Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bravo! Mike and Kabam

Perfect response to these isssues this morning. Kabam you attacked the issue fixed it and didn’t make the players feel like some how it was their fault. I am blown away with how good the response is to the bad morning in TFTF. You deserve a big THANK YOU. To players who don’t or haven’t played MCOC. this stuff happens a lot. It’s to be expected but if Kabam responds like this we should all be patient. I am very impressed.

Comments

• Oh yes, impeccable response time. We eternally grateful that you fixed the issue right away and claimed full responsibility for the incident. How could we ever repay you?
  • edited December 2017
    Oh yes, impeccable response time. We eternally grateful that you fixed the issue right away and claimed full responsibility for the incident. How could we ever repay you?

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, so could you explain why you believe we didn't take full responsibility for this situation?
  • Well i believe you did take responsibility. Not the entire post is sarcasm.
  • Oh yes, impeccable response time. We eternally grateful that you fixed the issue right away and claimed full responsibility for the incident. How could we ever repay you?

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, so could you explain why you believe we didn't take full responsibility for this situation?

I’m 100 percent sincere I real am impressed with this game. I appreciate your handeling of it. Off the subject I just experienced the randomized effect is that being looked at.
  • Kr_DCKr_DC Posts: 15
    I filed a ticket earlier after receiving dinobot chips (this was after I received some megatron chips for earlier pulls) but was told by kabam support that records showed I did not open any knight crystal from 21 Nov. I assume that I would get the correct megatron chips when the game is reset?

I asked because i am not sure if game has been reset yet and I still do not have the correct number of megatron chips in my inventory.

P.S. I had also mentioned this is an earlier forum thread.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Can't lie, thier quick response and attitude was very much impressive. No one get butthurt because they can't fix something right away, Kabam aren't gods! Or are they?? *lenny*
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited December 2017
    This post will probably sound like I'm an [Removed by Moderation], but this is their job. They have to make sure whatever bugs or issues spring up, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I will commend @Kabam Miike and co for doing their best when [Removed by Moderation] went haywire, as that's entirely out of their hand.

But as Terminal said, if the bar is this low to expect the game for not functioning properly and getting a fix or a bandaid solution, it just speaks volumes at how incompetent the lead game designer, lead network engineer, or even testers are whenever such things arise. Like it or not, despite the scale of this game globally and how complex Kabam may make it sound, there various competitors out there with just as complex and scaled products that function the way they are intended to be. This is not a satisfactory excuse especially when they have dropped the ball on so many occasions when content or a patch is released. There's a reason why there is a meme about Kabam fixing one issue, then 6 more take its place. That needs to be addressed, and I will praise Kabam as a whole when that is solved. Until then, I just feel bad for @Kabam Miike and co for dealing with whatever outrage may spring up as a result of incompetence.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    edited December 2017

that1guy wrote: »
    This post will probably sound like I'm an ****, but this is their job. They have to make sure whatever bugs or issues spring up, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I will commend @Kabam Miike and co for doing their best when **** went haywire, as that's entirely out of their hand.

But as Terminal said, if the bar is this low to expect the game for not functioning properly and getting a fix or a bandaid solution, it just speaks volumes at how incompetent the lead game designer, lead network engineer, or even testers are whenever such things arise. Like it or not, despite the scale of this game globally and how complex Kabam may make it sound, there various competitors out there with just as complex and scaled products that function the way they are intended to be. This is not a satisfactory excuse especially when they have dropped the ball on so many occasions when content or a patch is released. There's a reason why there is a meme about Kabam fixing one issue, then 6 more take its place. That needs to be addressed, and I will praise Kabam as a whole when that is solved. Until then, I just feel bad for @Kabam Miike and co for dealing with whatever outrage may spring up as a result of incompetence.

Hmmmm maybe they could bring back the Saturday crystal arena... And the old ranking rewards ;) Yes im still salty about this
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I’m thinking the people congratulating Kabam haven’t tried to play through the event on maximum difficulty...

Just wait till you get to SoundWave then get back to me...

That bug in particular is by far the most galling... a bad rollout can happen, issues with a new A.M. map and several new nodes, sure...

But the SoundWave bug proves something to me without a shadow of a doubt... no testers ran through the content before pushing it live. Literally every single member of my alliance has run into it, and I’m assuming the same is true for just about every top 10 or 20 alliance...

Did a tester play through an go... hmmm 600k damage... yep, that looks about right? Or did nobody frankly test it. I know which one I’m leaning towards...

So much for the flak Kabam takes, and so much of the BS Mike has to put up with, would all go away with better QA.
  • bo8mrk743rqv.gif
    I got slapped too...
  • xkcwnjs31j0r.gif
    I guess that's how Ironman felt....Tony Stark voice "damn mods"
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Serapth wrote: »
    I’m thinking the people congratulating Kabam haven’t tried to play through the event on maximum difficulty...

