Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Sig arena. Whats the point

Just finished sig arena. Again 8-12%. Again 5 superior crystals. Again no 4 star sig.

Last 3 arena, 15 superior crystals, only 1 4*. 1 for 15 on a crystal that only drops 3* and 4* what kind of kabam math is that, and why waste time in this arena.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Sig arena is like having a 4* crystal shard arena... Every one of those Sig programs is equal to 11 4* shards plus forge XP.

It's probably the most valuable arena running g right now, and players know it which is why it requires the highest scores.

More Sig level on your 3* bots = less resources to max forge your champion 4* bots, and more 4* shards for you.
  • Yep, doc, I hated seeing it replace a crystal bounty arena, but in several ways, it's just as, if not more valuable than bounty arena. I and a few members in my alliance family are saving programs for sharks. They give huge forge xp.
  • Love the Sig Bounty - was in the 3% bracket and got lots of sig programs mostly 3 and 4 star
  • I agree the 4* drop rate from those "superior" crystals is trash, but the sig arena is otherwise awesome. You get a lot more "duping" for 2 & 3* bots than crystal bounty could ever provide. Like @Manthro said, makes it a lot easier to forge your bots.
  • FlavinFlavin Posts: 31
    yeah I'm really upset that I used to skip this arena, really the only way to boost my AM team ATM, and got really lucky and got to add 3 sigs to OP prime today.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I think this might be the best arena now. It’s very useful and you can get a lot.
  • LynxyLynxy Posts: 13
    Just finished sig arena. Again 8-12%. Again 5 superior crystals. Again no 4 star sig.

Last 3 arena, 15 superior crystals, only 1 4*. 1 for 15 on a crystal that only drops 3* and 4* what kind of kabam math is that, and why waste time in this arena.

Because thanks to this arena it’s possible to get duped of all the sharks from last event at 4*. Sure it’s going to take about 10 months but i’ll end up with 26 4 star shark crystals.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited February 2018
    No, it is in no way more valuable for the majority of players.

55x 4 star shards and maybe 1 level on a bot you already have duped is nowhere near as good as a crystal arena which gives 200 shards? but even that is garbage compared to the OLD bounty which gave 1000 shards for 2 days play. The conversion rate to 4* will never be as good as pure 4* shards, and if you have to convert the items in to something else to make it valuable, then the whole thing is useless and pointless and not doing it's intended job.

An 8-12% player has no need for the 'benefits' being described here about making max forge easier.

It certainly doesn't require the highest scores either. Maybe in your 1-4% bubble world, which is irrelevant to 96% of the players in the game, 8-12%+ needs less points than the primal featured 10% and gives a much higher rank, meaning less people playing/lower scores.

The only good thing about sig arena now, is if you have duped sharks to dump them in to, otherwise, it is a terrible arena. Sharks is the only reason I bothered with it this time.
  • I always finish 1-2% or 3-4%.... call me the king of 2 and 3s.... it has yet to be worth my time
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Manthro wrote: »
    It's probably the most valuable arena running g right now, and players know it which is why it requires the highest scores.
    Probably not. I compared my results of the last Crystal and Sig bounties. I score 300K less in sig bounty but climbed 7 places in rank.

Still, I agree it's valuable from the forging perspective.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Terminal wrote: »

55x 4 star shards and maybe 1 level on a bot you already have duped is nowhere near as good as a crystal arena which gives 200 shards? but even that is garbage compared to the OLD bounty which gave 1000 shards for 2 days play. The conversion rate to 4* will never be as good as pure 4* shards, and if you have to convert the items in to something else to make it valuable, then the whole thing is useless and pointless and not doing it's intended job.

An 8-12% player has no need for the 'benefits' being described here about making max forge easier.

It certainly doesn't require the highest scores either. Maybe in your 1-4% bubble world, which is irrelevant to 96% of the players in the game, 8-12%+ needs less points than the primal featured 10% and gives a much higher rank, meaning less people playing/lower scores.

The only good thing about sig arena now, is if you have duped sharks to dump them in to, otherwise, it is a terrible arena. Sharks is the only reason I bothered with it this time.

Your math is no bueno.

You are considering that the programs are only worth shards if you get 5 of the same class. If you were to pull 15 3* programs, 15*11 shards = 165 4* shards. Just because they aren't all for the same class bot, doesn't mean they are worth 0. Could the rewards be better Of course! They are FAR from worthless though.

Also, I'm not in the top 1-4%. I finish 5-7% or 8-12% on normal effort.

The fact is, the Sig programs are worth more than pure 4* shards, not less. They are worth forge XP and shards, you can do more with them than just draw a random bot. It's too bad you can't see that.

