Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ramjet fails in combo'ing specials

With the calendar gift and the right on cue luck before 28th, I finally had my hands on a duped Ramjet. However, he doesn't seem to perform correctly.
Firstly, his specials often miss if I try to combo them into the 5th normal. For S1, enemy can block it. For S2, enemy just backstep his first kick. I know sometimes special combo will miss due to the round arena shape, but his chance of missing is too high. My friends who have him told be this strange behavior already, but I've searched a bit here and found no report on this.
Secondly, his Signature proc rate is said to be 50% but I've heavied at least 8 times to stack a single one. Does the heavy needs to land (like Tact Bee) or it can whiff (like OG Prime)?

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    The special thing is a bug in spacing/hitboxes, make sure to end a combo with a light attack instead of medium if comboing into a special. And yes, heavies have to land to proc a special buff.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited December 2017
    His S2 isn't backstepped, it just plain misses if you do a 5 hit combo (the enemy is out of range unless they are against a wall). I pointed this out on like, every "who is the worst bot" thread since he came out. Between exactly the problem of S2 hitting air, and the fact that you'd have to kill the enemy with heavies before you had enough stacks for S2 to hit like a demo special SHOULD hit, I can only assume Ramjet isn't clearly the worst bot in game only because not many people actually have him :P. He's worse off than Mixmaster... I mean it's kind of a toss up, but at least mixmaster actually hurts with his specials (which I guess is the only real comparison, Demos aren't supposed to wow you with standard attacks). Ramjet is a hot mess.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Its possible to land an S2 on him, when you finish your combo just wait a milisecond before tapping your special button to fire off the S2. Otherwise, it just misses; unless you back the enemy into a corner.
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    I did combos with ramjet. He one of my best characters.
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    frequently missing his Sp2 no matter how hard I try to hit it.
    will try to end combo without a medium attack but that is not the case with a single other bot I use.
    seems to be an issue.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Pair Ramjet with Starscream and that Armor piercing synergy really lets him come alive.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    that1guy wrote: »
    Its possible to land an S2 on him, when you finish your combo just wait a milisecond before tapping your special button to fire off the S2. Otherwise, it just misses; unless you back the enemy into a corner.

This. That pause makes the difference. Sp2s are connecting now.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I've never experienced this problem once.. must only be for some players, or intermittent.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I experience this every time - I always finish a combo with a medium attack as well