Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shockwave does not get shock charges blocking Drift ranged attack.

I assume this also applies to bludgeon and any other 'melee' damage ranged shot bots if there are any.

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Yes, shockwave only gains charges from energy attacks.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i guess you can block it indefinitely then and recieve no damage
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I've asked that some days before. So yeah, flying swords are as physical as they can trigger UM's physical resistance. This is intentional.
    Basically, I'm sticking to his S1 which deals 3 shocks anyway. It's against one's long-accustomed instinct to adopt a different strategy facing ranged shots.
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    i guess you can block it indefinitely then and receive no damage
    @Sabugen

Not the case. On his info page it states he takes no damage from basic energy attacks when below 3 charges. The "Energy" title is key since Bludgeon and Drift have ranged attacks that apply physical damage. I don't recommend using Shockwave against these bots on serious circumstances. Too many better options. Use UltraMagnus against them since they can't trick his armor buffs. Bludgeon's S2 is the only thing that adds one energy effect.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    If that last part of Bludgeon’s S2 is an energy attack, does that mean Prowl’s S2 is also an energy attack (and by proxy, the Sharkticons that use the same special)?
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    If that last part of Bludgeon’s S2 is an energy attack, does that mean Prowl’s S2 is also an energy attack (and by proxy, the Sharkticons that use the same special)?

It is an energy attack. And as such is useless against mirage.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Yes, but not a basic attack, so no dice.
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i guess you can block it indefinitely then and receive no damage
    @Sabugen

Not the case. On his info page it states he takes no damage from basic energy attacks when below 3 charges. The "Energy" title is key since Bludgeon and Drift have ranged attacks that apply physical damage. I don't recommend using Shockwave against these bots on serious circumstances. Too many better options. Use UltraMagnus against them since they can't trick his armor buffs. Bludgeon's S2 is the only thing that adds one energy effect.

@Drake6401 no it actually says ranged, and from experience you can block phyiscal ranged without getting damage indefinitely.
    edited February 2018
    uhopkm
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Dircules wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Yes, but not a basic attack, so no dice.

Aw shucks. Forgot about that part.