Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

No health repair on S3 with energon storm

Battling the Galvatron mini-boss, I ended up with a S3. Used it, but got no added health. I thought there’s supposed to be a 25% health repair with the S3. It’s not like the special missed.

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Same thing happened to me today
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Take a tick of damage first or it don’t work.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Dircules wrote: »

That's not the reason. Charging through s1-s3 he's been taking shock damage the entire time.

The Regen system on this mod is broken. It only works intermittently, and it's a total Red Herring to employ a strategy of s2/s3 Regen when you don't know if it'll actually function.

The mod needs to be looked at after the buff to Galvatron. It does too much damage in general and it doesn't heal hp consistently when conditions are met.

Combine this with the very effective buff to Galvatron himself and you have an extremely difficult miniboss that actually rivals the main boss on the map. Some would even say Galvatron is more difficult than Megatron.

It doesn't make logical sense.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Oh, one quick additional note. Galvatron wasn’t in the special resistance phase. It was melee resistance.
  • Yeah, this is something I've brought up in the past. The heal is hit or miss. I've tested it with or without landing any hits or all hits in the special and I've seen inconsistent results all around. Also considered it could be a timer on it so you don't get too many back to back heals, but I've had it not heal on the first special used when all hits of the special landed.

I just gave up on this one tbh.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Manthro wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    It doesn't make logical sense.

It doesn’t. But that’s how it’s worked for me. If you get your third stack of shock, take a tick before fire S3. Regardless of shock damage before that.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    So, ran into this again. This time with a S2. I did lose some health to the energon strom and at least one ranged from Galvatron. Hit him with the S2 and no health gain.

However, I happened to launch it just after it switched to special resistance. So although my S2 hit, Galvatron lost no health and I gained no health. I assumed as long as the special connected, I would get health repair since hitting him with melee during melee resistance still gives you power (even though Galvatron loses no health).