid-tier rewards, Miike said the 3* can be repurchased multiple times. I guess we wait and see the price gradient, but there’s not much else they can do, is there?

Maybe increase the 4* shard conversion for left over chips...

I get your point about the feature being the focus of the month, butit was always that way. The only difference was there used to normally be two new bots as the focus of a month of events. So fewer new bots is def not as cool as more new bots, but I think that’s a different issue, isn’t it?
    Synthwave wrote: »
    So if the chips were meant for one purpose, then why did Kabam only make it possible to purchase one Galvatron from the get go? Better to underestimate than overestimate, right? So why not do for Galvatron what you're doing for Dinobot and allow him to be purchased again? I for one wouldn't mind paying the amount it would cost to purchase a second Dinobot, only for Galvatron.

Because honestly, the 500:1 rate for 4 star shards is not worth it for me (100:1 would be more reasonable in my opinion) nor would the PBC's, which, let's face it, for all intents and purposes are 2-star crystals. That said, I'd rather take another Galvatron with my chips, please and thank you. =)
    You can buy a second galvatron look in your store...
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    We all know that was not intended and yes I did grab it. I'm saying they should put another one up for 140k (yes I have enough chips to buy it).