Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should AM be moved to a Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday time?

SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this topic because I'd like to know if I'm the only one who feels this way. To me, it seems like we have a lot of people with families, spouses, or significant others who we would like to spend our weekends with, be it on dates, trips, or just being out and about. It also seems that those same people we love and cherish tend to give us certain looks (you know the ones) whenever the phone comes out to try and sneak in a quick fight to remove a mod for your teammate who is waiting on you. To me, the game is a lot of fun but is honestly, not worth getting these aforementioned looks. To that end, for the sake of preserving one's relationships, life (and limbs) I'd like to see the AM time change to coincide during the week where it's easier to get your 5 fights in over the 5 hour period that your energy is recharging. Most people here work 8 to 10 hours a day and have a lunch break where AM fights can take place and then by the time they are home, can log in again to get more fights in, so the adjustment shouldn't be that difficult. Let us have our weekends be free of other players depending on our participation so we can focus on those around us who are important to us.

Should AM be moved to a Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday time? 32 votes

YES, We're tired of hiding from our spouses in various bathrooms around our local communities to sneak fights in.
43%
tekkn1kalFaithz17Docholiday321JscrillahoolienweeYaniv1978SaYnTGrendel_KhanDrShotgunGojuanesdtorreskaterRemmiexxSkidsxxDutch1980 14 votes
NO, it really is just you; I like the time the way it is.
46%
iuJacobJKLWraithTrailbreaker77BlogZmogisPromethium1Mufc14LaprasInsanecloudthonkertronxxerexxNKV82larriousSixDigitsLynxy 15 votes
I DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER
9%
DeadSilenceBeerguzzlerNinjaHunterX 3 votes

Comments

• NO, it really is just you; I like the time the way it is.
    What about the uh.. *ahem* game’s target demographic?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Unlimited AM energy and no regen links, problem solved.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    YES, We're tired of hiding from our spouses in various bathrooms around our local communities to sneak fights in.
    I have my daughters confiscating my phone =_=
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    As much as I'd like it to be moved to the week days, we will still find the same issues that has been plaguing this game with how its designed. It's just takes too much work and too much of your time to gain any reward, and compound that with the stress that AM can bring (especially at high level difficulty) it just makes you want to throw your hands up in the air with just how much you have work toward in keeping a solid competitive account that somewhat progresses along with the AM competition that demands it.

I gave up AM altogether, and I'm sorta enjoying the game; however, this game has so many issues that is just dissolves into a gigantic time sink, and that's just not fun at all.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    @that1guy I wish I could go cold turkey like you. You're an inspiration. I am slowly but surely cutting down my time in this game. I do enjoy low level AMs though. Don't really need that much coordination, just take whatever path isn't taken, have fun playing with people I know over the past few months and it's not so frustrating when the game lags or has control issues because the level is a lot more forgiving.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    i think having unlimited energy would help a lot more but then AM could be done in an hour vs hours so it will never happen. I do like that I can sleep now (like the original AM times) wake up, and finish but for others they may not have that luxury or they sleep after he first few moves. But I do wish that this wasn’t a job because it’s starting to feel that way.
  • YES, We're tired of hiding from our spouses in various bathrooms around our local communities to sneak fights in.
    Terminal wrote: »
    The same problem applies on week days. Some portion will have problems regardless of when it is......

You need what.. 14-18 hours of energy per person? It's a bit unreasonable for a 4 day event every week. It's basically a part time job with no reward... oh no wait.. you'll get some T1 and T2 BASIC sparks and some T1A and one T2 class crystal, lol

Good god man whats wrong with you @Terminal?! REVIVES!! You forgot the unlimited ( but really they are limited ) revives you get from AM crystals. Does your part time job at Wally World give you revives ? No sir, they do not. I bid you good day...................
  • YES, We're tired of hiding from our spouses in various bathrooms around our local communities to sneak fights in.
    Especially for us out west. My am starts at 3pm here. So the prime time is 9,10, 11 at night to clear minibosses and sorry im out at the bar.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited February 2018

Who exactly do you think is the target demographic? I'm just curious, cause it doesn't seem like everyone is as happy as you seem to think.