And yes, top ranks in Sig arenas require the highest scores of all, because the players going for it understand that being able to choose which bot you want to target with Sig boosts is far more efficient than hoping you land on the right dupe.

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Well each arena has value to different players. Crystals are great but I ranked in sig to raise the level of my AM team instead of gambling on dupes. Yet again though the rewards are awful. I got zero 4* programs from 20 crystals. That rate is just insanely bad. You have to have a carrot at the end of the stick if you want to move.

The game is creeping closer and closer to a cliff. There is so little reward in almost all aspects.

Raids - mostly junk still no changes to regular store since practically launch. The raid feature bot bonus is laughable.

Arena - no milestones. 1-2% is generally okay but most returns are crap. See sigs. Even the feature arenas give mediocre amounts of chips.

AM - rank rewards are god awful. No motivation beyond exploration for as difficult as it is to coordinate.

There is so much they could do to improve and still make money but it’s getting closer to a joke at this point.
  • Thank you @Terminal i thought i was in another reality with those response.

The concept is important, but the rewards and the dump for the sup crystals make it trash. 8-12% should be guaranteed 4* sig.
  • And i didnt care to what add to duped 4* so i can forge for what more 4* shark bots. I want to add my 4* sig on my am bots. Raising 2 and 3 bots sigs. Not an issue since i get those duped np
  • Just to be clear to those saying this is more valuable than crystal bounty and say out math is bad.

You say its good to get all these 3* sigs cause after forged 15 sigs will grant me 165 4* shards.

It what planets math is that better than just 400-650 in the same 4* shards?

The only reward worth in this arena is 4* sig with a horrible drop in superior crystal or guaranteed in top 5. Sorry not selling me, lol
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Sig arena is good for players with too many 4* bots and just want to dupe their specific top 3 bots for AM. That is, if they rank in top 10 to get those 4* sig programs. The rest of the random sig crystals are meh.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited February 2018
    Top 10 in Sig Arena is better than Top 10 in Crystal. In crystal if you get 1-2% what’s the difference between between top 10? Not enough to make you want to run it hard. However top 10 in Sig guarantees you a four star with its 5 Sig upgrades.

Its one days worth of work in what you are getting from the two days you would to be in the top 10 for.

However I also understand the appeal of 4 stars if you don’t have the dupes I feel Sig is the icing on the cake or if you want to make one particular bot stronger, like me
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited February 2018
    they should give out more 4* sig programs (even if it's just an extra 2 for every 10 sig crystals opened). that would make everyone happier to chase for the higher tier rewards. Kabam you should consider.

4* programs is less valuable than a new 4* bot or an awakening program anyway, hence it will help make the player base happier and more motivated to reach top 1-4% in this arena.
  • Yeah, just make the 4* programs more available. Just maybe even 1 for the top 10%, but at least something. Yeah a program better for me than a random bot. But if not seeing any 4* whats the point.

Or just bring back milestones. Its a Saturday, dont wanna spend 7 hours a day putting in "work"
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited February 2018
    A lot of it depends on what you need right now. If you want four star sig upgrades and just flat out want and need four star crystals, right now, then yah, it's pretty meh unless you rank top ten.

What I'm finding it valuable for is in an area of need for me, which is forge xp. You get bonus forge xp for sig lvl, plus around a 50% extra bonus for shark sig lvl. It takes time to collect enough programs to make a big impact, but all those two and three star sig programs add up. You want to get as many of them as you can, even if it doesn't give you an immediate advantage.

Actually, if I were really patient, which I'm usually not, I'd consider using four star sig programs on four star sharks for five star bot forge food.
    To put it simple: those who can score high, want both. Those who can't, want them too. In the end, it's the formers who grind autofighty.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643

Lucky you, I got 0 4*

xanijtvnneil.png
    mxbhjy2satyn.png
    dk1mxz1y0f4y.png
    v1pq37xp27po.png
    pqwxv8yc9jjh.png
    s8xp64b9ya6j.png

Me either. 15 sig and 20 superior sig = zero 4*
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited February 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »

Your math is no bueno.

You are considering that the programs are only worth shards if you get 5 of the same class. If you were to pull 15 3* programs, 15*11 shards = 165 4* shards. Just because they aren't all for the same class bot, doesn't mean they are worth 0. Could the rewards be better Of course! They are FAR from worthless though.

Also, I'm not in the top 1-4%. I finish 5-7% or 8-12% on normal effort.

The fact is, the Sig programs are worth more than pure 4* shards, not less. They are worth forge XP and shards, you can do more with them than just draw a random bot. It's too bad you can't see that.

