Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus Nullify Is known to not work correctly

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    He's already a marginal tac bot at best. 100% nullify would give him a little more utility.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    edited December 2017
    Synthwave wrote: »
    He's already a marginal tac bot at best. 100% nullify would give him a little more utility.

He can actually be very good, on par with upper tier in specific situations. OP is obviously better across the board but if you're facing stacked armor or buffs, and his nullify lands, he is very good. He can also take much more of a beating.

If you take the armor lane in AM and S2 breaks and ignores with the second hit he can do a lot of damage, especially in section 3.

People also complain about his sig but in solo missions he shines. Example, I basically just walked through spotlight expert on the lane with 150% melee buff because nullify was actually landing. took down four bots with him still at about 30-40% health. Then I had Sideswipe and nullify would not land. I've also used him last on expert bosses and with 14 melee resistance stacks you can block quite a bit of damage.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I realize it's a bit of a joke how I keep pushing it but I reported this more than two months ago now. With Starscreams nullify working 100% I have no idea why fixing UM is so complicated.
    Good stuff, kranders. Maybe I'll get around to ranking him to r4, but probably not until Kabam fixes him.
    Here’s hoping it’s soon still. 7 shots on MM mini for one nullify. ****.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    OK @Kabam Miike . It's time now. No more thread-dodging.

Please note that we’ve been waiting for an answer since October.
    Lol. I’ve about given up. Take up the torch!

Also Grindor doesn’t trigger the correct number of buffs against UM but that’s another story.
    Did we ever get a fully fleshed out answer of how his sig works in game modes like AM and Special Missions?

Is it every enemy bot remaining on the screen in modes like AM, Story, and Special or are they just talking about game modes like raid and arena? It's been awhile so maybe that was cleared up (it certainly isn't worded clearly in his sig description).
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Did we ever get a fully fleshed out answer of how his sig works in game modes like AM and Special Missions?

Is it every enemy bot remaining on the screen in modes like AM, Story, and Special or are they just talking about game modes like raid and arena? It's been awhile so maybe that was cleared up (it certainly isn't worded clearly in his sig description).

Kabam confirmed his sig works only in raid & arena. Otherwise it'll be OP with a lota enemies. But then the sig is really meh, along with everything.
    The part about dead/alive party members is what works in all modes and it is still a pretty good signature just plain. In story mode it can either max at 36% damage or 4 extra resistance buffs. That's not bad. Even in AM having 18% attack is decent when so many sigs rely on triggers. I've used him last on several expert bosses and he takes a beating with extra buffs.

His S2 is also very strong against multiple armor stacks and is good for the armor lanes.

The only thing he truly lacks is damage against non-armored enemies. He either needs a chance to apply armor break based on stacks (like it was originally) or something added like *if no armor stack, then chance to burn* or something.
    @Kabam Vydious my final last ditch effort. Please tell us a fix is in 5.0.

Pretty please.
  • kranders wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious my final last ditch effort. Please tell us a fix is in 5.0.

Pretty please.

PLEASE!!!!
  • Best dodger when controlled by AI
  • Will this thread remain open? Considering that a fix is coming tomorrow in the 5.0 update I see no point in keeping this thread open. Unless for whatever reason Ultra Magnus’ nullify malfunctions yet again of course.
    Will this thread remain open? Considering that a fix is coming tomorrow in the 5.0 update I see no point in keeping this thread open. Unless for whatever reason Ultra Magnus’ nullify malfunctions yet again of course.

Let’s not jump the gun ;). Fingers crossed
    still broken.
    so Miike reached out to me and said that there was an issue with the immediate 5.0 release and that a fix for UM was getting pushed. I just ran a raid and he did actually nullify 100%. Anyone following the thread or using UM please do your own testing and update us. I'll update as I get more play time.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    kranders wrote: »
    so Miike reached out to me and said that there was an issue with the immediate 5.0 release and that a fix for UM was getting pushed. I just ran a raid and he did actually nullify 100%. Anyone following the thread or using UM please do your own testing and update us. I'll update as I get more play time.

I believe it was stated that his nullify will be 100% only at 4*r4 and r5 and yours is at r4

I believe it was stated that his nullify will be 100% only at 4*r4 and r5 and yours is at r4

He said that was the original intended functionality which actually still did not work but in the 5.0 thread he said this is updated for all ranks to be 100%
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

He said that was the original intended functionality which actually still did not work but in the 5.0 thread he said this is updated for all ranks to be 100%

And it should be! I can't remember any conditional ability which only works at r4 and r5.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

And it should be! I can't remember any conditional ability which only works at r4 and r5.

Well... Plenty of ability percentages rise as your bots rank up. Just read them. Any number in gold will change with rank level.

The problem with UM is that it wasn't working at 100% even when it should have been at rank 4/5
    Manthro wrote: »

Well... Plenty of ability percentages rise as your bots rank up. Just read them. Any number in gold will change with rank level.

The problem with UM is that it wasn't working at 100% even when it should have been at rank 4/5

That's correct. Pre 5.0 I had r4 UM for a couple months and it was not 100% hence the original post and issue. I am happy to say it is fixed!
  • Just checking in, is everybody's Ultra Magnus working correctly now? I don't have him as a 4-Star, and I forged my 3-Star away not long ago, so I am not able to confirm myself.
    Just checking in, is everybody's Ultra Magnus working correctly now? I don't have him as a 4-Star, and I forged my 3-Star away not long ago, so I am not able to confirm myself.

Nullify is working now! Now to add him to the mix against MM in AM.
    Just checking in, is everybody's Ultra Magnus working correctly now? I don't have him as a 4-Star, and I forged my 3-Star away not long ago, so I am not able to confirm myself.

You play the game!?!?!? Join OVD pls.

Username? Top bots? Friend me we can chat even thou I’m chatbanned.

Joking about that haha but it’s nice to see Kabam playing thier game lol.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Ran him in a few raids, he appears to be working correctly at the moment, thanks for the fix!
  • TreeTree Posts: 36
    No he is not fixed...this is a joke Kabam takes months and months to fix bugs unless it is a bug that helps the player base then game gets brought down and is fixed within hours...do the same for players and stop using the excuse that the bugs that effect the player base in a negative way are harder to fix...that is nonsense
    His nullify is fixed. I use him every day and I started this post. Not sure what you are talking about.

It took longer than I had liked for something that seemed simple but it’s fixed.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yep, he's fixed. The AI still blocks in the middle of an attack, but when I'm allowed to hit, he nullifies every time.
    He was talking about motormasters unstoppable lol, which is not an attack buff so yes uffus magnuses nullify is still fixed and working well