Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

My game keeps crashing on the new phone I got for Christmas

When I got my new phone, the game was running fine, but after a while, it was crashing whenever I enter a fight. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Mission.

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I think the majority of crashes is due to ram issues.

I have an iphone 6 and it crashes constantly, every few fights and switching game modes like going from AM to spotlight or to raid etc (1gb ram). Your phone has 1.5gb of ram I believe.

Some people say their newer phones are more stable, like the new iphones, which have 2gb of ram... but there also seems to be a breadth, width to the devices that crash and no general consensus on stability or causes.
  • @Terminal Anyway I can fix it?
  • Crashing and lag. Soooooo much lag. Restarting doesn't fix it. Going to reinstall tonight.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I remember some people mentioning some optimiser for Android, but I use iPhone, so I can't really detail it. I think @Manthro mentioned some things about optimisers?

But overall, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done.
  • Reinstalling does not correct crashing or lag.
  • It probably has a lot to do with ram. Which is kind of absurd a mobile game like this would be designed to be so ram intensive. I've got 4gb on mine and have not experienced hardly any of the problems most have outside of graphical glitches that are easily ignored.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    your phone is too low spec to play this game.

Best phone right now is the latest iPhone 8s and X.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited January 2018
    Sure, until your batteries go bad, and Apple starts downclocking your phones :)

In all seriousness, I've heard many complaints on the X. Not because of specs, but just generally buggy gameplay. I would think the 8 is probably pretty solid, though. I think the X is a great phone generally, but I'm not sure it's going to be considered a top phone for this game right now until Kabam works out all the kinks.

The game runs flawlessly on LG V30, galaxy S8 variants, and many other new Androids like Pixel 2 and One Plus 5t.

RAM may be a big part of it, because all of those devices have 4-6 GB of RAM.
  • That's very dumb of mantro. Will just slow down your phone more. Do this instead https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/183004/why-android-phones-slow-down-over-time-and-how-to-speed-them-up/amp/
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Keymaster wrote: »
    That's very dumb of mantro. Will just slow down your phone more. Do this instead https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/183004/why-android-phones-slow-down-over-time-and-how-to-speed-them-up/amp/

Wow, you just like to hear yourself speak and call people stupid as often as possible, eh?

I have repeated time and time again, task killers/optimizers are not for extended use, they will harm your device in the long run if abused... But they are very useful as a troubleshooting tool.

You determine which background processes are hogging resources, then delete them or modify permissions to prevent them from auto-running. You just have to find an optimzer that will show you what precisely is running in the background.

If you find that a "very dumb" use of a task killer, then you are ignoring the only useful thing about them.

And if you bothered to actually read any of my posts on memory optimzers, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool. I explained pretty much everything in that article without having to link it.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    That's very dumb of mantro. Will just slow down your phone more. Do this instead https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/183004/why-android-phones-slow-down-over-time-and-how-to-speed-them-up/amp/

Wow, you just like to hear yourself speak and call people stupid as often as possible, eh?

I have repeated time and time again, task killers/optimizers are not for extended use, they will harm your device in the long run if abused... But they are very useful as a troubleshooting tool.

You determine which background processes are hogging resources, then delete them or modify permissions to prevent them from auto-running. You just have to find an optimzer that will show you what precisely is running in the background.

If you find that a "very dumb" use of a task killer, then you are ignoring the only useful thing about them.

And if you bothered to actually read any of my posts on memory optimzers, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool. I explained pretty much everything in that article without having to link it.

Also, what’s a mantro?
  • So I think my lag is a memory related issue. Everytime I clear my cache the game runs great. Two to three fights in and it's back in lag city. I'm using an iPhone SE on 11.3.
  • Maybe I'll get a used Android just to play FTF.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Manthro wrote: »

Also, what’s a mantro?

Not sure what they really are but my friend has a pet Manthro, they’re pretty cool tbh I wouldn’t mind having one.
  • I got an iPhone 8+ the week before Christmas. Ran perfectly for 5 days or so. I’ve since picked up the “dashing bug”. Bots fail to respond to dash in or out at the most inconvenient times. Also, will throw punches instead of firing a ranged attack when I’m no where near the opponent