Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shark forging

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Valiant
When forging sharks, do you get more shards of the next rank if you have a higher signature power?

Comments

• Yeah, did anyone immediately forge theirs for science to see if you get pants for it? 123 not it! :P
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I got a nice pair of navy sharkskin boots, but alas no pants. I'm actually leveling/ranking him up, trying to maximize shark crystals when I forge everything at weeks end.
  • That was the question though, if sharkticons follow the usual forging rules.
    Okay fine I did it, r3 13/30 2* no sig tech shark into Rhinox gave 613 3* shark chips, can't remember how much forge xp.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Tested mine: maxed 2* grants 630 shards
    So definitely we should first max them. And for sig level... I don't recall any 2* awakening programs though. So we have to wait for tomorrow's Arena to start getting 2* shards, open 2* crystals and hope for a dupe.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Wow 600+ for a maxed 2* shark that’s awesome
    So provided we're willing to grind, 3* sharks shouldn't be a problem. Now 4* sharks on the other hand...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    we need more data about how many shards at various break points.. because only a week, even with over a 1000 ore stashed, it might not be enough, because we also have to boost the 3* to get extra shards.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I wonder how much you get for one that hasn’t been leveled or ranked. I used up most of my ore and gold trying to get my bots to at least r3 prior to this; don’t think I’ll be able to grind enough to max the sharks before forging.

Btw, is everyone planning to use up their resources to max and then forge the Sharkticons as they come in?
    edited February 2018
    It's not clear if we can still forge the sharks we obtain during the week and then make crystals after the event ends.

Honestly, because we only have 7 days, I feel like they really should have provided a lot more information (and well in advance of the event, not at the last minute) so we can plan our time, playing and spending accordingly to achieve our goals.

How many shards from a 3* max rank? what about rank 2? T2 Class sparks are an issue, if we can only make crystals during this week then we need to know how to balance our resources.

What about dupes.. is it better to forge before we dupe or after? again.. it's balancing around the resources we have.. and we have no idea.

last minute event announcements doesn't help with hype and people can't prepare either.
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    Can we please get some more info on how forging sharks with signatures unlocked are? Do they give slightly more shards? Do they give a lot more? Is the the same?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I'm guess maybe till at least the end of the month? Day 28 on the calendar is a 3 star Sharkticon crystal so I'm assuming at least that long...
    Just for clarity, if I forge a 2* shark into a 3* shark I still get the usual benefits? Or do I have to forge into a non-shark bot?
  • The description seemed to indicate that shark shards would stick around for a long time. You just wouldn't be able to obtain any more sharks for the time being. And you get the forge XP for whatever you forge into, you just only get shark shards and not regular crystal shards.
  • So a heads up one of the guys in our alliance duped the tech and max out with one dupe forging gave him 1000+ 3* shards. I guess i forged too quickly.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Ok so here:
    2* 1/10: 401
    2* 3/30: 630
    2* 3/30 dupe: 1031

Sounds about right.
  • That's not a linear scale. Seems you'd be better off maxing unduped sharks to forge. But that would be really expensive.
  • Since Kabam decided to give us absolutely zero info on shards and left us to figure this out on our own...we know what 2*’s give at each level, can someone please let us know how many shards 3*’s give after they’ve forged...thanks
  • Well on one hand if you forge a 2* straight up no leveling you don't get anywhere near 400 shards, so...

Sounds like it's more forgiving than usual, but still follows usual forge pattern where you get more per level/ Sig/ forge level.

I would say hang on to em and forge when you usually would, but if there's an end point forging the leftovers to beat the deadline wouldn't be near as bad as normal. I guess what we really need is deadline clarification?
  • What we really need is a detailed description of an event before it’s released...I know that’s probably asking too much
  • From what it looks like, forging max level sharks while dupped and leveling them back up is the best and most expensive way to get shards. The most convenient way is to probably get sharks dupped as much as possible then on the final day just forge them all and get the 4 star sharks.
  • guild mate did a 3/30 sig level 13 received 2310 shards
  • Sysshock wrote: »
    guild mate did a 3/30 sig level 13 received 2310 shards

Jesus... yeah that's definitely more of same but more forgiving (you can't get 2310 shards no matter what you did outside of sharks).

My suggesting remains, forge as normal, but would be great for clarification on when shark shards actually end

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    You don't need to rush to rank up your sharks. They will give shark shards now, or give shark shards 6 months from now when forged.

It's just that once the event is done, the only extra source of shark shards will be from forging. No more shark arena teams or events giving them out.

It's no different than buying a feature crystal and not opening it for months
  • What we really need is a detailed description of an event before it’s released...I know that’s probably asking too much

I know that you guys would like it, but we're not gonna share that information. We want you all to figure this out. You can do it on your own, or you can do it together, but this is a game, and that means that there is exploration and problem solving to be done.

We can't tell you every single thing. Where's the fun in that?

PS. It looks like many of you have already figured this out.
    so will the special tab remain permanently after the event so we can create shark crystals.. and sharks will continue to give shark shards after the event?

The only thing is not collecting any new sources of sharks?

I know that you guys would like it, but we're not gonna share that information. We want you all to figure this out. You can do it on your own, or you can do it together, but this is a game, and that means that there is exploration and problem solving to be done.

We can't tell you every single thing. Where's the fun in that?

PS. It looks like many of you have already figured this out.

As frustrating as that is on one level, I also agree with it. Half the fun I've had in this game is working with people to work out how the game works! Here's a screenshot of a bit of one table King of Pain and I used to work out the forge table (keep in mind this is the final version *after* many many errors: Green is the 4* bots, red are 3* bots, the yellow in between is the gain. But even after dozens and dozens of forges, with lots of people sharing screenshots of their forging (especially @Sabugen ) I still took a looooong time to work out how ranks, levels, forge levels, sig levels, class bonuses, and same-bot bonuses all contribute to the final return in forge points and bot crystal shards - and I still never got around to working out how much gold we get for forging ).

8bmcidszdvym.png

And the forge calculator formula is definitely my favourite spreadsheet formula out of many years working with data!

zkxvxofgk0mj.png

Good times :wink:
  • Terminal wrote: »
    so will the special tab remain permanently after the event so we can create shark crystals.. and sharks will continue to give shark shards after the event?

The only thing is not collecting any new sources of sharks?

So, the Special Tab will go away, but you'll still be able to Forge Sharkticons for Sharkticon Crystal shards. There may just not be a way to get more Sharkticons after this,
    So we will rely on you, @Trailfire :)