Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is the superconductor mod too expensive and/or underwhelming?

I've been meaning to create this thread for months but kept forgetting about it until someone in my alliance brought it up because they were wondering whether they should dupe it.

I remember back in April when I busted my tail to try and get the 150k chips needed to buy and dupe this and I swear at the time the signature ability was that at the beginning of each fight the bot using the mod started with a yellow special ready to go. Imagine my disappointment when I finally duped it and it wasn't the case.

A quick search on the forum shows that it was changed in an update around March 31st even though they forgot to change the sig description in the game. Anyway, that's all water under the bridge.

So here we are in July and I gotta ask:

1. Is the superconductor too expensive now for what it does?

2. Is it just too under-powered and the original signature ability of starting with a yellow special needs to be brought back?

3. Would you trade the unblockable feature for a start the fight at yellow special feature?

As it stands now, I personally find it to be incredibly unimpressive and therefore way too expensive at 75k a pop and if they're going to keep it at 75k, they need to make some changes to it. What are your thoughts on it?
Tagged:

Comments

• StridurrStridurr Posts: 19
    I feel like at the level you get these, the guys raiding you are good enough to play around it.

There's not many bots that I'd be worried about on a node with this mod. Prowl or OG are the only ones I can think of offhand.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Arcee on SC1000 is decent. Prowl on 2000 is potentially worth having. Otherwise, superconductors aren't worth much. Harm, Exo filter, even Robot resource is better

OTOH, just like it's hard to tell much about the characteristics of a bot from its 2* version, mods could turn out to be very interesting if you have fully ranked 3* or highly ranked 4* versions (sadly not available for Superconductors)
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Waste of time ... I got it maxed it and don't use them
  • The Super Conductor never gave an instant 2 bars of power, but offered to deliver power in big amounts at once, instead of the gradual power gain that it does now. It's still giving the same amount of Power over the same amount of time, but now just delivers smaller amounts more often.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    The Super Conductor never gave an instant 2 bars of power, but offered to deliver power in big amounts at once, instead of the gradual power gain that it does now. It's still giving the same amount of Power over the same amount of time, but now just delivers smaller amounts more often.

You're probably right, but I also remember during AM before the update the name of the mod that gave Rhinox the miniboss his immediate yellow special was also called superconductor, which led many to think that the mod in the raid store would do the same thing before they bought it.

But I suppose that's not even the point I'm trying to make here. It's more, "do we need to lower the price of superconductor" or "do we need to make it better to justify the 75k price tag".

The easy way out would be to just drop the price on it and call it done, but I hope it gets a big improvement update instead because it will benefit both players and Kabam in the end and that's what we're all looking for as players and developers.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2017
    Every time I see a superconductor in Raid, I go for it. It guarantees the S1 or the S2 to be fired whereas the AI tends to hold their specials without SC. So basically, if it's not Mixmaster's S2, there's nothing to be afraid of.
    I was hoping it would be good for my 3* rank 4 Iron Hide sp2 but it never seems to work
  • Gannicus_0Gannicus_0 Posts: 34
    Would be nice to get something better than a 2star though
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I would really like to see them improve this mod, given I spent 150k chips on it. Even making it a 3 star mod instead would be a slight improvement, but it needs to do something more other than what it does now.

I actually think having your defending bot start the beginning of the fight with an unblockable yellow charge isn't too OP. If you think about it, this mod really does nothing worthwhile if it doesn't have that feature. You're better off equipping Robot Resource.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree....the fact it comes with the ability locked after 75k is a bit of a shocker considering what you have to do to get it. I stayed at 60k chips for days because at that level you have a giant target on your base. If I didn't spend for a shield I'd lose 15k chips overnight.
    Yes I was also disappointed it was only a 2* mod. No where in it's description did it mention it would be a 2* mod. I assumed having to buy shields to get to 75k it would be at least a 3*. Waste of time. Should have just gone for the alpha shards
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    I realize this is an old thread but in a raid the other day i saw the last opponent was a 4* bonecrusher sitting on super conductor and i thought cool, this will be easy. When i got to him this player had a 3* super conductor which baffled me and it was not as easy as we all come to know of the 2* version. Anyone see this before? Know how to get it? Everyone I've talked to so far didn't know that a 3* version existed.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    Yes, there are 3 and 4* versions of the superconductor in the game. They came from the recentish crystals that contained the 3 new mods that were only sold for a very limited time iirc.
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Yes, there are 3 and 4* versions of the superconductor in the game. They came from the recentish crystals that contained the 3 new mods that were only sold for a very limited time iirc.

Thanks, I figured it had to be something like that but have only come across the one player with one compared to the amounts with the new mods and members in my alliance didn't even know it existed above 2*.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I hit a 4* SC yesterday and didn't feel like there was a huge difference in that and the 2*
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I hit a 4* SC yesterday and didn't feel like there was a huge difference in that and the 2*
    Higher attack and health which are the main factors when comparing 2* with 3&4 imo. I haven't seen one and don't know of it abilities.

It also makes Sp3 unblockable....
  • Manthro being Manthro