Personally, this game has always been blow off time for me... At work, after work, late night gaming. The weekends I prefer to do actual stuff. Spending time with the family, going out, etc. Really the best schedule was when it alternated, so we would have some weekends off.

I just took the past 2 weeks off from the game, and I was so nice to not have to log on during the weekend and go do stuff with friends instead. I'm going to try playing again, but really not sure how it is going to work out, because this game just demands too much time on the weekend.

This game is best played as a time filler, when you have nothing better to do. When it starts to take up your time from doing more enjoyable things, it is crossing a line and becomes a drag instead of a fun escape.
    Yes.. please move
    tekkn1kal wrote: »

Who exactly do you think is the target demographic? I'm just curious, cause it doesn't seem like everyone is as happy as you seem to think.

Personally, this game has always been blow off time for me... At work, after work, late night gaming. The weekends I prefer to do actual stuff. Spending time with the family, going out, etc. Really the best schedule was when it alternated, so we would have some weekends off.

I just took the past 2 weeks off from the game, and I was so nice to not have to log on during the weekend and go do stuff with friends instead. I'm going to try playing again, but really not sure how it is going to work out, because this game just demands too much time on the weekend.

This game is best played as a time filler, when you have nothing better to do. When it starts to take up your time from doing more enjoyable things, it is crossing a line and becomes a drag instead of a fun escape.

Young Adults
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012

Young Adults

Eh, that's a pretty broad paintbrush to paint with. Do you have an actual age range because adults of all ages have different attitudes about what they think is "young".
    I would be interested in actual data Kabam sees from AM participation after the change. This poll is such a small fraction of actual players that makes it almost pointless. I'm fine with the current setup but I'm just curious if there was a big jump after the move.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited February 2018
    Young Adults

I think there are two points to be argued there, then... the actual demographic of the game and the target demographic.

I would first off argue that young adults are not the demographic to begin with... the Transformers IP is squarely aimed at people that grew up in the 80s, whereas the younger players who watched the movies or some of the recent, but hardly widely popular animated series are more or less icing on the cake. I don't truly know the demographics across the board in this game, but in MCOC is was pretty clearly people aged 26-35. To me that is not a young adult, and I don't think it is to you either, but maybe I'm wrong. In games like Call of Duty or Day Z, it is 18-23 year olds for days, but in this game most of the people I ask are in that 26-35 demo, so I would gather that is probably an accurate guess.

As for the target demographic, there is absolutely zero question that they are targeting the 26-35 crowd. Young adults don't usually have money, plain and simple. People in their 40s less likely to spend money on a game like this as they usually have other priorities. 26-35 is the perfect demo for them, because they usually are just having serious money in their life, and aren't the best at budgeting it yet. Most 26-35 year olds would rather spend money on bots in a game than stash it away in their 401k or invest in stocks or crypto currencies.

So, I don't at all mean that I think your opinion doesn't matter, but I don't think "young adults" are the target in this specific game. What that means for weekends vs weekdays is anyone's best guess. Judging by the poll results, it seems pretty much down the middle.
    I would be interested in actual data Kabam sees from AM participation after the change. This poll is such a small fraction of actual players that makes it almost pointless. I'm fine with the current setup but I'm just curious if there was a big jump after the move.

This is a very good point too, as quite a number of players seem to have jumped ship. Part of it is map 3, but a big part of it seems to have been the first schedule change they made when they moved it from an always shifting schedule to a static schedule locking in the weekends.
    Synthwave wrote: »

Young Adults

Eh, that's a pretty broad paintbrush to paint with. Do you have an actual age range because adults of all ages have different attitudes about what they think is "young".

Children for the lack of a better word
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Bayformers is young adults and they do have money, their parents money :p

Michael Bay has said he makes movies for teenage boys.

Original TF is of course, an 80s gen.

Mixing all the different eras is a good way to broaden the target market... but it's a tough balance between 3 eras (original, beast, bay).

For example, I'm original series, the other two don't interest me.. so each month of a beast or bay bot, my interest will start to wane... and without a content update, the gameplay/bug/rewards issues become more obvious.