Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tips for ppl having Primal trouble on expert

So... Having trouble taking down Primal because he keeps healing against your debuff bots? Most of us leveled up DOT bots because they do such nice residual damage, but it works against you on Primal.

Here's a few tips:

1) Try to avoid hitting him until his Crit armor is up.. Why? Because most damage debuffs land when you Crit. If you don't Crit, no debuff. No debuff, no Primal heal. No Primal heal, no Armageddon level s1/s2 later in the fight.

2) When you have a special attack saved up, Particularly if you are fighting with IH (unless you are AGBandit... He doesn't have IH) bait Primal into throwing a heavy attack, but DO NOT dodge it! Intercept with your special attack, and you'll Crit him in the face because his armor converts to melee buff when he throws a heavy.

3) Avoiding Primal special attacks takes timing. Go back to a previous map and fight the warm up against him to learn it. It is very different stepping around his s1/s2 than any other bot thus far.

Try it out.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If I read right, he only heals from expiring bleeding DOT but not from burning, shock, etc.?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This is true, I thought it was any DOT effect until I looked again.

Still, the strategy is sound either way.