Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

So Issues Facing Magnus 2.0

kranderskranders Posts: 479
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I’m the Magnus fan here but you may need to look at his sig function while alone or his sig level in AM. Section 1 armor lane he killed my Mirage with only two s1s. No other damage received. That is absolutely out of balance.

I’m not sure what you would do to his sig when having no teammates but the way he functions facing him is unbalanced. Especially his s1’s speed and difficulty dodging.
Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So he qualities as 'no teammates' in AM?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yes, he does
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Yes so 20% resistance and 80% attack
  • MeelarMeelar Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike theres also an issue with ultra magnus specials causing a slight freeze to the game which is making them unavoidable at times.
    So 40+ UM basically is just a gold mine for you guys. I’m sure you’re quite aware, but it be real nice to see stuff like this addressed.

You also need to look at what you’ve done with galvatron. Just absurd. He just blocks till Will pops then unstoppable. Great move for your wallets, but bad move for keeping any interest from your player base.

Hope you guys take this into consideration as more and more of us are just fed up with your cash grab.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i do that sucker with prowl, keep him out of energy
    As a side note, UM's S1 is easy to dodge when you get used to it. This special is very slow, you even want to wait a bit before the hammer drops, then sidestep. Still, that's somehow tricky when we're all used to reflect quickly against other specials.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    The action itself causes lag it basically happens right when the hammer appears you should sidestep by the time the motion starts, but it’s impossible to do if the lag hits right then
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    How this 80% attack works in AM needs to be reconsidered for sure. Don’t know if it was intended for him to have no teammates.
  • MeelarMeelar Posts: 12
    Hey I’m talking map 3 40+ . It’s easy to dodge If the game doesn’t freeze itself every time he uses it. I fight him twice and it’s the same stuff every single time. If the game lags and he hits an s1 right now my bot is kod. I’m playing with r5 4* bots with high forge.

I’ve fought him since map 3 launched. I know how to fight him. It’s the fact your game is broken. Has nothing to do with my personal skill. I’ve never had to use items. Now I’m warching my teams wipe multiple times from nothing but pure lag and freezes and horrible decisions by kabam.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    With the new update, as always, it’s Kabam, so naturally bots will be unbalanced. Even though we took it easy this week since Kabam “update” = bugs, I’ve had horrible experiences with AM this week that I almost wanted to ditch my iPhone 7+ for an Android. But looks like it’s not just an iOS thing. I was facing UM on 3.4 and well I only had brawlers left, but i was certainly close to throwing my phone out the window.
  • Well he'd still get a bonus for more dead teammates or more live teammates, even if he didn't get both, so... I'm not sure what you'd propose unless you are asking to only ever populate ultra magnus at the beginning of AM or to completely disable his sig for AM. He'd have the attack bonus exactly half the time whether he was considered "no teammates" or not.
    Well he'd still get a bonus for more dead teammates or more live teammates, even if he didn't get both, so... I'm not sure what you'd propose unless you are asking to only ever populate ultra magnus at the beginning of AM or to completely disable his sig for AM. He'd have the attack bonus exactly half the time whether he was considered "no teammates" or not.

In AM there are no "teammates". An enemy UM will never have teammates. I don't necessarily have a recommendation but an 80% attack buff is stronger than any other sig. Just like they lowered the sig of MM on his node to 50, they could lower UM's sig level and balance it out a bit. It's a bit OP right now but if it stays, it stays.
  • I guess they should nerft Magnus to compensate in AM.
    I still don’t think it was intended for UM to be “alone” for AMs. @Kabam Miike can you let us know if this was truly the intention or something that was just overlooked during his changes?
  • He is costing me lots items in AM after the change, it's discouraging. Mods please advise.....
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    That's the issue with Kabam, they make a decent change to a bot, but they just forget how it will also impact other game modes with said bots and then we get to this place right here.

It's just so damn lazy of them.
    It would be odd but IMO if he is the last one on the team the sig seems appropriate however realistically nobody would run a solo so a unique solo sig or lowering the AM level should happen. I don’t know of another sig that’s a flat 80%. But if it meant needing his sig in teams I’d say no.
  • Been having a tough time with UM in AM as well. Please consider reducing his sig level.
    I think it was discussed before but how does his sig work for Arena then?
  • UM doesn’t need to be nerfed. All that needs to be done is take away or reduce his sig in AM, and fix his glitch with his special 1. Problem solved.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious okay so this is getting absurd twice now I’ve wiped on UM in section 1. A four hit combo did 30% damage or more. S1 another 40%. He’s now harder than minis and completely broken. His sig at 100 with no teammates plus armor cycle is too much.

I absolutely hate saying it but it’s got to be fixed soon. Even MM is not hitting this hard.
    It took 6 months to get UM fixed. They are gonna make us pay for it now, and when the energon is gone they'll probably adjust him
    At least he’s not on pyro lane :s

(That was not a suggestion Kabam)
  • @Kranders
    Chill just use Galvatron, Waspinator, (R.O.T.F) Megatron, and Mixmaster
    And IH, he is meant to do perfect on UM.
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited February 2018
    Players not buying items in map2 = quick nerf on Ratchet
    Players wasting items on op UM = it can wait

We know how number twiks can easily be done for bots in AM its matter of will$$$$
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    Meelar wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike theres also an issue with ultra magnus specials causing a slight freeze to the game which is making them unavoidable at times.
    So 40+ UM basically is just a gold mine for you guys. I’m sure you’re quite aware, but it be real nice to see stuff like this addressed.

You also need to look at what you’ve done with galvatron. Just absurd. He just blocks till Will pops then unstoppable. Great move for your wallets, but bad move for keeping any interest from your player base.

Hope you guys take this into consideration as more and more of us are just fed up with your cash grab.
    UM doesn’t need to be nerfed. All that needs to be done is take away or reduce his sig in AM, and fix his glitch with his special 1. Problem solved.
    BUMP

2 ranged shots doing over 1k damage is insane!
    And IH, he is meant to do perfect on UM.

The point is not who can kill him. Of course the demo bots kill him but when you are playing high ranking difficulties you have to cover all three sections. The point is two 4 hit light combos and an s1 should not kill you at 100% when PI is only slight more for UM.
    Or @Kabam Miike perhaps make his sig into buffs that can be nullified. That would be a bit more of a fair trade off and allow for some counter bots.
    edited February 2018
    Kabam... Straight up, no BS.

UM Sig ability needs to be nerfed immediately following AM. If any of you play this game at a high level, there should be absolutely no doubt in your mind that the way it functions on maps is broken.

He is always considered alone and always has full passive from the Sig. He literally hits like MM at full Sig with low health, and has defense like Grindor with his armor always up, except it's resistance which makes it even tougher to get around.

Yeah, there are a couple bots' that can run him over.. the point is, if you get caught by even one combo, you are pretty much finished. It requires perfect play against UM.

It is absolutely game breaking. I am shocked this wasn't play tested, and if it was and allowed to pass it could only be considered as a complete disregard to the player base.

We have seen you make quick changes to bots when they broke the game from your profit margin perspective. We expect the same when it unfairly affects the money we put into the game on our end as well.

UM nullify being fixed and the new armour stack break on specials would have been the perfect buff without changing the Sig. The original Sig was good, albeit confusing... But it was still good.