Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Optimus Primal "Sticky Feet"

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I've asked other Alliance members if they are experiencing the same thing, and they are...

Optimus Primal has "sticky feet" when you try to sidestep with him, meaning the input doesn't register, and he just stands there.

It happens most often in the following scenarios:

Double Sidestepping in the same direction, the 2nd sidestep will often not register.

Attempting to sidestep a dash attack after a missed basic ranged shot.

Both these scenarios will often trigger the sticky feet problem. It's easy to replicate, just fight anything with a high difficulty where you have to be constantly moving. Without a doubt you will experience this bug.

Please look into it so it can be corrected on the upcoming update... This is a bot players really want to use, and it is not functioning properly.

I have submitted a bug report through the support page as well.

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Every bot has had "sticky feet" to some degree since the November update, but it does seem to be gradually getting worse. I don't use Primal enough to notice, but I see it all the time in high level arena.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    For Primal, it happens far too often. All the rest of my bots don't seem to have this issue whatsoever. And the feedback I'm getting from alliance mates is that Primal seems to have this issue for every player.

If it's an issue across other bots in all game modes then clearly it is a much larger problem than I thought.

I just noticed it today as I was trying out a beast synergy squad in AM. Primal got stuck on every bot in section 1, luckily I still won those fights but I could have easily got away with near perfect victories.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Yep I’m getting this too bro it’s annoying since it seriously tampers with my play style, sidestep twice then it blocks? Intentional? I think not!
    edited January 2018
    Mine doesn't even block when it happens.. He just stands there waiting to get hit. Lol.
  • ZukoZuko Posts: 29
    That happens to me too, its really annoying, I noticed that when you are fighting with the sword bots especially dinobot, He suffers the worst sticky feet, sometimes when you strafe he blocks instead if you do it rapidly. Sometimes OG Primals Special 2 misses at point blank range during the initiation of the attack
    i opened up a bug disscussion and it has been brushed to the side forgotten
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    his sp2 is kinda trash, I really regret making him rank 5, although I had no other brawler, and it was him or grindor.
  • I too notice this as well, after a while I think I know why, I might be wrong.

I input too fast trying to queue commands and the animation is not catching up to the commands, the sidestep command sometimes skips, if I input a command after an animation of previous command finishes, it wont have this problem.

You could test this on Primal and sort of feel it
    1. tap very fast to fire full chain of ranged and sidestep:
    tap->tap->tap->tap->tap->downswipe
    2. tap not so rapidly and sidestep:
    tap tap tap downsipe
    edited January 2018
    I too notice this as well, after a while I think I know why, I might be wrong.

I input too fast trying to queue commands and the animation is not catching up to the commands, the sidestep command sometimes skips, if I input a command after an animation of previous command finishes, it wont have this problem.

You could test this on Primal and sort of feel it
    1. tap very fast to fire full chain of ranged and sidestep:
    tap->tap->tap->tap->tap->downswipe
    2. tap not so rapidly and sidestep:
    tap tap tap downsipe

Good eye.

Yep, I noticed this too, was just coming here to report. you have to wait a split second longer than other bots to sidestep multiple times, or after a series of inputs like you described.

The moment his front foot finishes moving/animation completes is when you can sidestep again without problem. It's like 1/10th of a second longer than any other bot in the game, but it's enough to screw you up if you aren't aware of it and in a tough battle.

I've learned to adapt, but it shouldn't be like this. Needs to be adjusted to move like all other bots.
  • Seems likely most of my bots have this issue at medium and higher difficulty. And like every other bug it’s progressively getting worse
  • If u experience this kind of issue...just pause the fight for 1 sec and continue,this can solve the problem ....Just a short term solution
    edited February 2018
    Wanted to report the "sticky feet" is still an issue after the update, as is his s2 missing on random occasions.

Had Barricade dead to Rights in AM, launched s2 and it passed through him like he wasn't even there. Resulting s2 retaliation by Barricade resulted in a KO.

Manthro is not amused.
    ouch thats rough
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited February 2018
    Hey, so yeah.

This is really bad.

Since 5.1 there’s been issues with control.
    For example, pressing down heavy attack sometimes does nothing, leaving me standing there to get hit.

But Primal is exceptionally bad. Really unresponsive to side stepping. Considering this game relies heavily on the ability to sidestep in harder fights, this... doesn’t... it’s not good...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I've been playing with Primal a little more recently. I've found I can multiple sidestep if swiping down. If I sidestep up, it seems like the animation of his hand going back down has to finish before I can sidestep again making it harder to multiple sidestep.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Seems like Hound is just as sticky.
    The gif below was made from a video posted by an alliance member. My Primal seems to be converting bleeds into heals normally, but more than one player has noted that bleeds sustained from hound are not being converted at all, either through purifying via heavy attack synergy or expiring naturally. Take a look:

a7bx6rwc66ni.gif

• I agree, I've been having "sticky feet" problems and sp2 not registering problems with primal. The sp2 not registering has also been happening with ramjet. Dash backs and sidesteps sometimes don't register with primal and I literally have just experienced both of those problems right now as I am in a raid.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Sticky feet, and sticky special button. I thought it was just me, but after reading this... I pressed the special button and more times than I can count the bot would just stand there for a second before dishing it out, or it would just not do it at all, enough time for the enemy bot to either put up a block or counterattack. This is bs.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    I don't know about the rest of you, but yesterday seemed to be the worse it has been in a long time for me with this issue, and not just primal. I like the comments about too quick of commands being inputted which would explain why it occurs more often in higher bot PI fights that often move faster which require faster movements. Yesterday however in all game modes I was experiencing bots moving in the wrong direction or even up to a 2 second delay to move after a swipe with no further input. The animations weren't choppy at the time so it wasn't that kind of lag, it was just a really bad delay at actually doing swipes and taps entered.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Found another glitch: when using OPL in arena. the Nano repair stops working -- even when he's not at 100% health, there are no green '1's popping.
  • I hope they will fix sticky feet bug soon. It's very annoying.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    So apparently... According to Kabam support this isn't an issue because not many players have reported this. I asked them how they could have possibly missed it because it was so common it has a term attached to it...sticky feet
    edited March 2018
    It's finally fixed on the update, thank you dev team! So much easier to use now instead of having to adjust my timing just for one bot.

If you you spam sidestep way too fast he still blocks for a split second, but at least he doesn't stand there like a pylon anymore. Working well enough to reliably dodge IH S2 instead of having to block, so I say the issue has been resolved.

Feel free to close the thread
  • Glad to hear it's flowing easier! I'll let share the appreciation with the rest of the team. :)
This discussion has been closed.