Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheaters

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I have seen a screenshot of a line chat room for hackers today, Idk if it's real or fake. 1 of the chatter there stated that 1 of the top alliance uses mods too, but I need more evidance to be 100% sure
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    I know cheaters from OV-family alliance, but who cares :/

All reports was successfully ignored.
    Meanwhile in MCOC there was another mass ban wave.

TFTF needs utilizer.

• Same player I reported twice already defeated my base again 30min ago, with a 3k team.
    Only got hurt by harm accelerators.

He's in now in a team who like drinking Pale Ale beers made in India.

yrnkh8cuhudx.jpg
    5fbwa0njrnnt.jpg
    ussy5bal7rib.jpg
    pig4ynuy067c.jpg
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    So can we talk about this ever-growing elephant in the room @Kabam Miike?

We know you guys look at these posts so we know they're not falling on deaf ears. Can you at least tell us if steps are being taken to begin to correct this so the integrity of the game can be restored? MCOC is clearly doing something about it, why can't you guys?

Oh absolutely. We're working on a way to better catch, and punish these players that use malicious methods to gain an advantage in game. We're making a lot of headway, and are getting closer and closer to something we're really happy with.

As for the other point, this is not MCoC. That is a different game run by a different team. We will not compare the two.
  • Synthwave wrote: »

We know you guys look at these posts so we know they're not falling on deaf ears. Can you at least tell us if steps are being taken to begin to correct this so the integrity of the game can be restored? MCOC is clearly doing something about it, why can't you guys?

Oh absolutely. We're working on a way to better catch, and punish these players that use malicious methods to gain an advantage in game. We're making a lot of headway, and are getting closer and closer to something we're really happy with.

As for the other point, this is not MCoC. That is a different game run by a different team. We will not compare the two.

I wish it will be something long term! not a temp solution!
  • What is the deal with Kabam not wanting any names named? Why not publicly (as public as this forum gets anyway) name them so everyone knows that person is cheating and needs to go? At least that way, if we see them around, we can call them out and we'll know Kabam isn't dealing with them and actually banning them from the game if we still see them around.

Ah, I seem to have answered my own question.

Its kinda hard to do the 'say something' part if we don't know who to say something about. Plus, where's the incentive if we don't even know if any action was taken or not. Kabam wants us to report cheaters (or bugs, or whatever), but why should we if we don't even know if anything gets done about it. Its not really hard for Kabam to reply to a report with "We investigated your report, verified that So-and-so cheated, restored your lost medals and raid chips and banned that person. So, they won't be cheating against you again. Have a nice day."
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    What is the deal with Kabam not wanting any names named? Why not publicly (as public as this forum gets anyway) name them so everyone knows that person is cheating and needs to go? At least that way, if we see them around, we can call them out and we'll know Kabam isn't dealing with them and actually banning them from the game if we still see them around.

Ah, I seem to have answered my own question.

Its kinda hard to do the 'say something' part if we don't know who to say something about. Plus, where's the incentive if we don't even know if any action was taken or not. Kabam wants us to report cheaters (or bugs, or whatever), but why should we if we don't even know if anything gets done about it. Its not really hard for Kabam to reply to a report with "We investigated your report, verified that So-and-so cheated, restored your lost medals and raid chips and banned that person. So, they won't be cheating against you again. Have a nice day."

The reason they don't want players named publicly, and they don't inform you of the outcome is because it will turn into a witch hunt in less than 10 seconds. Players will also start pointing fingers at the accused's alliance members and associates in the game.

It gets messy fast. Man, people get up in arms about 750 feature chips being for Megatron instead of Primal... How do you think they would react to a bulletin board list of cheaters?

• Oh absolutely. We're working on a way to better catch, and punish these players that use malicious methods to gain an advantage in game. We're making a lot of headway, and are getting closer and closer to something we're really happy with.

I’m not a programmer and have no knowledge of the game development process, so I’m asking the following questions out of curiosity, not as thinly-veiled criticism. Please excuse me if I seem harsh, because that’s not what I’m going for:

Why wasn’t it assumed from the beginning that some players would cheat? Cheating has been a problem in every mobile game I’ve played that has a PvP element. (I’m sure cheating is an issue in PvE games, too, but to individual players it isn’t nearly as noticeable.)

Why are you only “working on a way” to catch cheaters now, instead of building in security from the ground up? You have the data and technical expertise to understand how cheating software works. Wouldn’t it be smoother, faster, and more efficient if these anti-cheating mechanisms were built in from the start, rather than being added on later? You’d also have more resources available to deal with problems that inevitably crop up after launch.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m definitely glad you’re taking the issue seriously. I just don’t understand why it wasn’t addressed sooner.
  • Agreed.

Added to that, 100% hack proof application doesn't exist (app signing can be circumvented by encapsulation for instance) but at least one can make sure hacking has a higher cost, using server side and runtime signature verification, using robust code obfuscation to make reverse-engineering harder, and so on.
    Loads of litterature on the internet.

IMO, unless they really earn money from that, they should also look into best practices to prevent refund abuse...
  • NyvNyv Posts: 1
    Kabam mind making the game fair? People actually grind. Meanwhile people have an apk that makes a bot 0 hp. Lol
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited January 2018
    Yes. Useless. And painful.

