Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How does MCoC stay relevant?

I've never played it but I keep seeing players on here saying the game is already stale and people are leaving, yet it seems MCoC is still going strong. What do they do that's different here? I pretty much thought his was a reskinned version of the same game.
Tagged:

Comments

• Promethium1Promethium1 Posts: 343
    edited February 2018
    I’m guessing the game was supported more consistently? I never played it so i wouldn’t know ¯ \_(ツ)_/¯
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Gotta be doing something right because it seems to be flourishing with a player base many times out size, although I do like the exclusivity of our little world.
  • MCOC gets 2 bots per month, has alliance war, and has more unique events.

That being said, this game also never caught on in the way that MCOC did, in a big way, because MCOC didn't have MCOC to compete with.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Because of Marvel movies that are well made.. Hence why MCOC is still popular till today.. Now we just need some good director to make a few blockbuster transformers movies, then this game would pick up steam!
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    There is a Marvel movie with a lot of marketing 4-6 times a year. The franchise is just a lot stronger. Actually close to everything is better in this game then in MCOC.

And wars are just a constant source of frustration and a money sink in McOC. I’m pretty confident that we don’t need this pay to win fiesta in TFTF.
  • Davien wrote: »
    Because of Marvel movies that are well made.. Hence why MCOC is still popular till today.. Now we just need some good director to make a few blockbuster transformers movies, then this game would pick up steam!

Like that’s ever going to happen :lol:
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    There’s been a rumor about the movies being rebooted so there’s a chance!
  • It's just the skins, marvel skins are a lot more popular. And given the preferred skins and the time already invested as well, many players wouldn't (or can't) play both, at least not more than casually. I would also prefer to be using the marvel skins, but... having retired from MCoC and then playing this game, this game is more like MCoC 2.0 as far as the actual gameplay (sidestep and dodge, can raid to advance not just alliance missions only + merc tactics to get best stuff) and is actually much better as mentioned above. That's not necessarily enough to entice the largest portion of the MCoC players though. If they ever do an MCoC 2.0 that would be interesting, not sure if I'd go back or not.
  • Hey everyone -

I'm going to shut down this thread as it doesn't pertain to Transformers. Please remember to stay on topic about this game specifically. If you wish to discuss the Contest please do so on the specific forum.
This discussion has been closed.