Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: No Bot Left Behind

Comments

• Just out of curiosity how many of you are struggling and if you are how many r5 bots do you have?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    No r5 bots at all, and using my B team of 4/40 4* bots to clear chapter act 1&2 so far.... No issues yet
  • RicoGamerRicoGamer Posts: 32
    edited February 2018
    wth should this ironhide in expert spotlight with these mods? +400% generating specials ebergy.. each attack or incomming hits .. +150% special attack boost.. all 3 hits full load special 3 attack.. why make you not 1 hit= dead or automatic dead after 3sec in fight??? unbeliveable braindead!!!
    RicoGamer wrote: »
    wth should this ironhide in expert spotlight with these mods? +400% generating specials ebergy.. each attack or incomming hits .. +150% special attack boost.. all 3 hits full load special 3 attack.. why make you not 1 hit= dead or automatic dead after 3sec in fight??? unbeliveable braindead!!!

Use mirage or Rhinox. They mitigate damage and power burn/power lock.

As for the mods.. Ironhide is annoying but easy. You can't fight every single Opponent the same way. You gotta play around the mod and adapt, or use a bot that has a hard counter to it.

Shockwave is another good choice. Has very good power drain
  • RicoGamer wrote: »

Go watch Inqosly's video regarding grimlock from galvatrons spotlight. Ironhide was quite easy.
  • Wow so I can earn all of this just by completing chapter 3?
  • i was passing ih.. but these mods are just a joke.. same on prime in cap 2.2.. i was wondered that he not got energon shield too.. for healing by incoming hits.. braindead programmed
  • RicoGamer wrote: »
    i was passing ih.. but these mods are just a joke.. same on prime in cap 2.2.. i was wondered that he not got energon shield too.. for healing by incoming hits.. braindead programmed

I'm approaching him now. The unstoppable and melee damage make him tough, the cycle resist just makes him insane...
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    RicoGamer wrote: »
    i was passing ih.. but these mods are just a joke.. same on prime in cap 2.2.. i was wondered that he not got energon shield too.. for healing by incoming hits.. braindead programmed

I'm approaching him now. The unstoppable and melee damage make him tough, the cycle resist just makes him insane...

I thought Prime was the toughest of the bosses in expert, I bitterly dislike that cycling unstoppable mod. It was the worst mod in the Christmas special bee mission and it's still the worst one now. The description of the mod describes that you can hit the opponent to disable the mod and leave them stunned. Unfortunately you actually need to hit them 3 or 4 times to disable it, which happens more fluke than anything since they can just shrug the first hit off and block the remaining while unstoppable. So you often get trapped against the wall while they pound a combo on you while loosing half your life on a bot while just blocking. It's really walking the the line between challenging and just plain "stupid".
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Sabugen wrote: »
    cool we finally get t3 class essense, even though it's a bit low. quite disappointing about the superior bot... whole week of grind with the only real reward being the 1000 t3 class, less than we get from a week of AM, unless you are super lucky with the crystal. better than nothing though!

*Note that these are T3C Crystal Shards and not T3C Spark Essence.

I was going to say, am I missing something or isn't this half a t3c crystal? That's pretty sweet in my book.

A t3c crystal needs 10k shards

:( that figures. Maybe I won't go super crazy trying for 100% then if kabam did their usual screwed up mods...2 months of murder I can see, but almost a year...

Yep they really broke it with the mods this month.. that mv1 boss looks like evil on a stick. I haven’t fought him yet but man wtf.. focused frenzy AND melee damage? It’s pretty much that stupid s1000 boss all over again but this time it’s mv1 who already has ridiculously high melee damage to begin with.. round of applause for Kabaam!
    I just love it when they read posts yet don’t do anything about it!

The worst thing about it is when Prime drops below 20% health, he'll become a game over device
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    cool we finally get t3 class essense, even though it's a bit low. quite disappointing about the superior bot... whole week of grind with the only real reward being the 1000 t3 class, less than we get from a week of AM, unless you are super lucky with the crystal. better than nothing though!

I was going to say, am I missing something or isn't this half a t3c crystal? That's pretty sweet in my book.

:( that figures. Maybe I won't go super crazy trying for 100% then if kabam did their usual screwed up mods...2 months of murder I can see, but almost a year...

