Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How often do I need to log in now?

I have been in an Alliance since last summer maybe, and I have just been recently kicked out of it as of 10 days ago, due to a number of factors. For one part, my base rank went down 200 points. I also haven't been actively donating gold, and I've not participated in the missions as of lately.

However, I believe the greatest error that I committed was not keeping my former officers in the loop of my absence. I had to put a lot of my mobile gaming aside for schoolwork (finals and other major assignments), student activities, and other extracurriculars. I now know not to get overly attached to an Alliance as there are "many fish in the sea" after all.

So I know ask you guys, how often must I remember to log into the game to NOT get kicked out of an Alliance? I tend to notice how much I stray away from major amounts of gaming in the later months of a semester in college, so I wanna be sure that for next semester, I don't make the same mistake, again. Please let me know what you think! Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited December 2017
    Really depends on the level of alliance, although even "casual" alliances tend to have a 2-3 day rule or, in the case of my alliance, kick after two missed AM days. In the higher brackets it gets stricter, all the way up to some that kick after a 12 hour absence.
    The important thing is to decide how and at what level you want to play the game, then find an alliance that matches your goals. Or, you can always create a new alliance with a little gold.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    You're asking for a blanket rule when every alliance is 100% unique. You'll just have to ask whatever alliance you join what their rules are.

That being said, donating gold was removed from the game quite some time ago, the fact you don't know that likely means you're way more inactive then you're letting on.
  • Yeah, you have to remember (this is pretty much for everyone), participation when doing Alliance Missions and Dailies helps not just yourself but everyone else. A few precious points can mean a lot to the overall contribution of completing goals. And falling short, by literally just a few points, because of inactive players, is never a good look.

Like it's been said, every single alliance is different, with different rules. But if someone is the type to play every so often, I would suggest to them to not even bother joining one. No one would benefit from it.
  • redshift9redshift9 Posts: 87
    edited December 2017
    Definitely ask the alliance leader and/or an officer, since each alliance has different rules, and ALWAYS keep them informed of extended absences. There’s no way to know if someone uninstalled the game, or is still interested but unavailable to play.

Having said that, I’d kick you regardless. I’d rather gamble on a low-level stranger than someone I know isn’t going to be active. I’m not trying to be rude, but there are just too many other folks out there, and lack of participation hurts other alliance members who are actually contributing.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    You're asking for a blanket rule when every alliance is 100% unique. You'll just have to ask whatever alliance you join what their rules are.

That being said, donating gold was removed from the game quite some time ago, the fact you don't know that likely means you're way more inactive then you're letting on.

How long ago has that happened? 2-3 months? I know the game frequently updates, but man, for real?
  • Yup, and it was a very welcome change! Kabam did it in response to the gold crunch that was affecting everybody. If you tap on the box to make a donation, it says that the feature has been “temporarily disabled” and to check again soon, but the announcement here made it clear that it was a permanent change. Yay!