Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3 4* crystals opened, 3 duplicates

What the hell is going on? I opened 3 4* crystals this month and all of them gave me dupes
But the strange this is I got 3 of my first 4* bots. Here's the order: Bludgeon, Rhinox and Ratchet
Bludgeon is my first bot, Rhinox was second, Ratchet was third
This is not random! This is a bug! So don't try to respond by saying "It's just random, better luck next time"
I bet my next bot will be a duped Windblade

Comments

• I fail to see what the problem is. And yeah, guess what, random is random. Bludgeon and Rhinox are solid dupes.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Thanks, but if I keep duping my 4* bots, I won't be able to have a full 4* team
  • Mark174Mark174 Posts: 41
    What do you mean by full? All 31 4* bots? I wonder if anyone has a full list of all available 4* bots in 4* crystal.

I know one person who has full 31 4* bots. Maybe he will make a channel on Youtube soon.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    What do you mean by full? All 31 4* bots? I wonder if anyone has a full list of all available 4* bots in 4* crystal.
    I meant a questing team full of 4* bots, it's not happening if the crystals keep bugging
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Hang on, let me put on my tinfoil hat and read this thread again...

Just as I thought, still no conspiracy.
    Nice dupes, I hope you like them. Yup, the drop rate is not 100% random. As I understand from Kabam's tutorials, it insures balance in the game between all players. My guess not all parts of the drop rate is random. 100% randomizer maybe will create a mess?!

I'd love to see where you saw this, LOL. In the Kabam tutorial? I think not.
  • I think we can say it's random, but the bots list are not in normal distribution. I would say It's something like log-normal distribution, where the Brawler especially MV1 has least chance to get it. Otherwise, they won't offer only 4* MV1 in energon store, if he has same drop rate like others.
    That's cool. Do you know the highest dup level his bots have or at least from top 3?

His highest dup level bots - shockwave and hot rod - 30 level.
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    edited January 2018
    Out of the 19 4* bots I own, the 3 that were first duped are also the first three I obtained (Prowl x3, Soundwave x2, OP G1 x2) .

I only have one other duped 4* (Drift x2).

I don't think it's random either - but I'm not complaining, I like the dupes I have.
    Mark174 wrote: »
    That's cool. Do you know the highest dup level his bots have or at least from top 3?

His highest dup level bots - shockwave and hot rod - 30 level.

Thanx! Wow, that's a lot of 4* pulling:) Invite him in to the forum. He can definitely show off with his army:)

Well, I'll let him know about this idea :)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    My first and second 4* are both Grindor. So I share the findings as some of you above. It's not uniformly distributed
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'd love to see where you saw this, LOL. In the Kabam tutorial? I think not.

From the game when you click on support link put in search "drop rate". Check out the "drop rate issue". Support link located in settings. Same place where is the link to sign up for the forum. And yeah, surprisingly Kabam has tutorials. Some kinda:) That's why the guys doing great thing by putting up info together.
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2861/working-on-a-spreadsheet-of-bots-mods-pairing-but-needing-some-art

Wait.. you're talking about this?

g1tzbaudvcch.png

Sorry, but you are grossly misinterpreting what this says. It does not say "drop rates are fixed to drop bots in sequential order". It says drop rates are what they are so that no one player gets a better chance over another player buying the same item/crystal, etc.

Now I'm sure someone is gonna show up and say "well, Kabam knows how to fix the drop rates because the 1* bots drop in order of the ones you currently do not have."

This has only ever been observed of the 1* bots. No one has been able to show the same level of drop rate control with any other tier bots.

If this was true of all the other tier bots, no one would get a duplicate until they had the entire bot roster in each tier.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Now I'm sure someone is gonna show up and say "well, Kabam knows how to fix the drop rates because the 1* bots drop in order of the ones you currently do not have."

This has only ever been observed of the 1* bots. No one has been able to show the same level of drop rate control with any other tier bots.

No, 1* still random and not guaranteed drop in sequence.

I have 50x 1* crystal once. I forged all 1* and open 10x crystal. It gives me 4 class only. I have to open another 3 crystal to get 2 missing class.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Hmm seems like you have a serious problem here.. let me redirect you to the mcoc forum :smiley:
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    i am dying for a dupe (featured bot chips, man!)... but aside from my current top 3 and also mixmustard, i am not getting any so far =\

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509

Yes.

https://youtu.be/YuSdM6V3PQU
  • Hey there Gunz0, I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the Bots you received from opening these 4-Star Crystals. While there are various Bots available in the game, receiving a different one from every Crystal you open is not guaranteed. Rest assured however, obtaining duplicate Bots is not a bug. Any Bots or items received from a Crystal are completely random and the items or Bots already in your account are not taken into consideration when you open a new Crystal. You may receive a duplicate of something you already have, or you may receive a completely new item or Bot!

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, you can find information on Crystal drop rates by visiting our Support Knowledge base. In-game, tap the gear in the upper left hand corner of your Base screen, then choose “Support”. From a computer, you can also review information by clicking here!

Should you have additional feedback on drop rates, please use the form provided at the link above. Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.