Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Now is the time to end the 5 am nonsense

You did us west coasters wrong in a major way by a 12 hour shift, since you guys massively messed up at least meet In a middle ground, restart am's, and do it at 12 pm pst... Lunch for us, 5 energy for est, 5 am is absolutely rubbish for am start and you know it being based out of San Francisco

Comments

• With Alliance Missions having a duration of 24 hrs, any fixed starting time will be painful for some timezone.

My suggestion, extend the Missions from 24 hrs to 30 hrs. Therefore, each round of AM will start 30 hrs from the start of the previous round. Every timezone will share in a little bit of the pain of an awkward start time.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2681/4-day-am-with-a-5-day-window#latest

This above link is easily the best solution as long as it is feasible on the back end for Kabam. Allowing everyone to effectively choose their start time and if they prefer weekend AM or weekday AM. I think this is the way to go.

BTW, might I add -- the new AM with 6 lanes is only going to exacerbate the awful AM schedule issues for most North Americans as well as alliances with a few people who are international in a primarily NA alliance.
  • It's a nice idea if Kabam will agree to it. On the other hand, my idea has the benefit of simplicity, they just change the AM duration from 24hr to 30hr.

> the new AM with 6 lanes is only going to exacerbate the awful AM schedule issues for most

This would be another benefit of a 30 hr long AM: more time to finish the harder Map 3 lanes.
  • cml007cml007 Posts: 38
    I actually don't mind the extension to 30 hours, basically equates to an extra day anyway while keeping bots fairly entwined
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Having 30 hour AMs isn't great either, maybe for the first day but every other day following is starting later and later. I would think people prefer set schedules for each day.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    There are more places in the world than the west coast of America you know
    DaveJL wrote: »

And a gradual change to a middle ground would be fine in my small portion of the west coast opposed to a full 12 hour switch
    Jscrilla wrote: »

Why even respond if that is all you have to add to the discussion?

I did make it sound American central to be fair but 5 pm to 5 am has been/is absurd

I make a valid point, more so than your drivel to just call me out.

This dude has basically just said it needs changing because where it used to suit him, it now doesn’t. Well, for those that used to have to start AM at 5am, it now starts at 5pm. If it meets in the middle then inevitably someone somewhere will also end up with a 5am start. There is never an ideal start, but honestly I have only ever seen Americans complain about it. Maybe you guys have the biggest region and therefore it is valid, but who knows, just saying that there are other places in the world to consider.

Now, jscrilla, shut up or say something worthwhile next time.
    edited November 2017

This dude has basically just said it needs changing because where it used to suit him, it now doesn’t. Well, for those that used to have to start AM at 5am, it now starts at 5pm. If it meets in the middle then inevitably someone somewhere will also end up with a 5am start. There is never an ideal start, but honestly I have only ever seen Americans complain about it. Maybe you guys have the biggest region and therefore it is valid, but who knows, just saying that there are other places in the world to consider.

Your "valid point" is only in your limited mind. Sounds like you have issues bro, get over yourself. The OP makes a legimate point if a high percentage of the player base is in that region. For you to chime in with sarcasm and anti-American sentiment just shows you are butthurt over something in life. Good luck little guy. Lol

lmfao what on earth are you talking about? How would you even know IF most of the player base is there? Or are you just making more self centred assumptions?

In thinking about everyone, how is my mind limited? You’re seriously handicapped in the IQ department “bro”

Just checked your profile - I see you have more abuse flags than most, and in general you don’t seem to be able to make any good points. Good luck trying to make me look stupid, it will be good practise for you
  • DaveJL wrote: »

Your "valid point" is only in your limited mind. Sounds like you have issues bro, get over yourself. The OP makes a legimate point if a high percentage of the player base is in that region. For you to chime in with sarcasm and anti-American sentiment just shows you are butthurt over something in life. Good luck little guy. Lol

lmfao what on earth are you talking about? => SNIP<= it will be good practise for you

No dog in this but for future reference; it's spelled P R A C T I C E
  • Back on track FWIW, I'm in favor of kabam offering three starting times for alliances to choose from. Awards would be delayed but that's a small compromise players would have to take
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Back on track FWIW, I'm in favor of kabam offering three starting times for alliances to choose from. Awards would be delayed but that's a small compromise players would have to take

This isn't a bad idea, I don't mind a bit of a wait on rewards if it means I don't have to wake up stupid early every morning to clear my lane before AM ends.
  • Soulforged666Soulforged666 Posts: 11
    edited November 2017
    In our alliance we just start it 2-3 hours later on the first day. We are active enough to get all 4 days run with just a push on the last day of the round. We started out by doing a lower level on the last due to the shorter time to finish but as long as everyone stays active we can finish each AM in 10-14 hours easy. Pop a few energon for AM energy when cutting it close and its done.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I think if they tacked extra 10hrs on to AM in general on the last day the whole time issue would be resolved. Majority of AM team on The west coast? Cool start at 8am est problem solved. Instread of it being 96 hrs it would be 106hrs. This would offset start time issues for almost 90% of us.

