Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Imbalance of resources

I am sure this changes through different points in the game, but right now there is a pretty big imbalance of resources for me.

I always seem to have more T1 alphas then I could ever possibly use because I can’t keep up with the gold and T2 class sparks needed to go along with them. I think the ways these resources are earned and how much you can earn needs a fresh look.

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Oooooooooore! We need act3.4!
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited January 2018
    I need gold, got 3 T2A, 12 T3B & countless T1A but no gold.
    Give us back the arena chips Kabam.

5k1fxsduck0r.png
    ninnq3x7c78z.png
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The only real solution to this is to make the resources more exchangeable. Otherwise there will *always* be something that's least available and people asking for more of it
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Trailfire wrote: »
    The only real solution to this is to make the resources more exchangeable. Otherwise there will *always* be something that's least available and people asking for more of it

Ore to gold is there. Would like to see raid chips to gold.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited January 2018
    Trailfire wrote: »

Ore to gold is there. Would like to see raid chips to gold.

Yeah, it’s “there” but not at anything close to a reasonable exchange rate. People *hate* having to sell ore when it expires. There’s one reason: the sale value is junk. If you lost 20% instead of 98% of the value of an input when you exchanged it, players would accept the price as a fair cost and never again notice that they lacked either gold or ore

It’s pure stinginess that prevents that prevents this fix
    Before Kabam do something, I'm starting to get used to it anyway, and taking the last mission of Story as a (small) gold farm. There's roughly 10K gold (gold and selling ores) in a 66 energy run.
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    Get rid of the gold system! This double pay system is a bit ridiculous! It would be like if I run down the street and pay for food in a drive through but once I get back home and sit down to, i have to pay again to be able to consume it! Hmmmm, not very fair. It takes quite a bit to earn some of these resources so to pay for using them isn't right.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited January 2018
    The exchange rate from ore to gold isn't great but at the same time, you typically have way more ore than gold. So it makes sense on the 2:1 exchange.

The gold issue was slightly alleviated when they removed donations but obviously still exists. I think the main issue of why we think we use to have enough gold vs always gold poor is due to the much bigger cost of higher ranking bots (and increased forging). Before, we were maxing 3*s and taking 4*s to R2 only. Now, R4s and R5s cost so much that we never have enough gold. The amount of T3Bs and T2As we get now doesn't match the rate of gold we earn.

Look at the Alliance help gold we earn, that hasn't changed for a long time now even though there's been inflated costs. We need some adjustments to the gold payouts in most game modes. Adding other methods of earning gold would also help. As it's been suggested before a gold arena would help or percentage increase from story modes. Perhaps increasing the payout from arena crystals.

As for earning T2c, changing the Sunday daily from T1c to T2c would help.

I know there should be a bottleneck to upgrading but it should be the rare materials not gold.

The shortage of gold is also due to the removal of Arena Chips and 3* Arena altogether.