Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Starting to feel burnt out on the 100k grind

Too many months of grinding 100k (not from opening dupes) and it's finally hit me.

It's really starting to feel like work and not like entertainment anymore. With having to live a life and work and the game draining almost 1% battery per minute, I can't really stay on top of it all.

I don't have a 4* brawler so kind of want this one, but have no interest in beast wars at all. Not sure if I'll make it to the end of this one, and not sure what will happen next month.

Comments

• nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    same here man
  • //Sarcastic remark to make it seem like this is just a game and your own fault for playing it and not the games fault for it being such a grind to do anything good and maybe you should just end life as you know it and just focus on this game because I am such a good player who has won all the 4 stars, twice.\\

Now that that is out of the way, I feel you man. I worked so damn hard for Dinobot and was off by 10,000 chips, clearly not hard enough. I gave up on Megatron, and I am trying hard again on Optimus Primal. I love Beast Wars.

I wouldnt mind it so much if the raid events were longer. To me raid feels like a waste of a feature because of ALL the other grinding we have to do in the mean time. Coupled with the lack of time and no auto battle (its been said before no auto battle to raids...maybe you should get more time to raid...its not the game its you...blah blah blah) trying to get mediocre rewards from intense Alliance Missions and the cost of upgrading high level bots, raid has become a side note to the game. Only 3 people in my alliance raid, and they even feel it is a wasted experience.

The grind in this game is too much for so little.

//Its free to play, what do you want from a game like that. Just spend money. Get Good.\\

Sorry, I was channeling my inner know it all gamer.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    More alliances of my region are disbanded/merged when veterans keep quitting. Next month will be the New Year, there will be a huge drop of activity here in my country. I don't know if I'll keep up with the game once I reduce grinding time.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited January 2018
    i will see through primal (ironically i rolled a 4*grindor the moment the featured bot arena became available)

but yeah with the chinese new year coming up and other RL stuff (work, part-time studies etc) i think i will wind down my activity in game (except to support Alliamce missions) so to avoid burnout..

P.s. although monkey primal and dinobot are cool , still totally not a beast wars fan here yeah lol
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    take a chill pill if you feel burnout.. every month there will be a featured bot anyway and soon more tacticians, demo, and brawlers will appear all obtainable via grinding.

As you get more bots (4*s rank 4 above) the experience will become easier.. Spotlight expert 100% is where u can get a huge chunk of bot chips too without too much effort. They will also make arena easier as rank 4 4*s gives wayy more points in Arena compared to 3* bots.. u just need to do like 2 runs with 3 4* teams to get that top 10% in featured bot Arena.. it is that easy for players like us. Game will become easier as you become better with your team. And of course dumping a bit of money will help such as on 4* crystals or T2 Alpha early on.. right now I don't have to buy T2A anymore and just waiting for T3C to become easy to obtain.
  • I think it's important to pick and choose the months to hit the grind hard. I took it easy during dinobot month as I already had a 4* tactician to level and rank up, and I could see the potential for burnout, so I just chugged along casually and played when I felt like it, picked up a couple of 3* dinobots, and saved up some crystals, then hammered the Megatron month. I'm probably gunning it a little harder this month than I did with dinobot, but I'm still not breaking my back to hit top 10% in arenas and stuff.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the featured bot crystals appear to contain previous featured bots as well, and they seem to have good drop rates, so sometimes it's better to drop some energon on a few featured bot crystals rather than saving it all up to hammer raid week.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited January 2018
    Yeah hitting every single month gunning for a 4* will burn you up fast. I hammered December to get that Megatron, but I already have MV1, Grimlock, AND Grindor as 4* so I'm just gonna take it easy, help out in AM, and grab a few 3* Primals while saving up crystals for dupes when I just gotta have an upcoming feature.
    Now if I could just get a 4* tech...
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Temminal brudda you can do it, look at that guide somewhere here on forums, get 420k in arena that will give 1-10%, do a few raids, and bam there’s a shiny 4* munky boi in your bots. AM, SM, 2*, 3* dupes, calendar.. it all adds up
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Temminal brudda you can do it, look at that guide somewhere here on forums, get 420k in arena that will give 1-10%, do a few raids, and bam there’s a shiny 4* munky boi in your bots. AM, SM, 2*, 3* dupes, calendar.. it all adds up

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2693/guide-how-to-get-100k-feature-bot-chips#latest

here you go

this should help you out Terminal

this should be good
  • Temminal brudda you can do it, look at that guide somewhere here on forums, get 420k in arena that will give 1-10%, do a few raids, and bam there’s a shiny 4* munky boi in your bots. AM, SM, 2*, 3* dupes, calendar.. it all adds up

Show him de wey
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

Show him de wey

Du yu no da wae ov da deval??
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited January 2018
    No offense, but I don't know what the point of this post is. The feature 4* is not supposed to be easy to attain. You really have two options if you want it... either be in a high level alliance, at which point you pretty much get it by just doing AM, a bit of casual arena, and exploring expert in spotlight, or you can grind your butt off each month.

The way I see it, it is a high level reward, that you can attain if you aren't in the high levels by some tough grinding. So I guess what I'm saying is, I would consider yourself lucky that it is even attainable. If you are trying to suggest that they need to change something, I'm not sure what more you could ask for.
  • I find that the more 4* I get the easier it is to hit 100k. I have 7 4* and in one run I can hit 300k most of which are auto fight and sandbag matches. Raiding is the most annoying week though.
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    No offense, but I don't know what the point of this post is. The feature 4* is not supposed to be easy to attain. You really have two options if you want it... either be in a high level alliance, at which point you pretty much get it by just doing AM, a bit of casual arena, and exploring expert in spotlight, or you can grind your butt off each month.

