Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New T3c essence offer... Coincidence after criticism?

I detail the futility of t3c essence spins in AS crystals yesterday, and we get this today:

pn75j47pxb3l.jpg

i4euuypcx8ue.gif

Comments

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    How much in one crystal? 250 or 1000?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    500 and 1000 is the rare prize
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Still... Considering it's taken 3 months (maybe more?) of difficulty 35+ AM to get 1000 essence of one class of spark.. by that math, this offer potentially accelerates the timeline by 15 months, if you draw all max essence AND they are all the same class...

Even if all those stars align, it will still leave me with having to collect essence for another 12 months (4000 essence remaining) at my current rate.

Awful, awful use of energon on this one, people. Stay far, far away.

I have to say, hands down the worst offer I have ever seen put out thus far for this game... "Cut forever.. IN HALF(maybe)!! For the low, low price of 800 energon! Will only take you ONE year(maybe) instead of two to get the rest... If you are in a top alliance."
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I’d consider if it was shards.. but nope it’s random. Ty kabam but no ty we know you’re taking advantage of us once again.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Kabam do you think we got 9000 essence from the AM & need this offer to complete a spark?
    You really have no idea how the game works, this offer would be responsible if it shards not essence.
  • I was actually considering this since my next rank ups will be Windblade or G1 Megs. Thanks for putting it in perspective.
  • Yeah.. it would be like ‘here kabam, flush my 800 energon down the toilet’.

I looked at the offer and my first thought was ‘huh’
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    There was a 4* awakening program at 1000 energon. 1000 energon to make sure you have a duped 4* and sig upgrade to lvl5, and another duped 3* of your choice. That way you feel your energons converge to a point. Now this offer is like throwing a handful of sand in order to hit a mosquito.

No, I hesitated even if I though at first that it was 2500 essence at each crystal. Then somebody's screenshot showed it's 500....
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited February 2018
    They did the same thing when there were complaints about gold and the original HA complaints.. they decided to sell the things people were complaining about as a problem, there was a gold pack and a HA promotion in the same way as this one.

It's great that they listen.. shame their actions are so obvious.

They very easily identify problems, but their solution is to profit from it instead of fixing it. It just all feels so short-sighted.

This game needs to grow but the growth feels stunted by this kind of stuff.
    edited February 2018
    Terminal wrote: »
    They did the same thing when there were complaints about gold and the original HA complaints.. they decided to sell the things people were complaining about as a problem, there was a gold pack and a HA promotion in the same way as this one.

It's great that they listen.. shame their actions are so obvious.

They very easily identify problems, but their solution is to profit from it instead of fixing it. It just all feels so short-sighted.

This game needs to grow but the growth feels stunted by this kind of stuff.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to profit from it, that's basic business... While this is a game, it is also a business.

Just put an offer on the table that is actually worth it if that's what the aim is, instead of insulting our intelligence. This one... Is lol.
  • Agreed... I would not touch with a 10 foot pole! I’ll wait till Kabam looks 2 entice with a better offer...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited February 2018
    Profiting from the problems in the game doesn't seem like basic business, seems like predatory to me.

The business is selling entertainment, not racketeering.

They nerf gold in arena, compounding an existing gold problem and then offer a gold crystals limited bundle to fix the problem.. isn't that like a basic definition of racketeering?
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    If anyone actually bought that offer and opened their crystals, does the banner image still look like this?
    latest?cb=20171218125413
    Or has it been updated?
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited February 2018
    I keep saying this, when map2 opened everyone used Rachet, no one is using items in AM, Kabam quickly REWORKED Rachet because its causing $$$ dips.

When all other problems we bring up that needs fast fix but will not impact the $$$ flow, in any businessmen's mind, why will they bother, unless there will be negative influence (significant loss of players, forum cries)? Hell, many of these broken situations/bugs helps $$ inflow.

That Rachet rework arc was a hint to their MO.
    (Incoming Ban :o:o:o )
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I keep saying this, when map2 opened everyone used Rachet, no one is using items in AM, Kabam quickly REWORKED Rachet because its causing $$$ dips.

When all other problems we bring up that needs fast fix but will not impact the $$$ flow, in any businessmen's mind, why will they bother, unless there will be negative influence (significant loss of players, forum cries)? Hell, many of these broken situations/bugs helps $$ inflow.

That Rachet rework arc was a hint to their MO.
    (Incoming Ban :o:o:o )

You could still do well with a ratchet on map 2, it just takes more skill to use as you can't mindlessly spam heavies to heal up and increase your power rate. The nerf was justified...But that's another topic for a different thread.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    What exactly was Ratchets nerf? I think that happened before I got him so I didn't really pay attention. Something about something switching to 50% (I'm guessing that's self diagnosis?). Was there anything else?
    Darm0k wrote: »
    What exactly was Ratchets nerf? I think that happened before I got him so I didn't really pay attention. Something about something switching to 50% (I'm guessing that's self diagnosis?). Was there anything else?

Please do not derail this thread, the ratchet adjustment has nothing to do with the topic at hand.