Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam, it's not the player's job to report cheaters, it's yours

It's why referees and officials exist in sports and gaming to begin with. It's the job of the players to play the game, not act as official or referee, so why are you asking us to police your game for cheaters? I know the refs aren't going to be there to see everything, so I get the whole "if you see something, say something" line of thinking, but you guys literally have zero refs to stop stuff like this:

757icg4sasmj.png

If you look at the bot rosters of these two players (and i'm keeping it ambiguous so this thread won't shut down, but anyone consistently in the top 20 can spot them) and then look at the raid defense history you will clearly see that something is immediately amiss. Yet here they are.

Since it seems like you're not concerned about this, then look at it at least from your standpoint. If you're going to spend all this time and effort to create new mods, wouldn't you want that part of the game to be running smoothly and fairly? All your efforts to create these things are going to waste because of players willfully and with impunity are cheating the game you made.

Imagine playing a sport that required 6 people to play so you bring 6 people and the other team brings 20 and gets away with it. That would never happen in any reasonably sanctioned sporting event, yet that's exactly what has been happening here for months.

Get it together and find a "referee" that can spot this behavior and eliminate it.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    try and remember that this is a game - a relatively small game, and I seriously doubt anyone from Kabam is trying to spot cheaters. It's a much more efficient system to have a report feature but they seriously need to make it easier to report and they seriously, seriously need to start following up on reports.

You could say it isn't a citizens duty to report crime, the police should just be going out and stopping it - doesn't work like that. The stuff you're referring to is not really an ongoing event with a set time, like say a football match.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Not saying the raid board isn't full of cheaters... But you would think they would cheat for something meaningful.

Really, who cares if they occupy the leaderboard. They aren't getting anything for it.

There are bigger fish to fry than a meaningless stat.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Yup yup that's all folks!!!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited January 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Not saying the raid board isn't full of cheaters... But you would think they would cheat for something meaningful.

Really, who cares if they occupy the leaderboard. They aren't getting anything for it.

In terms of "bigger fish" sure there are other problems with the game that need addressing, but we're talking about 20% (and probably more) of the game being fundamentally flawed. It actually is kind of a big deal.

Again, here they are running another promotion of these exclusive mods that they're looking to make money off of, but who is going to bother buying them if anyone can use a hack to get by anything? I'd say if they're not going to address the issue of hacking then the best thing to do is to just take the leaderboard down, but that still doesn't stop other parts of the game being effected by this.

Think about the people cheating to earn more arena points faster and inflating scoring cutoffs. Think of it being used to breeze through special missions to steal things other people are spending money on to try and earn. Is this being used in AM to effect the leaderboard there?

I don't think I'm out of line here in wanting them to put some automated checks in place to make sure every fight is being fought fairly. I've seen it used in lots of other games, so I know it can be done.

• Synthwave wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

In terms of "bigger fish" sure there are other problems with the game that need addressing, but we're talking about 20% (and probably more) of the game being fundamentally flawed. It actually is kind of a big deal.

Again, here they are running another promotion of these exclusive mods that they're looking to make money off of, but who is going to bother buying them if anyone can use a hack to get by anything? I'd say if they're not going to address the issue of hacking then the best thing to do is to just take the leaderboard down, but that still doesn't stop other parts of the game being effected by this.

Think about the people cheating to earn more arena points faster and inflating scoring cutoffs. Think of it being used to breeze through special missions to steal things other people are spending money on to try and earn. Is this being used in AM to effect the leaderboard there?

I don't think I'm out of line here in wanting them to put some automated checks in place to make sure every fight is being fought fairly. I've seen it used in lots of other games, so I know it can be done.

Automated checks deal with detection, to deal with the detected population, ultimately they need to decide to use auto-ban or review team(ban wave). Auto-ban is cheap and weak, review team is expensive and sufficient, we shall see how determined they want to fight this.