Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

The IronHide Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 3* IronHide

Comments

• Options
    AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 220: Today is Bumblebee Day! Watch the video and you'll see why...

In all seriousness, my search continues to awaken my newly acquired 3-Star IronHide but a new dilemma is on the horizon. Should I forge my 1* IH into my 2*IH before forging into my 3*? OR should I forge my 1* AND 2* at the same time into my 3* IH? If confused, watch the video to find out more... thanks!
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    AGBandit wrote: »
    Day 220: Today is Bumblebee Day! Watch the video and you'll see why...

In all seriousness, my search continues to awaken my newly acquired 3-Star IronHide but a new dilemma is on the horizon. Should I forge my 1* IH into my 2*IH before forging into my 3*? OR should I forge my 1* AND 2* at the same time into my 3* IH? If confused, watch the video to find out more... thanks!

The answer is... It makes no difference, you don't lose forge XP doing it either way, BUT.....

only click and forge ONE bot at a time when doing it. There are instances where forging is bugged selecting multiple bots and it'll simply ignore the forge XP from one or more of the forge fodder you are using.

Has happened to me before, and others on this forum.

The differential you see when comparing the different combinations of forging is nothing more than a visual glitch. Do one bot at a time. You'll always see and get the correct amount of forge XP.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    There is a tiny bit of potential xp loss. If you forge same bot into same higher starred bot, you get a small bonus, so if you have a 2/3/4* IH, it is ever so slightly better to first forge 2->3 and then 3->4 because 2->4 will only give you same class bonus and not the bot bonus. I think. I could be wrong, and bot bonus is also applied from 2->4. Maybe someone should check that out.
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    edited January 2018
    I consider my 3* Ironhide to have far more combat ability than my 4*. He’s got so many dupes it makes him very hard hitting. Plus he’s maxed forged and that makes a lot of difference in his ability. 226ebo1benbd.png
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    WarCat wrote: »
    I consider my 3* Ironhide to have far more combat ability than my 4*. He’s got so many dupes it makes him very hard hitting. Plus he’s maxed forged and that makes a lot of difference in his ability. 226ebo1benbd.png

Feeling lucky, punk?
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

Feeling lucky, punk?

Iron Harry
    Get Bay on the phone, we need this movie made!
  • Options

You duped him at least 17 times? Here I am with barely one... My most duped 3* bot are my Prime's at 3x each. WTH? I guess being LVL 50 has it's privileges!
  • Options
    RemmieRemmie Posts: 212

You duped him at least 17 times? Here I am with barely one... My most duped 3* bot are my Prime's at 3x each. WTH? I guess being LVL 50 has it's privileges!

Or, maybe he worked hard to earn more crystals ... Or maybe he chose to do raids when demo sig was available. Maybe he plays sig arena. Maybe hes more active. This, this was the most narrow of anything you said. Lmao

But on topic, congrats on ur 3* IH, took me forever to get him as well... For. Ev. Er. And I grind, much more than you do mate. However, the dup came within a few weeks, so yay for that !
  • Options
    Day 235: Apparently today was Fem-Bot day and nobody warned me about it... oh well.
  • Options
    Day 243: Over 20 Crystals opened... and nothing new to report. Lots of great commentary though if you don't mind hearing me blab...
  • Options
    Day 255: Just Sadness & Dispair... at least the video is as short as it's ever been.
  • Options
    sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115
    Day 255: Just Sadness & Dispair... at least the video is as short as it's ever been.

Take some heart that at least your favorite bot EXISTS in this game. I have been crossing my fingers for JAZZ every month since I got into this game last summer. The snubbing of the first-lieutenant continues.....
  • Options
    sabre_777 wrote: »

Take some heart that at least your favorite bot EXISTS in this game. I have been crossing my fingers for JAZZ every month since I got into this game last summer. The snubbing of the first-lieutenant continues.....

I'm pulling for Jazz too! Having Barricade as the only Movie Scout in my lineup does NOT bode well with my other Autobots...
  • Options
    Day 263: IT. IS. FINISHED.
  • Options
    RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    So you duped em? Thank god.. so now it's over? Pls?
  • Options
    Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    And it only took 263 days....lmao
  • Options
    "The Coronation of the King"

Editor's Note - Just noticed Warcat72's 3-Star IH... so it looks like I have a NEW goal to shoot for... thanks Warcat! ;)
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    Congrats.

And so begins the 4* Ironhide gambit...
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    "The Coronation of the King"

Editor's Note - Just noticed Warcat72's 3-Star IH... so it looks like I have a NEW goal to shoot for... thanks Warcat! ;)

Congrats Bandit, glad it finally happened for you. I do work the signature bounty pretty hard when it comes up. My 3* is now at level 95 on his signature ability. Enjoy the duped Ironhide.
  • Options

Guaranteed disappointment more like ;( how close are you to a shard 4*?
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    you're playing the game too casually.. try spend more time in it and it'll pay off better.
  • Options
    Davien wrote: »
    you're playing the game too casually.. try spend more time in it and it'll pay off better.

Spend more money more like :lol: jk, all about practice, knowing what’s right and what’s not like prowls sp2. Find yourself an alliance get involved with am, that really helps boost your skills. When Expert is nerfed you’ll be able to grow real fast
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    I could max forge my 4* Ironhide now, but that would mean dropping 20+ bots. I will try to max out more 3* and 2*. Don't want to lose too many.
  • Options
    "Guaranteed 4-Stars Day"

Not even looking for a 4-Star IronHide... completely content with my Maxed Out 3-Star IH....
  • Options
    Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    This thread is still alive?!?
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    "Guaranteed 4-Stars Day"

Not even looking for a 4-Star IronHide... completely content with my Maxed Out 3-Star IH....

a maxed out even fully forged 3* IH wont get you anywhere in this game though
  • Options
    4-Star Bot Opening Day

Stay Tuned.... because the NEXT video is gonna prove DaveJL wrong about what a group of misfit 3-Star Bots CAN do... they're gonna help me beat this game.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    4-Star Bot Opening Day

Stay Tuned.... because the NEXT video is gonna prove DaveJL wrong about what a group of misfit 3-Star Bots CAN do... they're gonna help me beat this game.

No mate, you're not going to prove anything at all. I'm sorry but you play at such a low and basic level compared to so many, that whatever you think is beating this game, isn't beating the game. If you want to beat story mode, fine, good on you. But trust me, to play this game at the top level, 3* bots don't cut it.