Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What Device Are You On?

With all the bugs, lag, crashing and what not occurring in the game atm, I thought it might be beneficial for people to list their device they play on and what kind of bugs they regularly get. I think a list might help the devs narrow down the list of devices they should be focusing on trying to hammer bugs out for while giving players an idea of what devices may or may not be good or bad for playing the game.

Device: LG G5
Common Bugs: Very rare lag, very rare freezing, occasional spectators
Additional device comments: I've found since launch that my G5 has performed very well with the game and have been very fortunate that I have not even remotely come close to experiencing the frustration a lot of players have had with bugs, glitches and crashes.

Speak up guys and lets see if we can't help out each other a little and maybe point the devs in better directions.

Comments

• Are you sure? at best you'd get 2-5 responses. But the devs have access to data on device type for every single player and every downloader of the game. I don't think they're gonna rely on a voluntary poll of forum respondents :)
  • The primary idea is for players not devs. I've been here long enough and seen enough to know that two groups of players have the biggest issues with the game.

Apple and Samsung users.

As I don't have access to the data Kabam does I'm curious if I'm right. Along the way if it helps the devs, cool. Otherwise I'm satisfying my own curiosity.

And because we're 7 months in and I still see the same devices having the biggest issues.
  • Oh. Well, I don't really understand, but whatever, I don't need to. I'm on iPhone7 and rarely experience bugs other than a little bit of lag on occasion. I do see things like the spectator bots in raids, some display errors etc, but nothing that makes me furious with anger
  • JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Device: iPhone 6S Plus

OS version: 10.3.3

Game version: 4.0.0

Common bug: Excessive lag due to overheating

Additional device comments: On LTE the game loads faster, but the device heats up faster. The solution is to force close the game, turn off LTE & wait a few minutes. Removing the rubber & plastic protective case helps a lot.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    device : Samsung s8+
    os ver : Android 7.0
    game ver : 4.0.1

game freezes sometimes in AM
    game still crashes every now and then during raids, arena and also spotlight / special missions.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited November 2017
    oh. thought thread was closed just now
  • Device: Lenovo A Plus
    Problems: Lag, Slow loading, Bad quality graphics.
    Do we have to waste our money on really expensive devices just to play this game?
  • DGB684 wrote: »
    Do we have to waste our money on really expensive devices just to play this game?

Unfortunately as with PCs, they dont last for forever. My G5 is currently $250 US. I wouldn't call that expensive when a new top model phone runs 700+.
  • Nexus 6 Android 7.1.1
    The game crashes at the loading screen for the majority of AM fights.
  • IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    Device: Samsung S8+
    Os ver: Android 7.0
    Processor : Exynos 8895

Game Crashes in story,special mission,arena,raid and alliance mission.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    get the new iPhone 8/Plus/X.. no lag .. super fast load times. no crashes. I'm playing on my iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb. Vast improvement compared to when I played it on iPhone 6 (super slow loading) and Honor 8 (constant lags). The new A11 bionic chip on 8 and X is a marvel.. read more about it here:
    http://www.businessinsider.my/a11-bionic-iphone-x-more-powerful-than-a-2017-macbook-pro-2017-9/?r=UK&IR=T

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/23/inside-iphone-8-apples-a11-bionic-introduces-5-new-custom-silicon-engines

if you really love this game and have the spare cash go for it. Will do well for your other games too in future.
  • Davien wrote: »
    get the new iPhone 8/Plus/X.. no lag .. super fast load times. no crashes. I'm playing on my iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb. Vast improvement compared to when I played it on iPhone 6 (super slow loading) and Honor 8 (constant lags). The new A11 bionic chip on 8 and X is a marvel..

if you really love this game and have the spare cash go for it. Will do well for your other games too in future.

This is another reason I started the post. For those that honestly don't have issues and want to pass it on to fellow players what device they use. Obviously most players are not going to go out and buy a new phone just for this game but there are lots of players out there that may feel it's time to upgrade and the game may factor into which phone they want. Thanks @Davien
  • I'm due for a new phone in a couple days so this thread is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like iPhone is in the lead right now, any others with semi smooth operation? Thank you guys so much!
    Yeap on the new iPhones game loads damn fast and u can play tons of battles on it without overheating , crash, or lag. Thank me here once u experience it yourself lol. Any of the new iPhones have the same chip so you'll get the same result.
    Just be sure to get a good casing like UAG Plasma (I'm using) since the phone is pretty slippery due to glass back. It's back will break too if felled on. Glass due to wireless charging feature it only works with glass or plastic. Won't work if the iPhone back is metal.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Like I said in OP, I use a LG G5 Android phone. G6 is out if you want top model. I have no discernable problems. Phone has never overheated, has always been quick on load. On top of one of the best cameras and a now incredibly reasonable price. Lifeproof case has held up well too for it.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    iphone 7+ ios 11.0.3
    get weird freezes and lags, phone overheats quickly causing lag and seem to experience frame drops. spectator bug used to happen but not any more
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    (...) I've been here long enough and seen enough to know that two groups of players have the biggest issues with the game.

Apple and Samsung users.
    (...)

Well, is that not the two biggest providers of phones? It seems natural it would be them affected. It would have been even smoother if you wrote the two biggest groups affected was Android and iOS users lol
    edited November 2017
    Like I said in OP, I use a LG G5 Android phone. G6 is out if you want top model. I have no discernable problems. Phone has never overheated, has always been quick on load. On top of one of the best cameras and a now incredibly reasonable price. Lifeproof case has held up well too for it.

try record 3 raids in a row as smooth as this.. let's see who's phone wins? Anyone with an Android up for the challenge? Below is the video recorded on my iPhone 8 Plus (yeap iOS11 can now record the screen):

All 3 raids completed in 12:54 .. without a single lag, crash, overheat.. + I was recording the game-play throughout on my phone. There's additional debris on the ground, more sparks flying around when hit, overall higher graphics output likely due to the game detecting the device able to do so.. video best watched in 1080p - exactly how i see it on my phone.

