Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Proposal for a Thanksgiving / Black Friday Sales Event

Dear Kabam,

I have been playing this game daily for months now, and I have often thought about buying something with actual money, as a way to give back to you for creating such a great game. I am a pretty frugal guy, and $20 would be my limit. I have not really seen something that I would want to drop cash on before, so here is an idea for your consideration that would get a person like me to part with some money:

Once a year, allow players to buy one barebones 4* bot of their choice for $20.

While this may not sound like a lot of money, and you may be worried about the economy of the game, just think of how many players would spend $20 on a bot they have a burning desire for. How many people play this game? How many people grind away in the arena or in raids for a chance to earn/buy 4* crystal shards week after week?

You could even limit the choices to the bots in the PBCs, to not effect those wanting to buy featured bots.

Thank you for your consideration.
-M

Someone should make a poll for this....

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I would definitely buy it.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    me too!
  • $20...are you nuts haha

Only way I am spending $20 dollars is if it comes with enough resources to get me to fully leveled rank 3 4 star.
  • $20...are you nuts haha

Only way I am spending $20 dollars is if it comes with enough resources to get me to fully leveled rank 3 4 star.

Your loss man. $20 for a 4* of choice would be utterly amazing and while I don't spend much if anything anymore, I would def drop 20 for bot of choice
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    $20...are you nuts haha

Your loss man. $20 for a 4* of choice would be utterly amazing and while I don't spend much if anything anymore, I would def drop 20 for bot of choice

No way...it would cost you more than $20 just to be able to use the character in Alliance missions and Expert Special missions. All of the resources needed to rank up 4* bots makes having an army of 4 stars useless unless you have been graced with the thought process to spend even more money then you ever should on a game with micro transactions, or a good alliance to farm resources, or luck with crystals to pull the resources.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd totally buy a 4* for $20
  • RhinoxRhinox Posts: 20
    Even for 99$ they only give u one choice for MV1 Prime in the past , what u expect with 20$?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    $20...are you nuts haha

zlorhxylsx54.gif
  • No way...it would cost you more than $20 just to be able to use the character in Alliance missions and Expert Special missions. All of the resources needed to rank up 4* bots makes having an army of 4 stars useless unless you have been graced with the thought process to spend even more money then you ever should on a game with micro transactions, or a good alliance to farm resources, or luck with crystals to pull the resources.

Well I happen to be graced with leading a great alliance that nets everyone in it some solid resources. I spend next to nothing on game and most I've ever spent at once was $50 way back for Soundwave crystals. I really wanted that bot.

But you assume most people would be buying a fresh 4* and in some cases, absolutely. Lots out there dying to get their dream bot in 4* and they won't care about ranking costs. It would cost me nothing to rank the 4* of my choice tho because I already have it. I would be buying the dupe I need to awaken his Signature. And, again, yes I would be all over that for $20
  • KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    Well of course, most of us would happily spend $20 for a bit of choice. Don’t hold your breathe though. Kabam wouldn’t sell give you even 500 4* shards for $20. Last time they sold a 4* bot (without a choice) it was $99.
  • Well naturally. The odds of seeing a deal like this for Black Friday or at any time is about as rare as a 4* from a PBC shard crystal. Doesn't change the wishful thinking tho
  • So for who ever said $20 was crazy lost his mind they normally caost $100! I would buy one and half my alliance one to at that price
  • Manthro wrote: »
    $20...are you nuts haha

zlorhxylsx54.gif

Your response is the exact response I would be looking for.
  • DewDrawl wrote: »
    So for who ever said $20 was crazy lost his mind they normally caost $100! I would buy one and half my alliance one to at that price

Who spends $100 on just the barebones bot.

I am very happy to say that Kabam you will never make more than $60 total from me.

$100 for something useless...totally nuts.

$20 for something useless...minimally nuts
  • @MeatShield72 how you think that it's useless is beyond me. You must not have any r2 or higher unduped 4* bots or you might be singing a different tune. However, this thread is about how nice a deal it would be. Not how Kabam will never get another dime from @MeatShield72 .
  • I make sure when I go to the movies that the movie is shown on an analog projector. They're crazy if they think they're taking my $20 for something digital.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    @MeatShield72 how you think that it's useless is beyond me. You must not have any r2 or higher unduped 4* bots or you might be singing a different tune. However, this thread is about how nice a deal it would be. Not how Kabam will never get another dime from @MeatShield72 .

I have a Rank 3 MV1 Prime, Rank 2 Prowl, Rank 2 Soundwave, Rank 1 Bludgeon and Rank 1 HotRod.

Without any resources to rank them up anymore, HotRod and Bludgeon are useless. Prowl and Soundwave are great...but without them being Rank 3 or higher it is hard to get better rewards in Alliance missions. MV1 Prime is fantastic.

All I am saying is that the deal is still nothing special. If it is a "barebones" bot it is useless. It has no meaning but canon fodder in arena. If you cannot rank it up right away, $20 is way too expensive.

Most people can buy a full game at $20 on sale and have a whole game to play, not just one character, that you have to spend another $20 on just to rank it up. You make the deal a four star and rank materials, then you have a good deal.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    DewDrawl wrote: »
    So for who ever said $20 was crazy lost his mind they normally caost $100! I would buy one and half my alliance one to at that price

Who spends $100 on just the barebones bot.

I am very happy to say that Kabam you will never make more than $60 total from me.

$100 for something useless...totally nuts.

$20 for something useless...minimally nuts

I’d spend $100 on 4* bumblebee. Twice if they let me.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    People are all entitled to buy offers or not buy just as you buy items in a store, never compare any form of a micro transaction game to a console game, two totally different things if you don’t like spending more than once obviously console games are what you should be playing.

Or play ftp and get most of it as you can. Progress at your own pace
  • You have to also understand, most of the people who spend a decent amount on this game ONLY spend on this game and only really play this game, and also understand that continued investment in this game helps to continue to grow and build the game.

If you have a budget to afford 6 games a year at $60 each... and instead you just play this game all year long and spend $300-400, how is it really any different?

I understand if you just don't have the money, but to pretend that everyone has the same income and that what is a value to you is the same to everyone else, is flat out lunacy.
  • Any update for Black Friday?
  • Any update for Black Friday?
    Yup.... there isn’t one.
    I'm guessing no Black Friday deal because Black Is just a US thing, or do people also act like animals to save $6 in other countries?
  • Black Friday has become the starting point of the holiday season for many countries outside of the US. I have several friends in the UK who tell me that their stores do Black Friday sales as well - its just typically not as crazy as it gets in the US though. Kabam has done sales on or around this day in the past, so it would not be that unusual for them to do something.

Normally the sales for the day come in the afternoon so I haven't given up hope yet:)
  • Sale is live now - current offers are:

30 Day Login Cards
    $29.99 for
    300 T2 Alpha Sparks Per Day (9000 total)
    1000 T2 Alpha Essence Now
    3 T2 Class Spark Crystals

$19.99 for
    600 T3 Basic Spark Essence Per Day (18000 total)
    2000 T3 Basic Spark Essence Now
    x3 T2 Class Spark Crystals