It’s either that or Kabam can change the start time which they may but extra time would be better. Remember the last time when they gave us extra time after the AM would let us do 1hour missions? EST started at 1pm and yeah it sucked to push to be done in 10 hrs. But you know what everyone was awake in our bgs. So it seemed to work out pretty well.
  • If they give us full 5 energy to start instead of 3, will this help?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    If they give us full 5 energy to start instead of 3, will this help?

If they just took away alliance energy, that would solve it all. I don't think it could be abused considering you can only run one AM per day. Alliances could start when they want and blast through them at a time best suited for them.

• @tekkn1kal idea is a bit better than the 30 hour AM as the 30 hr would shift start time by 6 hours every new "day" while Tekks idea allows for a set start time that works best for the individual AMs while giving room to get 4 days of AM in over 5 days.

Typical American narrow mindedness that embarrasses me. For us, yup, it's practice. For him, it's practise. Learn that there are differences in US and British English before you go calling someone out.

He is absolutely right. There are more places than just the west coast of US. Lots more. As has been said already, it doesn't matter what time AM has fixed start, it will always be 5am in morning for someone. OP is upset because it is inconvenient for him. And it is true, it is inconvenient for many, but there are good ideas such as @tekkn1kal idea that benefits all and not just a "meet in the middle" fixed start time which still leaves many with awful start times.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    i think what's frustrating for many is the fact that AM was extended to weekends, as people don't want to be hassled by the obligation that AM demands especially at higher level.

lmfao what on earth are you talking about? => SNIP<= it will be good practise for you

aqlsd3lj3bt8.png

As Hired_Goon said. Now, @Humpyhampster go join Jscrilla and do one.

The solution may be a longer window in which to start and complete AM - personally I think that would be fine and shouldn’t be too hard to implement due to the time inbetween AM anyway.
    The other thing to consider is that no matter what time it starts for everyone, assuming we all live normal lives and don’t put ourselves out to play and we sleep at normal times for normal lengths of times, then we all end up getting the same amount of time to play overall. I guess the only snag is if it isn’t started in time then you end up wasting a couple of energy. But realistically, there is always someone who would be able to start AM, unless you have 18 members in the same timezone on the same life pattern
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited December 2017
    Lol you guys still going on about practice, and incorrectly too.

Humpy was right (whether it was intentional or a mistake, who knows).

For British (same as Australian English) Practice is for the noun, practise is for the verb. We don't use practise for the noun.

It will be good practice for you. <-- noun

You should practise the art of combos. <-- verb

Replace the word with another verb/noun to see which fits where.

e.g. It will be good practice for you --> it will be good revision for you. / You should learn the art of combos.

I've seen this one come up on English tests in the past, it's a common mistake.

Now, about the actual topic, it's a really tough one. It's 5am somewhere is valid. About flexible time, something I just thought of, some alliances could use it to wait and see what the other alliances have done first and then get ahead of them my going up a diff higher, it's a bit extreme though. Probably still the best idea so far and a non-issue for the majority.
    JKL wrote: »
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    If they give us full 5 energy to start instead of 3, will this help?

If they just took away alliance energy, that would solve it all. I don't think it could be abused considering you can only run one AM per day. Alliances could start when they want and blast through them at a time best suited for them.

Probably the best idea in the thread, lol @ the people making blind assumptions about my "selfish motives" though
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    All I can think of...

74twv5n9ca1v.gif
  • If AM went for 5 days, but you could still only run 4 times, once per 24hrs beginning from when the alliance initiated AM, every alliance would be able to chose its own start time and the only cost would be a 24hr delay in rewards / ranks

Very easy way to please everyone
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    If AM went for 5 days, but you could still only run 4 times, once per 24hrs beginning from when the alliance initiated AM, every alliance would be able to chose its own start time and the only cost would be a 24hr delay in rewards / ranks

Very easy way to please everyone

Sounds familiar :)