Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus Nullify Is known to not work correctly

When will this be fixed? It does not nullify melee buffs 100%. It’s been brought up before, I submitted a video with absolute proof to support only to get a reply that makes no sense and contradicts the evidence in the video.

Comments

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I didn't pay much attention since I don't use him much. I have noticed his shots nullify attack buffs occasionally. Motermaster specifically. I haven't read his information recently so are you sure it's a 100% chance per shot?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    I didn't pay much attention since I don't use him much. I have noticed his shots nullify attack buffs occasionally. Motermaster specifically. I haven't read his information recently so are you sure it's a 100% chance per shot?

It is 100% to nullify an attack or melee buff. Honestly it's not even that it's broken and would take time to fix. The video I took clearly shows it doesn't work, which i've shown to others, yet two people from support basically said it's working. It's frankly baffling. They also say nullify doesn't work when unstoppable but I've proven this both with Magnus in the same video as MM is charging me and after he uses s2 I nullify and I've done it countless times on MM and Megatron with Starscream.
  • I have seen Nullify come up so rarely from Ultra Magnus that I only thought it was a glitch or some mastery I hadn't heard of yet. I never knew he had it, that it worked 100% of the time or that it was supposed to hit all melee buffs.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    It's supposed to be 100% but it's more like 50-70%, I would land 3 shots on motormaster to nullify one melee buff, when all 3 should erase one buff each, you peeps at kabam need to fix this, it's not working properly, also buff up UMs heavy range, to add shock on crit or nullify as well.
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    It's supposed to be 100% but it's more like 50-70%, I would land 3 shots on motormaster to nullify one melee buff, when all 3 should erase one buff each, you peeps at kabam need to fix this, it's not working properly, also buff up UMs heavy range, to add shock on crit or nullify as well.

With only one bot per month they definitely need to fix and balance bots.
    gbyvpf530ywc.gif

Proof.
  • Hey y'all!

We were able to confirm that there's an issue going on with this and currently have our teams looking into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm sorry it's been impacting gameplay. :(

When I have more info, I'll drop by with it.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Hey y'all!

We were able to confirm that there's an issue going on with this and currently have our teams looking into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm sorry it's been impacting gameplay. :(

When I have more info, I'll drop by with it.

Priase the Primus, they have seen the light of the spark, can you suggest a additional effect to his heavy range too? Like shock damage, Magnus could use it to make him a more versatile contender.
    Any chance this fix made it into maintenance, or soon?
    @Kabam Vydious just checking in. Can we expect a fix sometime soon? He really is the only one with a broken ability and the 100% nullify would go a long way against MM and Grim in AM.

Just trying to show my Magnus love.
    I realize I may be the only person pushing this but when it works Magnus is actually usable. For example I used him on Expert special mission and nullify did trigger nearly every shot on Motormastwr and it made a huge difference. I also realized it would combat the courage buff at 100%, it doesn’t do it now because so often another ranged hit does not nullify and triggers courage again.

Hopefully this is making it into November’s update.
  • kranders wrote: »
    I realize I may be the only person pushing this but when it works Magnus is actually usable. For example I used him on Expert special mission and nullify did trigger nearly every shot on Motormastwr and it made a huge difference. I also realized it would combat the courage buff at 100%, it doesn’t do it now because so often another ranged hit does not nullify and triggers courage again.

Hopefully this is making it into November’s update.

Your not alone. I use my 4* Magnus all the time now. Anything that makes him even more awesome is great with me.
    @Kabam Miike you’ve obviously been on a lot today and there are some bigger issues but... Begging for an update here. Any fix coming?
    Hoping a UM fix comes soon. Especially with this announcement on the new map his nullify must be fixed! It shouldn’t be that hard.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I've got a 4* UM that I love to pieces, and I agree his nullify needs to be fixed. I don't think he needs shock like Starscream, since Starscream is more of a glass cannon while Magnus is built more for tanking, but maybe a minor burn chance on heavies?
    I had made a separate thread on balancing thoughts but yes I also use him and his nullify acting as designed is key. If anything they need to fix his specials. It used to apply armor break based on stacks. Now it does nothing unless they have armor so it’s nothing great against a lot.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike I realize posting multiple topics is against forum guidelines however this post has existed for almost two months. With the new content rolled out having the bots working correctly is huge.

I also realize the priority of fixing the AS map but if Starscream's nullify is working at 100% albeit with armor buffs also how hard is it to fix Magnus?

Taking down MM miniboss shows how big of a difference maker this is.

We're asked to dig deep into our roster but some bots like him and Rhinox nullify are not working properly.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited December 2017
    kranders wrote: »
    We're asked to dig deep into our roster but some bots like him and Rhinox nullify are not working properly.
    I like how Rhinox's SP1 works now (100% chance to bleed, buff or not). This really boosts Rhinox.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Ultra Magnus awakened ability should change!!! Make it a stun at the end of combo or Stun after every end of his specials!! will make him much more viable in game since his damage mechanics are terrible! Only strong on defense but weak on everything else!!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Davien wrote: »
    Ultra Magnus awakened ability should change!!! Make it a stun at the end of combo or Stun after every end of his specials!! will make him much more viable in game since his damage mechanics are terrible! Only strong on defense but weak on everything else!!

I agree his Sig is terrible and needs some rework, but giving him stun at the end of every special or combo is overpowered, man.

There's a reason they nerfed stun on sideswipe, and mirage.

And UM isn't weak, he's just niche. He can do a lot of damage against the correct opponent... Just gotta learn to use him.

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Manthro wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

I agree his Sig is terrible and needs some rework, but giving him stun at the end of every special or combo is overpowered, man.

There's a reason they nerfed stun on sideswipe, and mirage.

And UM isn't weak, he's just niche. He can do a lot of damage against the correct opponent... Just gotta learn to use him.
    Just a suggestion since that massive hammer is likely to give a bad headache to any bot! Lol. Don’t mind anything else as long as it’s better than the current sig -_-
    I’ve also found that Magnus is not getting stacks from every hit against grindor. Seems to only be him but there are hits not triggering his stacks. I have video.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike going to keep asking when Magnus is going to get fixed. Just cost me in AM because starting a fight against a fully buffed MM is crap. Landed 4 ranged shots and no nullify.

This is going on months now and still can’t get fixed.

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    At the risk of being annoying, this really needs to be in the next update. Ultra Magnus needs his nullify to work as described on his info page, or else his info page needs to be updated to reflect that his nullify chance is about 40% right now.
    CandKane wrote: »
    At the risk of being annoying, this really needs to be in the next update. Ultra Magnus needs his nullify to work as described on his info page, or else his info page needs to be updated to reflect that his nullify chance is about 40% right now.

Amen!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    All Kranders wants for Christmas is 100% Nullify on Ultra Magnus. Is that too much to ask, Kabam!

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

He's gotta have more nullify, baby.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    All Kranders wants for Christmas is 100% Nullify on Ultra Magnus. Is that too much to ask, Kabam!

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

He's gotta have more nullify, baby.

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more nullify!
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    His 100% nulify is still not 100%. Why is this still broken?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Forget our two front teeth, all we want for Christmas is our 100% UM Nullify!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I'm sure after they investigate, Kabam will report everything is working as expected. The description was just wrong and will be updated shortly :p