Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Future of Alliance Missions

Commanders, we have some exciting intel to share with you all regarding the future of Alliance Missions!

You have let us know that if there is one thing you can’t seem to have enough of, it’s Gold, and quite often many of you are finding yourself short on the shiny stuff. Previously, we have tried to aid the situation by making The Forgotten Realms Map completely free, and by removing the Gold cost on Difficulties 1-15 on the Shattered Lands Map. We’ve also run a few weeks of free Alliance Missions, and definitely took note when you all told us how much more you enjoyed those weeks.

So, starting November 30th, there will no longer be any cost associated with starting an Alliance Mission Map.

This will help alleviate the bottleneck Commanders have been experiencing with Gold, and free you all up to use your resources to Rank Up Bots and Mods. Gold reward payout values will be reduced to account for the free entry.

Now, it’s very important to note that we will not be returning Gold that is already in your Alliance Treasury. To get the most of your Gold already donated, ensure that you do not donate more than you need to, and use up your gold treasury before November 30th’s Alliance Missions commence!

We will be disabling all donations to the Treasury following the conclusion of the final paid entry Alliance Mission series on Monday, November 27th. Any remaining balance will stay in the treasury unable to be used, so only donate what is needed!.

But wait! That’s not all!

You’ve all come a long way since the game’s launch, and some Alliances have already started to play on, or are approaching, Difficulty 100. Which means, we are now ready to introduce the next Challenge!

With the Alliance Missions starting on November 30th, we’ll be introducing a brand new map, the Ancient Sanctum! Ancient Sanctum will be more difficult than the Shattered Lands map and require more teamwork, but the rewards will be worth the extra effort!

More information on the new map will be coming as we move closer to the launch, so stay tuned!

We hope that you all are looking forward to these improvements, and are as excited as we are!

Questions? Ask them here!

Tagged:

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    That's great to hear. Thank you Kabam.

Will there be any changes to the rank rewards?
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    will there be t3 class spark available with the new map?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Great news!
  • Awesome, now let's see 4-day AM with a 5-day window as described here, and you've reversed all that was bad from the October update!
  • Best news I’ve heard in awhile.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Will we be able to bring more than 3 bots to AM ?
  • I'm happy to wait and see how this shakes out. Thanks for the news Mike!
  • JKL wrote: »
    That's great to hear. Thank you Kabam.

Will there be any changes to the rank rewards?

We are looking at changes to Rewards, but you'll have to wait and see!
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    Will we be able to bring more than 3 bots to AM ?

We're still only allowing 3 Bots in Alliance Missions. You'll have to continue to choose your Difficulty wisely!
  • HoldonHoldon Posts: 58
    Amazing.. thank you so very much
  • Any chance of enabling gifting of gold and ore within alliances so to donors can be reimbursed from those that haven't paid into treasuries?
  • * top donors
  • Awesome! Looking forward to this B)
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    amazing news, good job Kabam dudes
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    So what’s going to happen to the excess gold that’s in the alliance treasury? If I have my figures done correctly for the alliance missions my alliance runs, we will have about 1.5 million in gold left over on Nov 30th. Where is that going? Why can’t my alliance members have that back?
  • Will you make changes where the rank rewards are now only for each map not total points in the leaderboard?

This will help alliances grow and get stronger to try and compete in the new maps, and not have them be left behind because their score is so much lower than the alliances that can complete the new map.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    WarCat wrote: »
    So what’s going to happen to the excess gold that’s in the alliance treasury? If I have my figures done correctly for the alliance missions my alliance runs, we will have about 1.5 million in gold left over on Nov 30th. Where is that going? Why can’t my alliance members have that back?

Perhaps do some Math so that the amount you put in on the second last day is just nice for the last day so everything is all used up nicely??
  • WarCat wrote: »

Run higher AM to burn off that gold and get better rewards? There are more important things Kabam needs to focus on instead of figuring out how to return excess gold. They are giving plenty of notice to use up the treasury.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This is great news! Looking forward to it
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    WarCat wrote: »

Use some math and run higher difficulty over the next 2-3 AM. If done correctly, you probably won't run more than 3-5 levels higher than your current usual. Test your mettle. Good opportunity to see what you are all truly capable of.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    removing gold costs is an excellent idea. Hopefully this means diff 15 will stop being done by half the players and give top 150.

