Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4* shards are borderline impossible to get and the arenas are complete trash.

2»

Comments

• Hey there Commanders!

I realize there is nothing more frustrating than dedicating a great deal of time and effort into Events and not receiving Rewards that meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured, we are always trying to make improvements to the game and we're delighted you have all taken the time to share your feedback with us!

I sincereley appreciate your passion for Transformers: Forged to Fight, and I have been reading your comments in this thread with lots of enthusiasm. While I can't promise that any changes will be implemented straight away, your ideas are definitely giving us something to discuss when considering what changes to make in future updates.

So we can get the most out of this discussion, please share with us any improvement suggestions you have about Milestone Rewards. I hope you will give us your ideas on how many 4-Star shards you would like to see for reaching Milestones in Arenas. I would also like you all to consider the impact that making significant changes to Milestone Rewards could potentially have on the game going forward. At present, 4-Star Shards are a valued Item but if they were to become too readily available, it would essentially mean that all players gain more 4-Star Bots. The rarity of these Bots would then be reduced because so many people have them. This is just one potential knock-on effect from increasing the availability of rare Items such as 4-Star Shards.

As mentioned, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic, and hopefully with constructive collaboration, this thread can lead to some great ideas being created to help make the game even better!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I actually enjoy the 1 day "flash arenas" much more than the old 3-day ordeal, since I can pick a day here and there to go all out for that specific arena, and it allows for a greater variety of arenas to be run.
    I agree on the r2 4* thing, only two of my 7 4* are R3, and it will be months (unless I get lucky with a holiday or SL crystal) before I have T3 to rank any more. That being said, I don't mind that bottleneck so much because the two R3's I have are absolutely unstoppable monsters compared to their R2 brethren.
    My biggest reason to bring milestones back is that I could always look at a specific reward tier, look at the points required, and go "Okay, that's what I'm working for". It made arenas more fun because I had a guaranteed reward to look forward to, and a goal in mind beyond "grind as hard as I can and hope for the best"
    I think that as far as 4* shards go, I'm not sure where the balance should be between feast and famine. I got 3 of my 4* bots in about a month and a half under the old system and it opened the gate to a lot of the high end content I needed to obtain more 4*, sort of a "you need some to get some" situation.
    I know it likely won't happen, but even a single free 4* crystal (Just the crystal, no ranking materials) for a Christmas/Anniversary/ event would crack open the door for a lot of players to enjoy more of the game, and that would lead (in my mind anyway) to more participation in arenas as well.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I’m not going to write a massive paragraph because what @CandKane @Danhansen @Stitch626 and others have wrote pretty much says what I believe about this problem but I will give a good and fair suggestion for what the new milestone rewards could be (for crystal bounty, just ask if you want me to do a suggestion for other arenas).

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    3. 1500 premium shards, 250 3* shards
    4. 500 3* shards, 25 4* shards
    5. 750 3* shards, 50 4* shards
    6. 1000 3* shards, 75 4* shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards
    Keep rank rewards the same

I think this should be a fair milestone system, opinions please.
  • I’m not going to write a massive paragraph because what @CandKane @Danhansen @Stitch626 and others have wrote pretty much says what I believe about this problem but I will give a good and fair suggestion for what the new milestone rewards could be (for crystal bounty, just ask if you want me to do a suggestion for other arenas).

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards

haha 1 day of crystal bounty give more then a hard spotlight mission exploration, why play spotlight :D
    I’m not going to write a massive paragraph because what @CandKane @Danhansen @Stitch626 and others have wrote pretty much says what I believe about this problem but I will give a good and fair suggestion for what the new milestone rewards could be (for crystal bounty, just ask if you want me to do a suggestion for other arenas).