And yes, top ranks in Sig arenas require the highest scores of all, because the players going for it understand that being able to choose which bot you want to target with Sig boosts is far more efficient than hoping you land on the right dupe.

your math is no beuno, 8-12% doesn't get 15 3* crystals, they get 5, hence 55 shards. I'm comparing a single arena 55 to the new 200 shards to the original bounty.

You'd also need to actually forge those bots to actually get the shards, which if it's only a 1 or 2 for one class.. it's not really worth doing it every week, so you have to hold them for what.. months? before you can actually get the 'value' from it?

Then start the process all over again and get more dupe 3* bots.

This is terrible and useless for any outside the top percent, the vast majority of the player base, which is why.. big surprise.. no one bothers.. only the top cares and fights for it.

Kabam has consistently focused on 'improving' the game for the top %, which is why the game isn't growing but the top % are still here, defending everything because it's so great for them.

It's a different world for players outside of your top percent bubble. Different world, different values, different needs and requirements, different stage in the game needing different things.

I wish you could see that just because it's great for you, it isn't great for the other brackets, from 8-12% and below.

Stuff is not universally good in this game, some things are more useful depending on what stage you're at. Yeah, you can say sig arena is the most coveted arena for the top 5%.. it's also completely irrelevant and a giant nerf to the rewards everyone else was earning previously.
  • You can't blame sig arena as being a nerf to the way crystal bounty was. It was very clearly stated by Kabam that they felt we were getting 4* at too high a rate. I respect that transparency, so I'm not going to turn around and forget about it 10 minutes later.

The bottom line is, they took the previous iteration of crystal bounty away, and people still want it back. You can't blame sig arena for that. We're lucky they didn't just give us another mod arena.

Arguing whether or not it is the "best" arena is pointless, but this thread originated because the OP felt that sig arena is useless, and the mere fact that people are arguing whether or not it is the best or second best arena says quite a lot to dispute the OP's claim.

Also, I'm not sure what community you are a part of, but the top % are dropping like flies. They aren't improving the game for the top %, they are merely evolving the game as they see fit. If anything, they are improving the game for SPENDERS, not the top 5%.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited February 2018
    Doc, I don't really think a straight shard for shard comparison captures much of the point anyway. A max forge level 4* is easily > than a mere 4*, and crystal bounty does nigh nothing at all to accelerate this. Sig arena does. The shards you get for forging are merely an additional bonus. To try to properly "math out" a crystal bounty arena to sig arena comparison, you'd have to have some sort of math for forge level on a 4* (of which crystal bounty contributes exactly 0... well, almost 0, the accompanying 3* shards provide a pittance that is way way WAY outdone in sig arena). Otherwise, your math is bad/skips half of all context before you even start.

That's also before you even consider the fact that one day of crystal bounty was going to be eliminated regardless, so you would really be comparing sig arena to every arena BUT crystal bounty in the first place. So... far from being a nerf to crystal bounty, in reality it's more like the best thing you could have placed in the newly empty spot.
  • That's also before you even consider the fact that one day of crystal bounty was going to be eliminated regardless, so you would really be comparing sig arena to every arena BUT crystal bounty in the first place. So... far from being a nerf to crystal bounty, in reality it's more like the best thing you could have placed in the newly empty spot.

^^^ Exactly
  • Guys i really dont get ur arguments. No one except 5 people are really 4* sigs @Mufc14 just showed he went 0 for 20. Why are u defending this drop rate. I said earlier the concept of this arena is great the payouts make it worthless.

I get ur math 3* sigs help forge to create 4* shards. Thats all a 3* sig will do for me right. So why not just take tje shards. They dont help my sig level on my 4* when forged. So again if my goal is to up my sig level on 4* then id rather just have shards. Or my initial point i want access to 4* sig. Give some off at idk the 5-7% rank. Or have ur "superior" crystals which only do 3 amd 4* have a better than 1 in 30 drop rate. Why are u guys cool with this jip?
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Can we all agree we need to slightly tweak/up rewards from sig arena, putting awakening programs in the top 10% would be sweet. Not that I could get top 10%, but I'd strive for it. I got 4* primal I'll never dup, so awakening program would help a great deal. 4* crystals cone so seldomly that a dup 4* for me is almost impossible. I have 4 4*, one of which is a shark :/ so really i have 3 4* bots, none of which are duped. And until primal is no longer exclusive, I can kiss f100 and dup goodbye. Which suck, @Kabam Miike , because I grinded hard, worked my tail off and got a 4* primal.. but hes as basic as a bot comes until you all make him a) available as at least 3* in pbc, and b.) Offer awakening programs for f2p players...
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    It’s pretty much crystal bounty.. 3* upgrades = 4* shards to me