The way I see it, it is a high level reward, that you can attain if you aren't in the high levels by some tough grinding. So I guess what I'm saying is, I would consider yourself lucky that it is even attainable. If you are trying to suggest that they need to change something, I'm not sure what more you could ask for.

he is just having a whinge, let him
    I find that the more 4* I get the easier it is to hit 100k. I have 7 4* and in one run I can hit 300k most of which are auto fight and sandbag matches. Raiding is the most annoying week though.

dirty sandbagger, you should be ashamed!
    guys come on, he wrote the guide to how to grind 100k chips to get the 4* featured bot. He is just whining, let him whine.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    lol thanks guys for linking to my guide on 100k :p

It's the strategy I've used to successfully get the 4* every month so far without problems. I have enough 4* to do two cycles to get 10%. Put in the time and you can get it.

But now that we're on our 4th time just doing the exact same thing over and over again, it's getting a bit stale, tedious and monotonous.

Nothing has changed in the game at all.

Tek, you're severely overestimating the chips from AM, it actually makes very little difference. I've documented all the chips.

Nightgaunt's idea about picking rest times was my original idea, this month was supposed to be it, but it's a brawler with purify so I'm trying to push myself, even though Beast Wars means nothing to me. Without a nostalgia hook the game is pretty tough to keep playing. Maybe it's the update or because it's beast wars, I'm noticing how it crashes every couple of arena fights and the battery drain just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe the first couple of times it was a challenge to try, but now it's just a chore and a grind. If the grind is not fun/interesting/challenging, when does the fun part kick in?

Starting to wonder what's the point? :-/
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Yes, I think the core gameplay is an awesome idea and well executed. 3D combat arena is really cool, all the specials have excellent animation and match the character personality and of course have gorgeous graphics :D

• Kr_DCKr_DC Posts: 15
    I am already burnt out. Ironically, its not the feature bot which caused me to rethink my attitude but rather the 7 days of crystal arena.. Basically I was in the 1-2% for 7 straight days...

Since I have a head start with the number of dupes I opened this month, Primal might just be the last feature bot I get at 4* for some time to come.. I have 24 x 4* bots now but since I dont spend, T2 alpha sparks are a problem and this has made me feel I cant progress in the game anymore.. Yet another reason for me to slacken off. Currently doing just enough to get the highest tier rewards for feature bot crystal and coming in game only for AM. A far cry from previous when I was doing 1 round of arena every 3-4 hours.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    tekkn1kal wrote: »

he is just having a whinge, let him
    I find that the more 4* I get the easier it is to hit 100k. I have 7 4* and in one run I can hit 300k most of which are auto fight and sandbag matches. Raiding is the most annoying week though.

dirty sandbagger, you should be ashamed!

Guilty as charged
  • I just realized @Terminal is the OP :lol:
  • Just pace yourself and take a month off when it's not something / someone you're not interested in to help with the overwhelming feeling to be on all the time to grind.
    Terminal wrote: »
    lol thanks guys for linking to my guide on 100k :p

It's the strategy I've used to successfully get the 4* every month so far without problems. I have enough 4* to do two cycles to get 10%. Put in the time and you can get it.

But now that we're on our 4th time just doing the exact same thing over and over again, it's getting a bit stale, tedious and monotonous.

Nothing has changed in the game at all.

Tek, you're severely overestimating the chips from AM, it actually makes very little difference. I've documented all the chips.

Nightgaunt's idea about picking rest times was my original idea, this month was supposed to be it, but it's a brawler with purify so I'm trying to push myself, even though Beast Wars means nothing to me. Without a nostalgia hook the game is pretty tough to keep playing. Maybe it's the update or because it's beast wars, I'm noticing how it crashes every couple of arena fights and the battery drain just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe the first couple of times it was a challenge to try, but now it's just a chore and a grind. If the grind is not fun/interesting/challenging, when does the fun part kick in?

Starting to wonder what's the point? :-/

the point is T2A and T3C will become easier to grind for free later.. Right now T3C is only limited to paying customers or those that have completed ROK (some payment required once again). One 5* bots are released all their prices will be adjusted and there will be more places to farm them for FREE. Once that happens then more F2P players will have their 4* bots maxed out at rank 5.

If you really love Transformers you'll keep get busy collecting any 4* bots that you're missing or unduped.. That's the point as well. In preparation for the day where tougher contents will appear in game.

Nobody is forcing a player to grind hardcore.. if you feel burnout then take a break.. score less in Arena.. go have a 3 day vacation somewhere in the world.. play some other game like Witcher 3 on your computer (recently reached 100 hours on it.. one of the best games out there imo).. stop raiding so much? Many ways to get back your "oomph" to continue playing the game later.
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    I just completed Legends of Cybertron and pulled a brawler t3c, was so excitied for the the t3c.
    BUT brawlers is the one and only t3c I didn't need :(
    so I'm feeling the burn right now.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    edited January 2018
    For once Im already done with getting to 100k chips, so now its time to hoard crystals for the next one, if its something to have.
    Flavin wrote: »
    I just completed Legends of Cybertron and pulled a brawler t3c, was so excitied for the the t3c.
    BUT brawlers is the one and only t3c I didn't need :(
    so I'm feeling the burn right now.

Keep it for grimlock or mv1. Or primal if u have him duped + using beast wars team.