That bug in particular is by far the most galling... a bad rollout can happen, issues with a new A.M. map and several new nodes, sure...

But the SoundWave bug proves something to me without a shadow of a doubt... no testers ran through the content before pushing it live. Literally every single member of my alliance has run into it, and I’m assuming the same is true for just about every top 10 or 20 alliance...

Did a tester play through an go... hmmm 600k damage... yep, that looks about right? Or did nobody frankly test it. I know which one I’m leaning towards...

So much for the flak Kabam takes, and so much of the BS Mike has to put up with, would all go away with better QA.

I’m actually willing to believe they tested it. And it passed. And worked correctly. But also believe that their test environment and dev environment are so wildly different from the actual game servers that whatever they do test is so (clear and proven over and over) pointless that they might as well not bother.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2017
    These are the kind of comments that happen when people don't read the updates Mike posts on the forum.

If you read any of these, you would know that these bugs weren't necessarily due to lack of playtesting.

They were due to server update issues, and not getting all the math, art, and new content into all of the servers, causing all kinds of different freaky intermittent errors, depending on what server you were playing in.
  • Dircules wrote: »

I’m actually willing to believe they tested it. And it passed. And worked correctly. But also believe that their test environment and dev environment are so wildly different from the actual game servers that whatever they do test is so (clear and proven over and over) pointless that they might as well not bother.

Test environment has to imitate live environment otherwise it defeat its purpose. So I believe they either don't have one, or have a test environment that is configured wrong (how? lol).
    @Manthro , so you're saying negligence is a passable thing? Whether it's if gone through play testing or not, the whole thing should have evaluated to see if it's supposed to work as intended.

They obviously didn't, and here we are.
  • I would say Bravo if there was already an ETA mentioned on the known issues. But for now, I am still skeptical on how well these issues are being addressed.
  • Manthro wrote: »

They were due to server update issues, and not getting all the math, art, and new content into all of the servers, causing all kinds of different freaky intermittent errors, depending on what server you were playing in.

Oh, so they tested it - they just didnt test it in the environment that it was going to be played in.

Makes sense to me!
    Le sigh

edited December 2017
    SprQ1081 wrote: »
    I would say Bravo if there was already an ETA mentioned on the known issues. But for now, I am still skeptical on how well these issues are being addressed.

Probably something like this... Just a little light humour for the dev team ;)

ii50h8paiz5k.gif
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited December 2017
    Guys look at it like if you tested a car on a track that was identical to the one it was going to be raced on... but then after testing you only shipped half the car to the real track.

Could you really blame the testing at that point?

I'm the first to jump on Kabam when they say "we tested all this" and then it doesn't work, but this scenario is wildly different than most.
  • Lol Dirc...did you land that job at Kabam yet? Curious if you are speaking from experience or just another poor gullible soul. Usernam819273943 said it best about testing
  • RED_OCTOB3RRED_OCTOB3R Posts: 16
    edited December 2017
    Speechless regarding this week’s AM fiasco.

In general, during a “go live” release, major disruptions are unacceptable for a non-tangible, consumer entertainment experience product that requires the amount of money spent by the top teams. Equipment failures, and human errors, should be expected - but the processes in place to address these incidents appear, at least to most players, as ineffective or inadequate. Also, while nice and appreciated, written apologies only go so far. Some type of meaningful reparation should be made to players for this week’s inconvenience.

I do appreciate Kabam, and especially the forums reps (shout out to @Kabam Miike

However, I hope the executives in charge do not take for granted the investments made by players.
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited December 2017
    Oh yes, impeccable response time. We eternally grateful that you fixed the issue right away and claimed full responsibility for the incident. How could we ever repay you?

I think in general this is not what it is about.
    And did you take full responsibility?

You waited two hours two make any sort of official announcement (last time it was 1 hour), it may seem like nothing but when you have several players sitting around waiting for it to work and not get any official response and it happens every time, you start to question why you would not have just one guy to sit around and respond somewhat sooner than you do

Furthermore you did not just respond, at the same time, you made a thread to threaten alliances with punishment for exploiting a bug that made them get extra points for fighting 1-2 fights. Caused by an error you made and that have existed for months now, that “exploit” have been there every time there have been problems with AM, why address it there, to shut people up and worry if we would get punished? People wanted to play and instead of just sticking to the issue, you choose to focuse on something that you could fix by resetting AM which you somehow finally figured out, bravo for that.
    You discovered the resetting of AM.

And another reason why people rarely write more is that you seem to be quick to suck up to any threat praising you but as soon as there is valid criticism, you are no where to be found.

• Serapth wrote: »

I beat SoundWave before the the bugs were fixed and am almost 100 percent on expert... just getting back to you thanks for playing
  • Well... bugs fixed items returned and some free gifts as well BRAVO again Kabam this is how you handle a bad situation. I’m super impressed and thanks for the free stuff too. Even though I got a 2 star from the Megatron crystal LOL
    Would you like a cookie?