Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Can we have Soundwave shock stack?

kinda takes the edge off when soundwave heavies multiple times and the shock doesn't stack. can this be changed?
Tagged:

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    There’s no need for this to stack, it resets every time you use it, you can add the heavy shock to the specials shock stack
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    edited February 2018
    based on what do you decide there's no need for this to stack? lets not stack bleeds and burns also, that'll be great.
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    There’s no need for this to stack, it resets every time you use it, you can add the heavy shock to the specials shock stack

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    Soundwave is already top notch. Adding stack will make him OP. Unlike other DOT stackers (BC, IH), Soundwave's heavy lands too easily. I normally start the fight with a heavy and go aggressive, knock down the enemy again and again before they got a S1. That can be 3 to 4 heavies so if he can stack, the result will be too devastating.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Other bots stack debuffs because they don't have a 100% trigger rate.

Sometimes I don't understand how players think ideas like this are good for balance.

I'm glad you aren't in charge of creating bots and abilities, lol.

Soundwave is plenty strong and super easy to use.
  • Not to mention it would make soundwave less useful against exo-filter. 3 heavies and you trigger a purification.

But mainly it would make fighting him a bear when he's on a mod like stagger
    personally i think soundwave is no more than average for damage input
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    True but he has insane power gain to compensate for it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Soundwave’s heavy shock stacks with S2 and S3 nicely. Having his heavy stack on another would be too much.
  • Yeah, his dps is "meh", but the utility of his heavy, his power gain, and sonic shield make up for it.
    edited February 2018
    power gain isnt really a reason to drop damage, look at prowl, and shockwave with his massive power drain and shock damage. even mirage has faster power gain usually in active fighting than soundwave does. have to really try hard to gain faster than opponent with sound. anyway, just dropping a note that i'd like to see an improvement with shock stacking.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Shockwave is the new Tech meta now.. right below Rachet. Welcome to the change.
  • Sabugen it isn't about the speed of his power gain. The whole point to Soundwave is you can gain power without being initiated in the fight. Just dump your heavy or Sp2 and then you can dance around while power builds. The only other bot you can do that with has even more gimped damage than SW.

And yeah... 100% chance stackable shock... That would be pretty insane. Maybe you could convince me SW needs a damage boost, but definitely not like that. If anything his special damage should be increased.
  • I don't think that the team would want Soundwave's Shock to stack. He's very powerful as he is right now, and adding that ability would make him too strong.

In fact, when he was first introduced, there was a bug where the Shock debuff wouldn't be placed on the opponent from the Heavy attack, and we were already talking about how great Soundwave was to play as. Then when that bug was brought up and we fixed it... That took him to a whole different level!
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    edited February 2018
    Now I know Soundwave is turned up to eleven, and is great right now, but can you guys run a few filters or some compression on his sine wave cycles to make his SP1 100% power drain instead of 75%? This way he won’t clip when his volume approaches unity gain.
    i found the inhibitor mastery yesterday, using that can make soundwave worthy. his biggest issue is he gives more energy to enemy than himself with those heavies, inhibitor will change that dramatically.
    @tekkn1kal i dont know what u mean, dancing around while gaining energy is what prowl does and he walks around with 10 attack buffs and superior specials.
    Didn't you happen to find that once he lands a heavy, his power bar starts to auto charge? That way if you dance around you'll get 2 bars without building enemy's power other than that heavy itself.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    I agreed with @tekkn1kal. Soundwave is already balance bot. Stackable shock will make him overpowered.
    i get what you claim as balanced but as long as bots like ogprime ironhide and windblade are overpowered everything balanced is underpowered imo
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited February 2018
    There are other bots that are juat as great, just because you feel og ih and wb are meta doesn't mean they are op. Soundwave is very strong as he is, I don't know why you think he should get buffed.
  • This thread is being shut down due to repeative non sense. Nothing is wrong with SW.
  • The primary purpose of the heavy in the first place is power gain (to get the S2 for his intended main offense). The fact that the heavy is almost always a hit (unlike anybody else in game) and has a shock at all in the first place on top of the nigh auto hit is just an added bonus. Making the shock stackable on an auto hitting heavy attack (whose primary purpose is supposed to be power gain anyway) would go from bonus territory to straight up stupid territory.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    @Kabam Miike I agree shock should not stack but he does need a little more utility these days. Perhaps an increased chance to power drain on s1 or increased chance to stun or lock on s3 since the damage is so low.

Also what I’d love to see is have his reflected projectiles have the same chance to apply debuffs back at opponent like burn, backfire, etc.
    or more damage on s1 and s2, utility i manage personally
    also power lock before damage on s3, whats the point of a 6 second power lock after?
    edited February 2018
    Sabugen wrote: »
    also power lock before damage on s3, whats the point of a 6 second power lock after?

You really have some different point of view. You powerlock opponents to go nuke without worrying about building their special meter and therefore, their sp3. What's the point to waste the effect during the animation?
    during the animation is when they recieve damage and gain energy.
    prowl for example locks at the begining of sp3 and thats why its useful.
    after soundwave specials and locks for 6 seconds, its too short to be any kind of effective at that point anyway. unless he happens to proc a stun.
    Sabugen wrote: »

You really have some different point of view. You powerlock opponents to go nuke without worrying about building their special meter and therefore, their sp3. What's the point to waste the effect during the animation?

edited February 2018
    To me, 6 more seconds are a lot. If I'm afraid of triggering an sp3 during the animation I'll bait SP2 first because Soundwave's SP3 does not 100% lock (and I think it should). Soundwave's SP3 build a tiny part of power to the enemy because the damage is mostly done by shock. However, if the enemy has powerlock after, you are free to land a melee combo followed by a heavy, they should have build way more power to the enemy.
    By the way, Prowl locks when the chain is bound, after his punch. And since Prowl can go with SP1 for power burn or SP2 for damage, having his SP3 is the result of "oops I forgot I'm charging".
    edited February 2018
    soundwave shock damage starts with the animation so power is being built.
    and soundwave sp3 is also oops while charging