With the mention of map 3 needing more teamwork.. can that be elaborated? Does it mean splits of more than 4, a longer route needing more collective energy?

Who will map 3 be aimed for? Not just people that can do diff 100, right?

I think we need a map overview, because it's very hard (impossible at times) to know from in game where someone is if they're not near you or what nodes haven't been cleared if they're not near your current position.

Knowing how much energy other people in the bg have would also be helpful but not as mandatory as a map overview.
  • They will give more info about map 3 in time.
    It won't be aimed for just d100 people. Should encompass a lot of people but it's also dependant on what mods they use.
    411 will have an overview within a week or so of the map being out. (Hopefully)
  • I don't quite understand this change with the gold. If the issue is that we don't have much gold, then removing the actual gold return to a lower amount in AM will make this whole thing moot. It only works if you KEEP the gold returns the same, but don't charge any gold to start AM. Otherwise we are back to square one with nothing gained in gold anyway. If the point was so we could have more gold, then we actually need to earn the gold in AM and not lose it. Currently running high maps evens out anyway with return vs expenditure, so I don't really get the point of this. If you really want to reward us gold so we can level up (since you have basically hamstrung gold since the new arenas), then actually leave the gold rewards the same and lose the startup cost at the same time. You don't reduce the gold return, as it makes this a useless exercise. Please comment on this. thanks.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited November 2017
    So at d100 we lose 150k a week vs return and free a.m. with any positive return is a positive gain. Not sure where any math says that’s bad

With that said am changes all look great hopefully some change in rewards to help make some lower allies feel its worth pushing for higher rewards comes with this
  • Commanders, we have some exciting intel to share with you all regarding the future of Alliance Missions!

You have let us know that if there is one thing you can’t seem to have enough of, it’s Gold, and quite often many of you are finding yourself short on the shiny stuff. Previously, we have tried to aid the situation by making The Forgotten Realms Map completely free, and by removing the Gold cost on Difficulties 1-15 on the Shattered Lands Map. We’ve also run a few weeks of free Alliance Missions, and definitely took note when you all told us how much more you enjoyed those weeks.

So, starting November 30th, there will no longer be any cost associated with starting an Alliance Mission Map.

This will help alleviate the bottleneck Commanders have been experiencing with Gold, and free you all up to use your resources to Rank Up Bots and Mods. Gold reward payout values will be reduced to account for the free entry.

Now, it’s very important to note that we will not be returning Gold that is already in your Alliance Treasury. To get the most of your Gold already donated, ensure that you do not donate more than you need to, and use up your gold treasury before November 30th’s Alliance Missions commence!

We will be disabling all donations to the Treasury following the conclusion of the final paid entry Alliance Mission series on Monday, November 27th. Any remaining balance will stay in the treasury unable to be used, so only donate what is needed!.

But wait! That’s not all!

You’ve all come a long way since the game’s launch, and some Alliances have already started to play on, or are approaching, Difficulty 100. Which means, we are now ready to introduce the next Challenge!

With the Alliance Missions starting on November 30th, we’ll be introducing a brand new map, the Ancient Sanctum! Ancient Sanctum will be more difficult than the Shattered Lands map and require more teamwork, but the rewards will be worth the extra effort!

More information on the new map will be coming as we move closer to the launch, so stay tuned!

We hope that you all are looking forward to these improvements, and are as excited as we are!

Questions? Ask them here!

What's next mounth improved bot ?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    any positive net gold is good - end of discussion. I manage to get enough gold even with donations, just gotta run quests and make sure you are doing some arena and be patient.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    What will this mean for the map crystal shards we earn?

Will the rewards for these shards be updated with better rewards (Shattered Lands crystal rewards are getting pretty dated) or will adding a third map mean that the better rewards will just be on that map?

Just trying to figure out if I need to be hoarding my Shattered Lands crystals if they're going to be upgrading rewards or if the upgraded rewards will just now be in Map 3.

Thanks, and looking forward to the new content.
  • This will be a new map. So it'll come with a new crystal. Like forgotten ruins, shattered lands and whatever they name map 3. You can wait for the official word if you'd like...but I'm fairly confident rewards and crystals will be changing a lot.