Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Still not addressed the constant Crashing?

123457»

Comments

• @Kabam Kavs today no crash just reinstalled the game but sometimes I had a crash in background.at the moment works good
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Unfortunately no change here. 5 arena series getting to 3x multiplier and it crashed 3 times. The third time forced a loss, making me lose points. feels like I'm fighting two enemies, the ai bot and the bugs.

iPhone6. :(

Hey Terminal, the targeted server fix was for specific Android devices (with the Mali GPU). We did make some other fixes to memory leaks in 5.1, but that would have been felt more in the mission flow. We're spending time right now improving our arena flow, so we're hoping that our next release things are a big smoother for you.

Are you crashing as much in the other modes after 5.1, or does it feel better?

• xxerexx wrote: »
    In my case the background app is crashing a lot still. I'm not getting the push notifications and it's triggering the "bad" application alerts. Using a s8+ (US) on android 7.0
    MVSteve wrote: »
    Maybe too early to comment but I'm pleasantly surprised! As we all know, those of us with the mass crashing problems had it step up with the last update where every arena to every other was crashing and every AM fight crashed, at least to that level for me.

Today my sanity was restored as I did not have a single crash during arenas! I thought did I dream this!?!? So I joined my team in the AM and restarted between fights as I was nervous to just go but after finish off the last sharkticon of the first group I went to starscream and decided to just go with it getting to soundwave without a crash!

Now, I know it's not fixed/perfect cuz I had a couple crashes while in story missions and just navigating around. So unless this has been a major fluke, keep up the good work Kabam, this was a big step in the right direction.
    @Kabam Kavs today no crash just reinstalled the game but sometimes I had a crash in background.at the moment works good

I'm glad to hear it. This is a huge relief, as this was one of our top priorities to patch up.

Regarding the "crash in background" or "bad application alerts", do you mean that your phone will show "Transformers has stopped responding" even though you're not in the game itself? If so, this looks like a new issue we should track in a different thread (but we're aware of it and are working on a fix this morning).
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Kavs Had a couple of crashed but the heating up is insane. After 10-15 minutes, my phone is so hot, I can't even hold it. I just had a new battery put in this week.

iPhone 6s Plus, 11.2.5 iOS
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    xxerexx wrote: »
    In my case the background app is crashing a lot still. I'm not getting the push notifications and it's triggering the "bad" application alerts. Using a s8+ (US) on android 7.0
    MVSteve wrote: »
    Maybe too early to comment but I'm pleasantly surprised! As we all know, those of us with the mass crashing problems had it step up with the last update where every arena to every other was crashing and every AM fight crashed, at least to that level for me.

Today my sanity was restored as I did not have a single crash during arenas! I thought did I dream this!?!? So I joined my team in the AM and restarted between fights as I was nervous to just go but after finish off the last sharkticon of the first group I went to starscream and decided to just go with it getting to soundwave without a crash!

Now, I know it's not fixed/perfect cuz I had a couple crashes while in story missions and just navigating around. So unless this has been a major fluke, keep up the good work Kabam, this was a big step in the right direction.
    @Kabam Kavs today no crash just reinstalled the game but sometimes I had a crash in background.at the moment works good

I'm glad to hear it. This is a huge relief, as this was one of our top priorities to patch up.

Regarding the "crash in background" or "bad application alerts", do you mean that your phone will show "Transformers has stopped responding" even though you're not in the game itself? If so, this looks like a new issue we should track in a different thread (but we're aware of it and are working on a fix this morning).

Yes, "Transformers has stopped responding" pops up on Android repeatedly, as much as 10 minutes after exiting the app. This is happening on my Moto Z running Android 7. Doesn't crash in game (never has, my phone has always run the game just fine), but this is a new one where it seems all the processes do not shut down after swiping the app closed.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited February 2018
    It seems like the alert of "transformers has stopped working" happens around the time I would've been booted for inactivity anyways, so having to log in again isn't really doing anything different for me.
    Using a Samsung S7 running Android 7.0
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    +1 It's happening on my Samsung Galaxy S8 also.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Still crashing in Alliance Missions, Arena and Story Missions.

iPhone 8
    iOS 11.2.2
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited February 2018
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »
    Unfortunately no change here. 5 arena series getting to 3x multiplier and it crashed 3 times. The third time forced a loss, making me lose points. feels like I'm fighting two enemies, the ai bot and the bugs.

iPhone6. :(

Hey Terminal, the targeted server fix was for specific Android devices (with the Mali GPU). We did make some other fixes to memory leaks in 5.1, but that would have been felt more in the mission flow. We're spending time right now improving our arena flow, so we're hoping that our next release things are a big smoother for you.

Are you crashing as much in the other modes after 5.1, or does it feel better?

All modes crash equally as much, even just viewing bots, bot info and upgrading after doing some battles causes crashes.. changing modes basically guarantees a crash on party select in the new mode, or if already selected then in 1-2 fights. Doing any mode and then trying to choose a team and enter AM crashes like every time as well.

Switching bots on the VS screen causes a crash.. I just did it now.. default bot selected in AM, clicked on another one.. clicked back on the original one.. crash, I'd done 2 fights before that in AM.

Edit: just crashed again.. finished my AM fight, switched to spotlight, did 2 fights.. 3rd fight clicked on all 5 different bots on the VS screen (slowly as a test, I let them load), when I got to the last one, it crashed.

It's like this all the time. Constantly.
  • @Kabam Kavs I confirm the app just stop working in background with the message transformers has stopped working but same problem on mcoc today
  • Today was a ridiculous amount of crashing. I normally don't crash much, but today at the initiation of a fight I've crashed multiple times in all modes. AM, raid, story, and arena.