Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Focus Power Gain Mod

Can we look into increasing the timing for this mod and adding 2 more seconds? Right now, it's almost determental to activate sp3 (depending on the bot), the animation following your special's final hit takes off precious seconds you need to hit him again. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to exit the animation as you watch that timer tick down.
Tagged:

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    JKL wrote: »
    Can we look into increasing the timing for this mod and adding 2 more seconds? Right now, it's almost determental to activate sp3 (depending on the bot), the animation following your special's final hit takes off precious seconds you need to hit him again. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to exit the animation as you watch that timer tick down.

Shark (or anyone else) on focus power gain: aight mate so I’m just going to sit here and block until I get special 3, if you try attack me I’ll either dodge back or just attack you even though it breaks the laws of this game, that good? AI = no logic

= shockwave doesn’t approve
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    focus power gain is the one where you have to hit the bot with a melee to reset the timer. Defensive power gain is the one where the AI blocks and gains power.

So to the OPs point re: focus power gain, I have never used a special 3 on this lane because of that issue, you're way better off spamming your sp1 or 2 and countering his attacks and specials to progress on this lane. So far I've rarely had an issue aside from the occasional time prowl gains sp2.

Maybe you are blocking during combat a lot which I find puts the AI into a more defensive making them harder to apply a melee attack? not blocking almost lures them to use a special or throw an attack so be ready to sidestep or dodge and counter.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    @Canuck33 Yeah, I don't block much and look to draw them in to counter. I also try to use my sp1/2 but sometimes just due to how the fight goes, I will reach sp3 (especially with a power gain bot like Rat). It happens more so against Rhinox as I'm sure you know can't use your special until shields are down.

I feel adding a few seconds helps with the sp3 animation problem. Especially for those that might use OG against anyone on this lane as his sp3 doesn't even count as a melee hit.
  • Thanks for the input! I'll take this to the team right now.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I agree, mods that produce significant gains during s3 are very difficult.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Any power gain mod please, even the Defensive power gain module is annoying
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Thanks for the input! I'll take this to the team right now.

Old thread but actually relevant again. Any word from the team? :D
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Rinox use a double hitter and you can launch sp at will...