• Soon as I've got raid tickets. How long you want? I've raided an hour straight with no problems. Longest session of doing mixed stuff was around 4 hours straight. No crashes, lag, overheating. That included arena, raids, story, AM, more raids, arena and story.
  • @Danhansen why would I list Android? I use android and have had next to no problems. Samsung users on other hand are having lots of issues. Most of the other android users with problems tend to be those with much older phones which isn't androids fault.
  • I like how the first person who responded to this thread "didnt understand" its point and then goes on to say they have never experienced any crashes or major bugs other than the occasional spectator during a fight. CLEARLY, this thread isnt aimed at you people, lol.

iPad Air
    Under iOS 11+
    - Screen gets stuck at the loading fight screen forever. You eventually will hear the fight start but all you can see is the loading screen.
    -Under iOS 10.3.3
    - Game crashes fairly often (although it seems less since last version of game).

NVIDIA Shield Tablet
    - Game crashes constantly
    - Device gets very warm
    - Battery drains very quickly
    - Lags during fights (seems to have gotten worse since the last update)
    - Difficult and sometimes impossible to use chat in game - in game keyboard keeps closing or will crash the game
    - Unable to switch out of the game and back into it without the game restarting

Samsung Galaxy S7
    - Game crashes sometimes
    - Big battery drain
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    The primary idea is for players not devs. I've been here long enough and seen enough to know that two groups of players have the biggest issues with the game.

Apple and Samsung users.

Disagree entirely here... those just happen to be your two biggest groups... so obviously they're going to be the ones screaming the loudest. I'm very confident that nearly every issue Samsung users are grappling with extend to other Android devices as well.

Apple having their own issues makes all the sense in the world, but there is not enough that sets Samsung phones apart from other Androids that would contribute to them experiencing the glut of issues.

My devices....

Device: HTC 10

Common Bugs: The typical "freezing" that all Android users experience. Screen freezes randomly mid-fight... after about 8-15 seconds, the game stutters forward a bit, followed by a minor freeze, and then back to normal. Usually messes up any combos, tends to follow up with a counter combo by the AI. Game is butter smooth both before and after the freezing.

Additional device comments: Due to Line and all the space that it takes up until I clear data, this phone is usually pretty full. I think that having extra disk space clear when you are playing TFTF will contribute greatly to whether or not you see the freezing up bug.

Device: LG V30

Common Bugs: Same bug that is described above, however it is far less frequent. I think I have seen this about once per week on this device, whereas I would see it probably daily or every other day on the other device, sometimes multiple times per day.

Additional device comments: As you might expect from a new phone, I have a lot more space free on it. I also do not have Line on this device as I am afraid of messing up my gaming experience with all the background crap and stuff Line downloads (embedded pictures, mostly).

If you are intent on sticking with Android and not going to Apple, or if you have heard that Apple offers a superior experience, but have never been keen on Apple phones, the LG V30 is a fantastic option on Android and plays this game about as close to flawlessly as I have seen.

It offers the same level of graphics detail that you see on iPhones, at the same high frame rates, and offers you a beautiful 18:9 aspect ratio with NO NOTCH ;). Similar experiences can also be found on the Pixel 2, and Note 8 / s8+.
    record 3 raids in a row like what I did above, shared it to youtube and post the link here.

Talk is cheap... we need to see it for ourselves.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    I will record a bit tomorrow... But I'm going to record from another phone with the camera and just put the game on auto play, because really the thing that makes the experience stand out is the aspect ratio. Otherwise it is like any other phone that can play this game smoothly with the extra lighting and smoke effects turned on.

Either way, I'm not a fanboy. I couldn't care less what people choose, just letting people who are interested in Android know that the v30 is an excellent device to be playing this game on.
  • Alright, I went ahead and recorded two videos... One is from an external camera to provide my perspective when playing. The other is captured from the device and gives you more accurate color reproduction and brightness... however, I used the first capture program I found on the Play store and didn't go in to tweaking the configuration, so the video capture program drops some frames on that video. Since you can see on the first video that the game plays completely smooth, it is obvious that the capture program is dropping the frames -- it played 100% smoothly when it was recording.

Also, loading times are certainly longer than the iPhone 8 / X, but they are even longer on the 2nd video because I was pretty far from my router and it slowed loading times as a result. The first video was recorded near a wifi repeater, so those loading times are more accurate.

Oh, and note the extra space this aspect ratio provides you in the bot selection screen. Nice added benefit.

I decided to provide links so the video would play in the youtube app instead of embed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s7o_gezz9Po

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JuCG40skALQ
    ^thanks for sharing.. yea load times is where it is lacking. But still pretty smooth gameplay there B)
  • Samsung Galaxy S8.
    Last week many crashes, after 2nd or 3rd fight. Overheating very fast.
    This week after update, very little or no crash, but lag, freeze, frame rate drop, stuttering during fight. No overheating.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    The bugs happen on all devices, blame Kabam
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    The bugs happen on all devices, blame Kabam

Funny. You say all devices but didn't bother to watch any of the vids showing otherwise. If you can't be constructive in this thread, please don't post.

As for me, I've got to re-record. I recorded about 30 straight minutes yesterday only to find out after that my vid capture ap ended up corrupting and what was saved was at super fast playback. Kind of funny to watch but will spare you guys.