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards

haha 1 day of crystal bounty give more then a hard spotlight mission exploration, why play spotlight :D

Well think about lower end players who can’t get the high rank rewards, we need something to work for not for something to be disappointed with. If you get 200 shards x4 (average rank rewards for average players) for rank rewards and 600 shards x4 from milestones that’s 3200 shards, plus the hard spotlight exploration rewards makes it 4200 shards, I’d say 2 4* crystals with a little extra is a good amount for a months worth of work
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    At present, 4-Star Shards are a valued Item but if they were to become too readily available, it would essentially mean that all players gain more 4-Star Bots. The rarity of these Bots would then be reduced because so many people have them.
    Getting a 4* is just the beginning of the story. All those upgrade materials require a lot of grinding time, which is what you want: a wide participation in Arena (gold, high level sparks), Raid (high level sparks), Daily Missions (T2C) then potentially purchasing T2C offer. However, not getting 4* bots kills all incentive to play.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2017

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards

Well think about lower end players who can’t get the high rank rewards, we need something to work for not for something to be disappointed with. If you get 200 shards x4 (average rank rewards for average players) for rank rewards and 600 shards x4 from milestones that’s 3200 shards, plus the hard spotlight exploration rewards makes it 4200 shards, I’d say 2 4* crystals with a little extra is a good amount for a months worth of work

I think those milestones expecting a full 4* crystal and change for everyone is unrealistic. You want to entice players to participate but that doesn't mean you give away the yacht.

In milestones, I would say 300-400 shards total per arena. Then, you get the rest from how hard you wanna grind for rank.

With rank rewards and the other avenues available to earn 4* shards, such as raid shop, alliance events, special crystals and special missions, the average player should get anywhere from 2000-2500 shards a month.

Remember, you can still grind for feature bot chips for another 4*
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Getting rid of milestones was a bad move, there's really no other way to look at it.

Manthro wrote: »

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards

I think those milestones expecting a full 4* crystal and change for everyone is unrealistic. You want to entice players to participate but that doesn't mean you give away the yacht.

In milestones, I would say 300-400 shards total per arena. Then, you get the rest from how hard you wanna grind for rank.

With rank rewards and the other avenues available to earn 4* shards, such as raid shop, alliance events, special crystals and special missions, the average player should get anywhere from 2000-2500 shards a month.

Remember, you can still grind for feature bot chips for another 4*

Good point, I’ll edit my milestones suggestions. Forgot about the shards from raid store.
  • You see, when the movie was out everyone joined this game, 4* bots were viewed as once per few month thing, smart players grinded extra hard to get them and ensure exponential growth going forward.
    Now it evolved to once per month expectation for casual effort, I agree with Manthro, you want to step ahead of the herd, you should be stepping up the effort.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited December 2017
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I don’t understand the rationale behind wanting to limit the 4* bots. Even if we have all the 4* bots, resources are still limited as to which we rank up. It would force players to choose who to invest in and really allow us to “dig deep into our roster” cos we have a deep enough roster. A game is meant to be fun and a big part of fun is playing with the bots we like. One of our best players has quit in frustration from lags and also due to inability to pull long-released bots like OG OP. I still don’t have a Mirage while my team mates who don’t like Mirage are duping theirs like crazy. If you want to limit 4* shards, can we at least have the option to choose which bot we want when we have gathered enough scraps of 4* shards?

I agree. The pool of bots has expanded so much the last couple months it is really hard to get and dupe the bots you want.
    You see, when the movie was out everyone joined this game, 4* bots were viewed as once per few month thing, smart players grinded extra hard to get them and ensure exponential growth going forward.
    Now it evolved to once per month expectation for casual effort, I agree with Manthro, you want to step ahead of the herd, you should be stepping up the effort.

“Stepping up the effort” lmao. Mate some people do all the arenas they can they can, some staying up all night, and we still get crap rank rewards. Not everyone can afford to buy their way out of the game
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    M
    You see, when the movie was out everyone joined this game, 4* bots were viewed as once per few month thing, smart players grinded extra hard to get them and ensure exponential growth going forward.