I got a new one yesterday, still haven't reported because of that.
    Worst, he is probably part of a team that was banned and "has returned"...
    c72qg148jg2v.jpg
  • Why do we need to cover names?

Because of the forum rules...
    Why do we need to cover names?

Because of the forum rules...

Kabam doesn't want to have any "witch hunts", as soon as the identity of a cheater is shown, other players will start a flame war, start blacklisting or will harass the cheater
  • GhostFaceKillahGhostFaceKillah Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    The funny part by this Cheater problem is that since Release day Hacks and mods are available for TFTF and there will always be... The problem here is that almost 50 or 60% of all players are Using Mods or hacks have a look at the top alliance members Statistik and u will see what I mean(200+ Arena series... Rly?) and if kabam would ban all those ppl then you have the problem that this game is no longer Rentable. And Kabam will never let this happen its all a question of Money the more player you have for your game the more money you earn and since the adds are involved to the game is even more a question about money... So yeah we can report every player who you think they cheating and still hope that this player will be banned, if this player is banned he will create a new account or have already 2 or 3 accounts.... But here comes another problem, if kabam programmed a anti cheat script, hackers will always find a way to create a Hack or mod that works and we are again at the beginning of the problem, we need a new anti cheat script but this cost(as I say) a lot of money to programming this...its a Cat and Mouse game and we have this problem in all mmo games.... So screw this, get over it and play your game without any Mod or Hack and know that you are better then this suckers that can't beat even there grandma without a cheat
  • You are right about cats and mice game.

But regarding arena victories, being just above 100 myself, it doesn't mean they are cheaters, just old players, having played the old 3-day long arenas (and who learned earlier than myself how to reach infinite easily ... Or have paid for revives)
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited January 2018
    You guys are taking this cheating biz to another level. It’s becoming toxic. Now you guys are accusing top alliances of cheating with no evidence just conjectures and theories. Pretty soon people are going to start reporting just because they suck and want to spread the hate.

@GhostFaceKillah Man look, you don’t have to play every arena to get things in this game. You can easily complete spotlights and pay your way to the top. It’s not hard at all. As far as raids. 3* can still take an average base, It’s not impossible especially if the player has skill.
  • All I am trying to say is please don’t start accusing top alliances of stuff without proof. Do people cheat in this game, of course I posted a moron who took my 14k base with 2*s and didn’t appear to use potions. But if it’s not obvious then just be careful. This can turn from a positive thread where we want kabam to take action, which they acknowledged they will, to people just throwing battery acid at everyone.
  • I don't think I accused top alliances (although they might also have cheaters).
    Even these guys take dammages when they visit my base with their 10k+ squad...
    Because, well, they make mistakes as well sometimes

(PS i was ranked 4 in the last 2 arenas, with coffee as only cheat)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    To whomever made the assumption that 200+ arena streak wins makes someone a cheater...

No.

Some arenas used to be 3-4 days long, and the top tier players easily spent thousands of energon refreshing their arena teams in that era. It used to be the best way to earn new bots, since top 5 automatically got the feature of the month.

The records of those old arenas remain on players' accounts as their best streak. Arenas now are 24hrs and obviously it would be much tougher to make 200 wins in the new system.

Know your facts before making such assumptions.

My best streak is 64 wins, using 0 energon whatsoever (and that's not even close to how many rounds you could have actually played without energon refreshing, btw). It would have been extremely easy to use energon to get that to 200 if I had chosen to.

• Manthro wrote: »
    To whomever made the assumption that 200+ arena streak wins makes someone a cheater...

Know your facts before making such assumptions.

Haha you do know to many people here feelings are superior than facts right. :)
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    1rgfc3x8sui0.jpeg

Does look like 100% cheat or not? He is in top 5 crystal bounty. I did report him Jan 3, maybe he is legit? 14k base with harm in a middle
    One time I decided to test for fun, but if he is a cheater that's bad. I mean top 5????

MV1 can easily walk away from HA with no visible damage. He heals every hit when he’s bleeding you know?
    Can't Kabam work together with google to close hacking websites, I've found a couple of them
  • And now, you cannot even submit 2 reports in a row.

7d8fndzdyjyo.jpg

Really @Kabam Miike we need an "in game" report feature...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Really @Kabam Miike we need an "in game" report feature...

I think one fear is that it would make it too easy to abuse. People will just start reporting cheating on whoever beat their base. Then Kabam support will have the headache on sorting out which are accurate and which are spam.
  • Come on. They just have to hire a data analyst.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Synthwave wrote: »

Too bad you didn’t put something together already. AM results would have been different.
  • Raid and AM, probably arena as well.
    i was ranked 11 in last arena in Asia region and if i missed out my reward because of cheaters,,, grrrr..

i hope everything runs under controll any sooner.
  • Cheaters are over all raid now, can’t even report them fast enough. Only allowed 1 report till I get a response. Had 3 suspicious raids to report and can’t even get them in before more come through. Walking through 2 harm accelerators with R4 4*s without a suitable bot for it and not take any damage? Getting more annoying by the day.