Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

David vs. Goliath Victories

Just curious what everyone's David vs. Goliath Moments looked like.
My largest differential amount came yesterday when my maxed out 3* Drift took down a 4* Prowl in Arena play.
I'm not sure what the tale of the tape was for Prowl before the Class Advantage kicked in, but my Drift normally sits at 1,231.
But even with the Class Advantage, I don't think 770 point difference is nothing to balk at.

piu6wlzci3yp.png
x92fxx74y1qi.png

Curious to see what mountains you guys were able to conquer and by how much, thanks!

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    3ovbquth6o0q.png
    Got this shark attack! yesterday, have some other good fights too, I’ll dig them up for ya
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Mine was a 2 star Arcee vs. an r4 Motormaster in Arena last year when I was still using sandbag teams.
    xxv7s90dtl66.png
    This raid.. had og prime on harm accelerator, I had to use windblade vs drift (laser guidance) at the end was really tense
  • 0pdc0j65gh6v.png

Got em.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Sabugen wrote: »
    bhj6lajr7mxi.jpg
    e6w3pylci4jd3.jpg
    not necesserily my best but its some david goliath moment

Nice.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    0pdc0j65gh6v.png

Got em.

This one is most epic fight.
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    0pdc0j65gh6v.png

Got em.

Wow. Just wow. Not even chuck Norris could even think of such a feat
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    3ovbquth6o0q.png
    Got this shark attack! yesterday, have some other good fights too, I’ll dig them up for ya

Wow, these are all an inspiration. That 1,592 point differential between Windblade and the S-1000 would've had me throwing in the towel thinking it's a gimme for the opponent.

I must REALLY suck at gameplay too (just to add to my other list of shortcomings) because in Arena play, as soon as my opponent stacks up with a 400+ differential... I LOSE 98% of the time. Whelp... let's see if I can muster taking down a bigger Goliath today... i'm inspired!
    bhj6lajr7mxi.jpg
    e6w3pylci4jd3.jpg

85 hits in a row?! I freak out when I combine a chain of 30+. I probably would've lasted all of 2 min. tops in this specific fight. I wonder how long THIS battle lasted?

So... what we're witnessing here is someone (who had been born in the 70's) that could've easily set Arcade world records in Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc...
    AGBandit wrote: »
    bhj6lajr7mxi.jpg
    e6w3pylci4jd3.jpg

85 hits in a row?! I freak out when I combine a chain of 30+. I probably would've lasted all of 2 min. tops in this specific fight. I wonder how long THIS battle lasted?

So... what we're witnessing here is someone (who had been born in the 70's) that could've easily set Arcade world records in Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc...

I’ve done 200+ ;) it’s easier when you’re fighting a high rating bot, a Goliath. E.g. rok
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    wg7srchd3klz.png

I prefer being Goliath :D
    JKL wrote: »
    wg7srchd3klz.png

Wow you are a ninja, that requires some skill and talent dude.
    So I just recorded a typical "Goliath" fight that I tend to lose. Mirage vs. Megatron
    I'm beginning to think I'm handicapped by my hardware as you might notice some stuttering.
    (Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime)

Any tips aside from "wait for an attack, dodge and counter.." because I AM trying to do that...
  • px9px9 Posts: 6
    2w6i7hjjxbh7.png
    sorry the image quality is bad
    px9 wrote: »
    2w6i7hjjxbh7.png
    sorry the image quality is bad

I mean wow! You didn't even take a blocked range attack not once?! Going untouched is just impossible for me...
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    7age1kagwqjc.png
    922wf5lql8ko.png

It took 26 mins but the AI finally did it!!

Ok, now THIS is funny!

Oh but it was my Ironhide... NOT FUNNY!
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    jjy0dog23645.jpg
    p03eamzbf9g9.jpg

new best on mix and annoying fight vs mv1 electro resistance without any shock damage
  • No screenshot, but one of my best was my rank 2 4* Shockwave taking down a rank 5 4* Bludgeon. With 2/3 health bar to spare.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    75002rxvtj4a.png
    I had to use revives in that raid
    rrscynp5zw4m.jpg
    cpoqsztalvbc.png

f37310i3aof4.png
    Loving shockwaves new buffs
  • JKL wrote: »
    wg7srchd3klz.png

that must have taken about one hit
  • AGBandit wrote: »
    Wow, these are all an inspiration. That 1,592 point differential between Windblade and the S-1000 would've had me throwing in the towel thinking it's a gimme for the opponent.

I must REALLY suck at gameplay too (just to add to my other list of shortcomings) because in Arena play, as soon as my opponent stacks up with a 400+ differential... I LOSE 98% of the time. Whelp... let's see if I can muster taking down a bigger Goliath today... i'm inspired!

Just as a general rule of thumb, in arena especially, you should always consider yourself to have a good chance as long as your bot is at least 50% of their bot's rating. Even if you aren't good enough for that to be the case, the differential is never based on a linear number, it is based on %.

So a 200 pi bot should have a similar difficulty in beating a 400 pi bot as a 2000 pi bot has with 4000.
  • 3pe2igugfc0k.png
    stwlkd1l0cd3.png

This was the first "hard" match of that arena series. I had zoned out and was playing without really thinking, and when I realised the match had been going on forever, i looked and saw I was about to win with a 1* bot.

So I got the shot!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    3pe2igugfc0k.png
    stwlkd1l0cd3.png

This was the first "hard" match of that arena series. I had zoned out and was playing without really thinking, and when I realised the match had been going on forever, i looked and saw I was about to win with a 1* bot.

So I got the shot!

The sheer effort/reward ratio makes me think that the points you earn could use some multiply factor based on successful hits.
    3pe2igugfc0k.png
    stwlkd1l0cd3.png

So I got the shot!

I don't get this in a sense that as soon as the opponent goes full red bars, they initiate it and it's over for me.
  • szej6wulgkto.jpeg
    Don’t really know if this counts. This one was quite easy
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Link to the vid as proof lol don’t want anyone saying I cheated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpD_LU4cko

usfk1d6srbcn.png
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    szej6wulgkto.jpeg
    Don’t really know if this counts. This one was quite easy

Nice view