“Stepping up the effort” lmao. Mate some people do all the arenas they can they can, some staying up all night, and we still get crap rank rewards. Not everyone can afford to buy their way out of the game

For the record, you are getting crap for your efforts because 2/3 of the player base isn't even running a single arena round to qualify for rewards.

If those players can be attracted back to the crystal arena with some reasonable milestones as discussed, you will notice an immediate impact to which bracket you land in.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

1. 500 premium shards
    2. 1000 premium shards
    7. 150 4* shards
    8. 300 4* shards

Well think about lower end players who can’t get the high rank rewards, we need something to work for not for something to be disappointed with. If you get 200 shards

He's in a top rank alliance, if he doesn't buy his way then he'll be kicked. Honestly, there will always be a bottleneck somewhere, we just gotta pick our priorities.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Yeah bring back the shoulders of giants....
  • Username819273943Username819273943 Posts: 85
    edited December 2017

I will try to provide some a tip as I used it always: you dont have to stay up "all night", do arena in batches. Time it so that when bots are recharged, you spend less than 20 mins to use them all, repeat after recharge period. 20 mins break from whatever u r doing in the day during a 3 or 4 hr cycle isnt much to ask yea?

I approached this game like Pension, I tried very hard and grinded when most dont want to at begining of the Forged to Fight, I have enough assets in the end to stay "higher" and relax, exponential growth is true in this game. Sudden boost of rewards to Everyone does not narrow this "gap", new entrants of enticed new/low players will pushes you to a higher bracket so you too can look down and say "look im doing better than those guys", its not wrong no one wants to be at bottom.

I spent total $7.50 on this game in entirety, I know many will think "you prob spend all day evry day", if that new excuse comfort you sure.

Just my cents, dont grill me
    :blush: P
  • Manthro wrote: »

For the record, you are getting crap for your efforts because 2/3 of the player base isn't even running a single arena round to qualify for rewards.

If those players can be attracted back to the crystal arena with some reasonable milestones as discussed, you will notice an immediate impact to which bracket you land in.

Exactly.

• VingVing Posts: 1
    I'm what you call a casual player, so please forgive me if I'm missing something. I really want to get further in the game, but haven't been able to score a 4 star bot. I'm not getting jack for crystal shards, and the Bumblebee "training" mission is hard as hell, to the point that my bots aren't beefed up enough to get through the unbalanced gauntlet--to win a 4 star bot to be able to play the damn level in the first place.

And getting Bumblebee, my favorite Transformer? Seems like a pipe dream at this point. Is it me, or has the game gotten more akin to highway robbery in the past month or two.
    Ving wrote: »
    I'm what you call a casual player, so please forgive me if I'm missing something. I really want to get further in the game, but haven't been able to score a 4 star bot. I'm not getting jack for crystal shards, and the Bumblebee "training" mission is hard as hell, to the point that my bots aren't beefed up enough to get through the unbalanced gauntlet--to win a 4 star bot to be able to play the damn level in the first place.

And getting Bumblebee, my favorite Transformer? Seems like a pipe dream at this point. Is it me, or has the game gotten more akin to highway robbery in the past month or two.

4* Bee challenge is hard as frozen stone lol but I’m saving energon, I believe 309-515 will be needed for me so that’s worth it for a 4* crystal and other good stuff. I can see Kabam making positive changes like crystal arena all week. Bee’s gauntlet was rather disappointing because you can’t grind the 4* shards so average players can’t expand their 4* roster for more points in arena which means less 4* shards.. it’s a vicious cycle but I feel like it will come to an end soon. The 7 day crystal arena could see a return to milestones so let’s hope things get better!
  • Manthro wrote: »
    because 2/3 of the player base isn't even running a single arena round to qualify for rewards.

To give additional some numbers on this, Samsung devices with game launcher/tuner installed have some data tracking on games. Within that set roughly 10k play tftf, with an average of 5 logins a day and 10 minute play times. Mcoc has 133k this week (a bit higher than normal) with 1hr+ play times and 12x logins a day.