Yep they really broke it with the mods this month.. that mv1 boss looks like evil on a stick. I haven’t fought him yet but man wtf.. focused frenzy AND melee damage? It’s pretty much that stupid s1000 boss all over again but this time it’s mv1 who already has ridiculously high melee damage to begin with.. round of applause for Kabaam!

The worst thing about it is when Prime drops below 20% health, he'll become a game over device

UM and Starscream make him fairly easy to deal with. Otherwise, need nimble fingers but he is beatable. I did it with my B squad after failing the first 3 times.
  • Manthro wrote: »

UM and Starscream make him fairly easy to deal with. Otherwise, need nimble fingers but he is beatable. I did it with my B squad after failing the first 3 times.

Don't forget G1 Megatron, I buff stripped the crap outta him. He was cycling resistances every few seconds. If his sig and unstoppable hadn't popped at the same time enabling him to throw a humongous sp1 he'd have been toast.
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Manthro wrote: »

Don't forget G1 Megatron, I buff stripped the crap outta him. He was cycling resistances every few seconds. If his sig and unstoppable hadn't popped at the same time enabling him to throw a humongous sp1 he'd have been toast.

Anyone know what the best combo for melee is? I usually use tap tap swipe tap swipe and then [if I have it] specials.
    Optima1P wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

Anyone know what the best combo for melee is? I usually use tap tap swipe tap swipe and then [if I have it] specials.

I use Medium, Triple light, Medium ( Swipe, triple tap, swipe)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    SaYnT wrote: »
    So you often get trapped against the wall while they pound a combo on you while loosing half your life on a bot while just blocking.
    To mitigate blocking damage when pinned down, try "block-backstep-block-backstep" trick. Often, AI shows mercy if you succeed in backstepping their attacks and either stops or backsteps.
    But don't backstep all the time, you'll get caught by his non-stop punching.

• MikaMika Posts: 12
    When will the sharks be back?
  • I think on a side note that it's time for all commanders to be able to finally reach about LVL 50. I mean what's the point of the xp boost which BTW does not give 50 percent experience points when used. What's the point of that even being in the gane for those who have reached that level. That's all I have for now I love this game I hope it gets even better.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I think on a side note that it's time for all commanders to be able to finally reach about LVL 50. I mean what's the point of the xp boost which BTW does not give 50 percent experience points when used. What's the point of that even being in the gane for those who have reached that level. That's all I have for now I love this game I hope it gets even better.

To date, nobody has a sig100 4 star bot. Few people have a squad of f100 r5 50/50 bots. So... there's still much left to do.
    Just beat the Expert mission this morning, Bumblebee is not as hard as I thought, in fact, he's the 3rd easiest boss to beat in my opinion
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Can this end now? I'm getting bored of it
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Can this end now? I'm getting bored of it

Just under 5 days left.
  • larriouslarrious Posts: 36
    edited March 2018
    what's the expert mod like for boss Hound? contemplating whether to throw more energon to try to complete.
    larrious wrote: »
    what's the expert mod like for boss Hound? contemplating whether to throw more energon to try to complete.
    It’s insane
    - Unblockable ranged attacks
    - Unblockable L2
    - And the worst thing it has, melee evade
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    3.2 Hound? Just throw IH heavies at him. He is much easier than MV for sure.
  • I had no real issues with hound either. If you beat MV1 you can beat hound for sure. I used r4 MV1 and r4 g1 megs, no kits.
  • The melee evade was the biggest pain. If you hit past mv1 and bee, you'll do fine
    edited March 2018
    Thanks guys. Turns out I'm stuck at bee. Wb ss anti evade didn't do too much for me.

Btw when and how does scout bee get the evade Buff?
    larrious wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Turns out I'm stuck at bee. Wb ss anti evade didn't do too much for me.

Btw when and how does scout bee get the evade Buff?
    Scout Bee gets an evade buff everytime he dashes back/backstep
    dam that's imba. any other strategies other than bringing anti-evade bots? @Gunz0
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    3.1 Bee? Lol again IH to the rescue :D I didn’t bring any anti evade bots. Just do 2-3 hits and backstep instead of 5 hit combos. Do a light range to get him to block then heavy to burn. He doesn’t evade much when he’s blocking or burning.